Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    I thought there was a article about a year ago, stating he got demolition permit for Carpenter Square Building? And that he had a hard time getting the permit, because he did not give details as to the reason why?
    No, absolutely not. I just double-checked the permit database.

They did demolish 421 W. Sheridan on that block (just west of the Lunch Box) some time ago, but that's it.

Oh ok, my mistake, no big deal...but we all know most of those buildings will go!

More good info from Mark Beffort via okcreview.com:

http://www.okcreview.com/news.php?news_id=204&page=1

Q&A Quick Take: Mark Beffort

Several top local commercial real estate pros devoted a few minutes of their valuable time to give us their take on both the year that was 2011, and more importantly, a glimpse into what will be making headlines in the new 2012 in Oklahoma City.

Here are a few thoughts from Mark Beffort, Managing Partner with Grubb & Ellis/Levy Beffort in OKC.

Q: What was the biggest story in OKC commercial real estate in 2011, and why?

The new jobs that have been and are being created. Expansion by Chesapeake, Devon, SandRidge and many other energy-related firms, along with the relocation of Continental Resources and Boeing. The wages for these jobs are well above the current average wage for the private sector.

Q: What will be the biggest story in 2012, and why?

Definitely the CBD. The completion of Project 180 phases 1-5, completion of the I-40 cross-town, the opening of the Devon (headquarters) facility, completion of the renovated SandRidge campus, absorption of over 200,000 sq. ft. of the vacated Devon space, ground breaking of the convention center, ground breaking of 2+ new parking garages, announcement of 1+ new corporate facilities to be built, growth in our downtown living population, and more… and will we see a downtown grocery store open?

>> Ben Johnson, January 16, 2012 | 7:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    More good info from Mark Beffort via okcreview.com:

http://www.okcreview.com/news.php?news_id=204&page=1

Q&A Quick Take: Mark Beffort

Several top local commercial real estate pros devoted a few minutes of their valuable time to give us their take on both the year that was 2011, and more importantly, a glimpse into what will be making headlines in the new 2012 in Oklahoma City.

Here are a few thoughts from Mark Beffort, Managing Partner with Grubb & Ellis/Levy Beffort in OKC.

Q: What was the biggest story in OKC commercial real estate in 2011, and why?

The new jobs that have been and are being created. Expansion by Chesapeake, Devon, SandRidge and many other energy-related firms, along with the relocation of Continental Resources and Boeing. The wages for these jobs are well above the current average wage for the private sector.

Q: What will be the biggest story in 2012, and why?

Definitely the CBD. The completion of Project 180 phases 1-5, completion of the I-40 cross-town, the opening of the Devon (headquarters) facility, completion of the renovated SandRidge campus, absorption of over 200,000 sq. ft. of the vacated Devon space, ground breaking of the convention center, ground breaking of 2+ new parking garages, announcement of 1+ new corporate facilities to be built, growth in our downtown living population, and more… and will we see a downtown grocery store open?

>> Ben Johnson, January 16, 2012 | 7:47 AM
    That makes me nautious! Two convention centers side by side zapping any growth to the south of downtown! I see this killing anyone wanting to live south of it, but it will push more development in Deep Deuce and Midtown. Just love the bad planning wall they are creating with the convention center and 6 lane blvd.

The 1+ quote implies at least one and maybe more.

Don't forget that the Chamber hinted at a big relocation of another HQ around the time of the last Boeing announcement. I think this is separate from whoever will be building this mystery tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    BTW, Mark Beffort will be added to the OCURA board at tomorrow's city council meeting.
    not that it matters ..but this happened at yesterdays meeting and he was also added to the redevelopment authority

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    That makes me nautious! Two convention centers side by side zapping any growth to the south of downtown! I see this killing anyone wanting to live south of it, but it will push more development in Deep Deuce and Midtown. Just love the bad planning wall they are creating with the convention center and 6 lane blvd.
    the blvd will NOT be 6 lanes of traffic .. it will be 4

Any predictions on the location??

SW corner of Main & Hudson is the best location guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the blvd will NOT be 6 lanes of traffic .. it will be 4
    That is what we all thought but it was cofirmed in another thread this week that it is still 6 lanes. It appears the the '4 lane' comment originated with someone who was not in a position to decide such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    That is what we all thought but it was cofirmed in another thread this week that it is still 6 lanes. It appears the the '4 lane' comment originated with someone who was not in a position to decide such things.
    i was at the meeting when several of the city staff including russell claus (who has been at the blvd planning meetings) confirmed that it will be 2 lanes of traffic in each direction

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i was at the meeting when several of the city staff including russell claus (who has been at the blvd planning meetings) confirmed that it will be 2 lanes of traffic in each direction
    But it is being built by the state, not the city. Maybe they are the uninformed sources. Don't get me wrong though - I hope it is 4 lanes (actually, I liked the idea of having it integrate with the existing street grid west of Walker). Steve even confirmed nothing has changed from 6 lanes.

How about MidFirst? They are big and busting at the seams at current building...and does anyone know which highrise they own/and or occupy in downtown Pheonix?

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    I think going east/NE has benefits too. Lots of good more density could do for the health corridor, State complex, Bricktown, Deep Deuce, Flatiron, etc.
    I like E/NE much more than west.

15. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Connect the medical core to the CBD...larger CBD quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercitizen View Post
    Connect the medical core to the CBD...larger CBD quickly.
    The only problem is the nearly 1000 feet of unbuildable space because of the I-235 right of way. However, I would expect mid-rise development along Harrison in Flatiron.

Another good location for a new tower (and my prefered location) would be the vacant lot between EKG and the railroad at 4th.

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Stuff like this still shows up when you do a Google image search for Oklahoma City. Still the Murrah Federal Building in there!

I hope this changes soon because the average person has to dig a little to find anything new that's been built in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by skanaly View Post
    Now i got them! These are pictures of a mix of concepts, plans, and ideas. Also just some fantasy and creativity.
    -Midfirst bank tower- the orange tower north of chase
    -First fidelity- west of the Devon tower
    -Rand Elliots Turbo tower
    -The tallest building, Chspk

[/IMG]

i like that tall skinny building and the Turbonomics tower. Can't wait to see our city in 2025

Btw, I only posted in here to bump it so it isn't forgotten. This is one of my fav threads. I have a couple renderings and pictures I'll post here soon once it looks halfway decent. I'll try and include a picture of the Lumber Yard Tower(s) and a Hyatt Place tower in Bricktown

Took me a minute to find this thread! Just wanted to post some progress on a fun project I've been working on for months now. I'd like to say I can put this around the year 2100 lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 3.39.46 PM.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	16332

Name:	Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 3.38.55 PM.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	16333

Name:	Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 3.37.45 PM.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	16331

Also for future, how do I upload better quality photos?

Quote Originally Posted by skanaly View Post
    Also for future, how do I upload better quality photos?
    Try imgur.com.

Upload there, then post the link.

"okc's future skyline" reminds me of the cover from an okc almanac from around 1989 that showed a futuristic okc skyline... basically the artist depicted this huge mega skyscraper that wrapped around and rose above the entire okc central business district... it kind of reminded me of an album cover for the band boston. the kid version of me thought that was the coolest thing ever and i think i even tried to recreate the drawing. really wish i could find a copy of that old picture!

Thread Information