Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Midfirst is very conservative, but the way that CHK throws around money it could make it an easier decision to sell and build new.

Banks got hit the hardest during the recession, and are just now trying to regroup. I don't think MidFirst has the disposable income to spend on a new skyscraper. They are not that large of a bank outside of Oklahoma and Arizona. Now if it was a major bank like JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, then I would be thinking differently. That is why MidFirst is not the top of my list, they don't even have a Wikipedia for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I will go with MidFirst Bank, it is the most logical.

Any chance that CHK would want to purchase their existing headquarters?
    My guess is Midfirst also. When I worked at Midland Mortgage (office complex next to Midfirst) we were continually running out of space and sent people to other offices on Portland Ave. I think it would be great to consolidate both operations (baking/financing) under 1 roof.

MidFirst used to have all their operations in what is now the Dowell Center up through the 80's.

I don't think they owned that building, though.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Banks got hit the hardest during the recession, and are just now trying to regroup. I don't think MidFirst has the disposable income to spend on a new skyscraper. They are not that large of a bank outside of Oklahoma and Arizona. Now if it was a major bank like JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, then I would be thinking differently. That is why MidFirst is not the top of my list, they don't even have a Wikipedia for crying out loud!
    I vaguely remember reading that MidFirst actually did well during the recession given their conservative investment strategy. Anyone else recall that?

Either way, I don't think MidFirst is hurting and I know they're expanding relatively rapidly, thus making a new HQ downtown a logical guess.

Not to mention their CEO, Jeff Records, is a part owner of the Thunder with strong ties to the downtown community.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I vaguely remember reading that MidFirst actually did well during the recession given their conservative investment strategy. Anyone else recall that?

Either way, I don't think MidFirst is hurting and I know they're expanding relatively rapidly, thus making a new HQ downtown a logical guess.
    I remember pretty good bonuses during the recession.
    When I drove by the the Midfirst complex at night the other day and saw the lit up cranes at CHK in the background I couldn't help but think Midfirst won't be there much longer...

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Yes, I remember reading that too. They actually weathered the recession rather well, and have been experiencing growth. Again I don't think Midfirst builds new unless CHK purchases their existing building, which is almost inevitable. CHK could buy their building, the way that CHK buys properties and that is by making them an offer they can't refuse. If that were to happen Midfirst could easily build downtown and also make a huge statement of being a "Big League Bank", the official bank of the 2012 NBA World Champions the Okc Thunder.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

well what I know about the future skyline is when the CC hotel gets built along with the other tower/s that will double our skyline (from view E/W ),assuming they are south of the new blvd.Doubling our downtown is what was described for 1 of the reasons to relocate I-40.For quick easy ref. look at the OKCTALK banner and imagine 2 buildings left of the Devon Tower.Thinking from that point instead of height makes you get excited if you like shooting pics or vids of skylines because thats what I got out of the "amazing " feeling that was posted.

Wasn't Midfirst waiting until the Devon tower was finished? My guess it would be taller then Devon...?

11. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

I speculated this awhile back after talking to a friend about OG&E and Enogex. Enogex is moving its offices from their current location at Lincoln and I44 - I know specifically of offices going into Leadership Square, not sure about any others or the size of the move. OG&E already had offices in LS, so I have to add them into the list of possibilities.

A side note... the above 10+ pages - help me Jesus. I keep a pretty good daily count on the updates and it was on page 4 last I read this thread. Sometimes silence is golden.

Quote Originally Posted by mrktguy29 View Post
    A side note... the above 10+ pages - help me Jesus. I keep a pretty good daily count on the updates and it was on page 4 last I read this thread. Sometimes silence is golden.
    The thread was merged together earlier today, it was at 7 pages when it was merged so we'd be at either the end of page 7 or beginning of page 8.

13. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    If that were to happen Midfirst could easily build downtown and also make a huge statement of being a "Big League Bank", the official bank of the 2012 NBA World Champions the Okc Thunder.
    I like how you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Jchaser405 View Post
    I think it would be great to consolidate both operations (baking/financing) under 1 roof.
    What a great buisiness plan, I would call it muffins and mortgages!

Sorry, had to.

Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Capital View Post
    There is almost zero chance construction on an office tower of that size will be done on a spec basis.[/URL]
    So you're guessing then. That's what I figured.

OKC's DT office market still has excess capacity, not as much as before but excess as evidenced by the above article. Unless a major corporate relocation occurs, I do not forsee a substantial new high rise build (start) this year. Maybe Sandridge or Continental builds a mid rise in the next 5 years.

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    OKC's DT office market still has excess capacity, not as much as before but excess as evidenced by the above article. Unless a major corporate relocation occurs, I do not forsee a substantial new high rise build this year. Maybe Sandridge or Continental builds a mid rise in the next 5 years.
    That may be, but a large chuck of what Devon is vacating is Class C office space (First National Center). Continental Resources grabbed Mid-America Tower, so it looks like our only concern is Chase Tower and Oklahoma Tower. Both properties are Class A and don't have problems filling space.

I am still a big believer in not marketing Class C space. And the bulk of Class C space is found in First National Center and City Place. No modern, 21st Century company would ever occupy Class C space. Why we even count it in our real estate inventory is beyond me by leaps and bounds.

The rumors are circulating around a substantial high-rise being announced this year, not being built this year. But I will say, no confirmation has been given to whether these rumors are true. Yet various sources, both reliable and unreliable, seem to be on the same page. Either a local company is about to make a major real estate move, or an out-of-state relocation announcement is on the horizon.

Either way, the Oklahoma City trend is growth in owner-occupied space versus multi-tenant leased space. They are both different animals.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    That may be, but a large chuck of what Devon is vacating is Class C office space (First National Center). Continental Resources grabbed Mid-America Tower, so it looks like our only concern is Chase Tower and Oklahoma Tower. Both properties are Class A and don't have problems filling space.

I am still a big believer in not marketing Class C space. And the bulk of Class C space is found in First National Center and City Place. No modern, 21st Century company would ever occupy Class C space. Why we even count it in our real estate inventory is beyond me by leaps and bounds.

The rumors are circulating around a substantial high-rise being announced this year, not being built this year. But I will say, no confirmation has been given to whether these rumors are true. Yet various sources, both reliable and unreliable, seem to be on the same page. Either a local company is about to make a major real estate move, or an out-of-state relocation announcement is on the horizon.

Either way, the Oklahoma City trend is growth in owner-occupied space versus multi-tenant leased space. They are both different animals.
    +1

Yes, at this point I don't even count First National as vacancy and of course Devon's old building is already spoken for.

That leaves decent chunks in both Chase and Oklahoma Towers but I bet all that space will fill pretty easily over the next couple of years. It's still very reasonable compared to new construction or other downtowns around the country.

If a new building was announced today, all that space would likely be absorbed long before it was even open for business. And besides, it's likely employers like Sandridge and Continental will need to lease space even if they decide to build their own buildings, at least in the shorter term.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Yes, at this point I don't even count First National as vacancy and of course Devon's old building is already spoken for.

That leaves decent chunks in both Chase and Oklahoma Towers but I bet all that space will fill pretty easily over the next couple of years. It's still very reasonable compared to new construction or other downtowns around the country.

If a new building was announced today, all that space would likely be absorbed long before it was even open for business. And besides, it's likely employers like Sandridge and Continental will need to lease space even if they decide to build their own buildings, at least in the shorter term.
    Moreover, the article stated that of the 800,000 or so sqft that will be vacated, 200,000 of it is pretty much spoken for. But they didn't mention who will lease it. So that leaves about 600,000 sqft for space, but a portion of that is Class B/C, so its really not that bad.

Devon also currently has space in Corporate Tower that will be vacated with the move.

I think this is very exciting about getting new buildings in downtown. So except for the new future sandridge and the future building steve talked about. What other buildings are being built in okc or might be built soon?

The CC Hotel, Sandridge Tower, and Mystery Skyscraper more than likely will happen and start construction before 2015. Besides that, I could see coupe high-rise hotels thrown in the mix, and possibly a high-rise condo to support the new high-paying employees that will be working downtown.

I know im asking a stupid question, but I have no clue about a CC Hotel? how tall is this going to be and what does CC stand for?

Thread Information