Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mideke Building

Default Re: Mideke Building

There are many places you could live and walk to work, definitely. Heck, on occasion I walk to work at the Health Sciences Center. And grumble about the lack of sidewalks all the way. The last time I did, one of my co-workers stopped to pick me up as she thought there was some sort of problem.

HangryHippo Guest

Well, I don't necessarily this use as better, but I can see it being easier. But hey, they own the building and kudos to them for bringing some life back to it.

Hopefully Tapstone does well. Pete, any word on what the snag was with the Rock Island Plow Building? Is there another tenant lined up for it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    And then if they go under or move out there goes everything...
    Or grows bigger and wants the owner to build them a large place. Underestimating them may be like underestimating Aubrey.

Blog Entries

The main issue I have with Tapstone going in this space is that it is unreasonable to think they will be there long due to growth, so maybe in a couple years this is vacant office space. I'm sure it gets filled, but I suspect the housing would always be full (until we reach residential critical mass, which won't be for awhile) whereas the office space may experience periods of vacancy. I liked the idea of Tapstone going into the Journal Record building better.

Actually, I just heard today that Tapstone signed a ten year lease. If that's true, and it was a pretty reliable source, that would be hard to turn down.

Remember, the developers of this project only bought the top three floors; I confirmed this through the County Assessor site.

Gary Berlin still owns the first two but in one of Steve's articles he mentioned this group was also trying to purchase the first two floors as well.

So, the plan may be to lease them the top 3 floors then give them an option to expand to the bottom two if and when needed.

And then if they go under or move out there goes everything...
    If they go under you have a completed Class A office space in Bricktown immediately ready to lease out again.

Default Mideke Building

Well if no one will be allowed to develop the top floors of spaghetti warehouse, maybe tom will make them an offer they can't refuse. That would certainly provide a ton of additional office space. Tapstone doesn't appear to be on the same insane trajectory as AEP. If tom sticks to financing from within as he stated he would for awhile, their growth will be limited. I say that in a relative sense as they will probably grow much faster then your average E&P company, but what's going on at AEP is just short of nuts. I, like everyone else, would probably prefer both to be housing but given how great tom has done with historic properties that he hasn't torn down, it certainly wouldn't be the worst situation in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Remember, the developers of this project only bought the top three floors; I confirmed this through the County Assessor site.

Gary Berlin still owns the first two but in one of Steve's articles he mentioned this group was also trying to purchase the first two floors as well.

So, the plan may be to lease them the top 3 floors then give them an option to expand to the bottom two if and when needed.
    Not that I'm a fan of it, but would this push City Walk out of the building?

I think for the time being, nothing will change on the first two floors.

I'm not sure that Tapstone will fill even the top three at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Or grows bigger and wants the owner to build them a large place. Underestimating them may be like underestimating Aubrey.
    Come on, Tom Ward is not Aubrey, the latter who I've never underestimated.

Come on, Tom Ward is not Aubrey, the latter who I've never underestimated.
    He's not Aubrey, but he is about as close as you're going to get in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think for the time being, nothing will change on the first two floors.

I'm not sure that Tapstone will fill even the top three at this point.
    Right now they would barely fill one floor.

HangryHippo Guest

Steve pretty clearly stated in his chat this morning that reports of Tapstone going into this building are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Well that's an ingenuous way of putting it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I think Aubrey is as close as you'll get to Aubrey in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    Steve pretty clearly stated in his chat this morning that reports of Tapstone going into this building are incorrect.
    What he said is no lease is signed, which is technically true.

But they are actively working on trying to cut a deal on this space and that is why the redevelopment group decided to drop their plans for housing.

They are deep into this; it's not like this is just a rumor

The cool door on the north side of this building:

From Steve:

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/3950555?embargo=1

Tapstone Energy, a company founded in October by former SandRidge Energy CEO Tom Ward, is preparing to establish its permanent headquarters at the Mideke Building in Bricktown.

The move is expected to conclude within one year following renovations to the building, which was built in 1919 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The company’s initial occupancy will be in the top three floors, which have been empty since Mideke Supply Co. closed its operations in Bricktown more than 30 years ago.

Blog Entries

Cool, new low-rise spec office space within the year... should we start a mystery spec low-rise thread?

Glad to see this confirmed in the press, just as we first reported exactly one month ago.

Also excited to see they will be using the same architect that did the Braniff Building.

BTW, it's my understanding that the Andy Burnett group now has (or will have very shortly) control of all five floors of the Mideke.

The original plan was to buy the upper three floors for housing but when the Tapstone deal presented itself, they decided to acquire the entire building.

Pretty sure City Walk will be going away; not sure about Coco Flow.

I am excited to see more office. Bricktown has no shortage of evening foot traffic, but during the morning and day it doesn't hurt to have more. Bricktown is slowly becoming more of a mixed use district; and that is great.

Bricktown is very office heavy believe it or not.

Bricktown is very office heavy believe it or not.
    And it will be good to see that trend continue.

Thread Information