Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Walcourt

Default Re: Walcourt

So happy this building was saved...

Just fantastic results, this building is such a gem. Considering the corner it is on I've been worried for years it was going down the 'demolish by neglect' route to clear the spot for some other development, I am very pleased that did not come to pass.

What is going to be in the building when they finish?

Quote Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    What is going to be in the building when they finish?
    Small offices they are currently trying to rent.

Good to see you iMAX!

7. Default Re: Walcourt

What a relief.

Great results! Glad this building did not get the wrecking ball or destroyed by vandals/fire. I hope they can develop the empty lots as this area has such potential and so close to the medical district.

9. Default Re: Walcourt

I haven't seen much, if any, progress on this building in the past 2-3 months. Anyone know why? The lots to the north were bought by Holsey Construction, which appears to be planning on upscale residences on the 8 lots that they own.

^

I suspect they are waiting to sign some tenants.

The outside work has been pretty much completed and they probably don't want to finish out the interior until leases are signed.

The cul de sac to the north has a couple of new modern homes; I suppose they will be adding more of the same.

I hope they do upscale interiors. Always loved this building.

Nothing has happened here in several months.

No landscaping; still has temporary front door:

13. Default Re: Walcourt

Work on the Walcourt Building has resumed. It now has a permanent front door and some smaller renovations have been made. I'm assuming they have tenants but have seen no activity in that regard.

14. Default Re: Walcourt

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nothing has happened here in several months.

No landscaping; still has temporary front door:

There was a delay on the tax credits, which I believe slowed things down for longer than they anticipated. This should get moving forward quickly now.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    There was a delay on the tax credits, which I believe slowed things down for longer than they anticipated. This should get moving forward quickly now.
    Thanks for the info.

I noticed today they finally installed the front doors. Hopefully everything gets finished up soon.

16. Default Re: Walcourt

Landscaping work began last week and the sprinkler system installation looks to be almost complete. Some touch-up work has been done on the exterior of the building and all indications are that this project should be completed shortly.

These 3 homes are for sale just north of the Walcourt. All are priced near $1.3 million.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...4_M84233-97075

19. Default Re: Walcourt

That entire neighborhood is undergoing rapid transformation a la SoSA

Front facing garages in this neighborhood make me cringe

21. Default Re: Walcourt

Tenants are set to move in next month (I believe they may have one in there already). After all the headaches, this is finally at the finish line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Front facing garages in this neighborhood make me cringe
    Front facing garages in any neighborhood make me cringe.

23. Default Re: Walcourt

I live in this neighborhood and attended the open house for the home at 137 NE 14th. The realtor told that the builder is living in the home next door. This home was immaculate and the view to the south of I-235 and downtown was very cool, but $350 per square foot is a little bit of a stretch, in my humble opinion, especially with the front-facing garages and smallish backyards.

24. Default Re: Walcourt

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    These 3 homes are for sale just north of the Walcourt. All are priced near $1.3 million.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...4_M84233-97075

The two homes on the right in this photo both sold recently. The one on the end went to an investment group out of Stillwater for $1.44 million, or about $369/square foot. The one next to it was sold to a Thunder player and went for $1.15 million, or $611/square foot. I believe the square footage on that one is low, but they may not have included the enclosed 3rd floor patio in the actual size of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The two homes on the right in this photo both sold recently. The one on the end went to an investment group out of Stillwater for $1.44 million, or about $369/square foot. The one next to it was sold to a Thunder player and went for $1.15 million, or $611/square foot. I believe the square footage on that one is low, but they may not have included the enclosed 3rd floor patio in the actual size of the building.
    Derrick Favors bought the 2nd house.

Thread Information