Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Walcourt

1. Default Re: Walcourt

Wow. This just made my week.

Default Re: Walcourt

+1

Based on Steve's story, serious kudos to Patrick Arie for making this happen.

Great news! Glad to see someone with a track record willing to invest and restore the historical integrity and saving the building from the wrecking ball!

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Based on Steve's story, serious kudos to Patrick Arie for making this happen.
    No kidding. I don't know how he pulled it off, but major kudos to him.

Two new photos were added on Brent Swift Design Build's Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/brentswiftdesignbuild/

This is beyond exciting. I've been in school or worked at the Health Sciences Center as long as I've lived in OKC and every time I went by the Walcourt I was worried I would see the roof fall in or it being torn down. I cannot wait to see this restored!

I am so happy

^^^^^

So excited. I heard they may have a community outreach party after they secure the site.

I have noticed some clean up work on the property. I am excited to see this project start.

Yes, it looked like they had cut down some trees on the west side of the property when we drove by a couple of days ago.

Took these today.

You can see there has been some cleanup and there is a scaffolding up on the north side.

However, they have not even filed for their building permit yet, so I'm sure this just minor cleanup and inspection.

No pictures, but today there were 2 large roll-off dumpsters onsite, several windows have the wood removed.

Looks like the Walcourt has been sold. Daily Oklahoman reporting that Brent Swift sold it on Friday to a group led by Steve Morris.

Hope this works out. Hard to imagine anyone doing as good a job as Brent Swift.

http://newsok.com/walcourt-sells-again/article/5577681

BTW, when Brent Swift sold this to Steve Morris last December, it was a nice little flip.

Swift paid $475K in September and sold 3 months later for $850K.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    BTW, when Brent Swift sold this to Steve Morris last December, it was a nice little flip.

Swift paid $475K in September and sold 3 months later for $850K.
    I'm hopeful he leverages that money to do more downtown. I love his project on Hudson.

Since the sale, there has been no movement whatsoever: no plans filed, all work has stopped.

I see people inside from time to time but not much has happened other than some cleaning.

I can't even begin to say how disappointed I am that, after the flurry of activity 6 months ago, all forward momentum on this project seems to be ground to a halt. I was super excited to see work start on bringing this beauty back to life and then.... nothing. Any chance on getting any kind of information from Steve Morris as to what, if anything, is being planned / worked on for this building?

Nothing at all seems to be happening here and there have been no permit applications other than to change the zoning to office.

With the for lease sign out front, I fear this may have turned into a nothing-before-we-find-tenants situation.

Thread Information