Widgets Magazine

Thread: Best Bricktown Bars?

Default Best Bricktown Bars?

I will be visting Okc soon & I would like to check out bricktown. Can anyone suggest some bars there?

2. Default Re: Best Bricktown Bars?

What do you like in a bar? There are several different types in the area.

Default Re: Best Bricktown Bars?

This will sound odd to some, but which BT bars are (a) smoke free, (b) leisurely conversation paced (as contrasted to crank it up and party-hearty paced and (c) not on the must see and be seen there circuit for the below 30 crowd. I suspect the answer may be none,but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Drinkz is a suprisingly nice inside bar for late 20's and up...Normally have live bands on the weekend

Blues Live Music - Biting Sow. Dance Bar - Americas Pub. Beer selection/Drinks/Conversation/Live music - Tapwerks. Quaint original w/acoustic music - JJs Alley. Red Dirt Country - Wormy Dog Saloon. Upscale Martini w/ Live Music - Mickey Mantles #7. Lots of variety actually. go to www.bricktownokc.com to check em out.

Quote Originally Posted by Annak009 View Post
    I will be visting Okc soon & I would like to check out bricktown. Can anyone suggest some bars there?
    Where are you coming from and why Bricktwn in particular?

I need to check out the Biting Sow

The Purple Bar at Nonna's is probably what you're looking for if you don't mind paying a bit more for your drinks.

9. Default Re: Best Bricktown Bars?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    This will sound odd to some, but which BT bars are (a) smoke free, (b) leisurely conversation paced (as contrasted to crank it up and party-hearty paced and (c) not on the must see and be seen there circuit for the below 30 crowd. I suspect the answer may be none,but I wouldn't mind being wrong.
    Tapwerks. You're welcome.

I'm going to Bricktown today with my brother who's visiting from Cali. Any good suggestions for a good place to just sit for a while and have a reasonably priced glass of wine? We're not wanting a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I'm going to Bricktown today with my brother who's visiting from Cali. Any good suggestions for a good place to just sit for a while and have a reasonably priced glass of wine? We're not wanting a beer.
    Purple Bar at Nonna's as mentioned above would do that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Purple Bar at Nonna's as mentioned above would do that for ya.
    It also mentions that Nonna's is a little more expensive which isn't what I'm looking for.

Wine anywhere is going to be a bit more expensive, but I'm sure you're aware of that. If you're going by California prices, anywhere in Bricktown ought to be reasonable. If you want to show your brother the best of Bricktown, ljbab, Nonna's balcony would be worth the few extra bucks for the wine. The Mantel (not Mickey Mantle's), would also be good and perhaps a little bit more inexpensive.

Edit: My girlfriend just informed me that the Melting Pot has a good wine selection at a decent price.

It also mentions that Nonna's is a little more expensive which isn't what I'm looking for.
    You also said "reasonably priced", which can go either way. I imagine you don't want to drink some cheap wine...go to Henry Hudson's if you want to do that...

If you like wine, before you settle down to whatever bar you go to, pop into Put a Cork in it. Do alittle wine tasting. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUMom View Post
    If you like wine, before you settle down to whatever bar you go to, pop into Put a Cork in it. Do alittle wine tasting. It's fun.
    Put a Cork in It was closed when we were there today. We ended up having a glass of wine at the Bourbon Street Cafe which was fine. We weren't looking for a fine dining experience just a nice location with reasonable prices. Later in the day we stopped at Louie's in Midtown before we went to the Paseo Street Arts Festival and had wine which was better for half the price. Not complaining about that but it was just an interesting experience.

Thread Information