Widgets Magazine

Thread: Boomerang Diner

1. Northwest OKC Boomerang Diner

We have discovered the Boomerang Diner in Bethany. It is decorated in the 60's, they play oldies music, and the food is really good. The prices are reasonable and the people that work there are friendly.It is located at:

3929 N College
    Bethany, OK 73008
    405-495-9100
    I had never heard of this restaurant before, but we are regulars now.You ought to try it.

Default Re: Boomerang Diner

Hours? Open seven days, or closed on Sundays?

3. Default Re: Boomerang Diner

I've tried it and thought it was pretty good. Worth a visit if you've never been. The chicken fried steak dinner that the guy next to me had was incredibly huge and he said it was great. I had an open-faced hamburger plate that was pretty good and crazy-cheap for $4.99 with sides and a drink (it was the daily special). So, pretty good prices for above-average diner fare.

Interesting to note this is actually a a chain of restaurants that's been around a while, with locations mostly in small towns in Oklahoma and Arkansas and I think they are starting to expand to Texas. There's one in Mustang too and one coming soon to Moore. Here's their website for more info: http://www.boomarangdiner.com/locations.php

Oh, and note the spelling Boom-A-Rang - that throws me off every time.

Oh, and hours in Bethany are 7am-9pm Monday through Saturday. Breakfast served all day and they have free wifi.

Interesting. I was down in Sapulpa for rehearsals down at their community theatre, and ate there a couple times. Never would've known it was a chain!

How do these places remain by-and-large undiscovered?

6. Default Re: Boomerang Diner

Is it 'diner' style? Art decoish?

Blanchard has one too. Had a pretty good bowl of stew there one cold day last winter. The style is sort of dinerish. They try to make it like a real diner and they do capture the feel. The trappings are new but made to look old.
    Last edited by Tritone; 05-21-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Minor flaws.

The location in Moore is close to where I live, I pass by it daily. I hope they have a better run there than past occupants. Looks like they're doing quite a bit to update it though so that definitely works in their favor. It's gonna be pretty small inside though, since it's the old Taco Tico location (most recently a BBQ place, and before that various breakfast type places that never lasted a year).

Tried them for the first time, will never return. Got a patty melt, the patty was so thin, I don't see how they could even cook it, well they cooked it and it was soo burnt and crispy and the bread was burnt black. I got my meal to-go, got home, took 2 bites and threw it away. It was awful!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
    Tried them for the first time, will never return. Got a patty melt, the patty was so thin, I don't see how they could even cook it, well they cooked it and it was soo burnt and crispy and the bread was burnt black. I got my meal to-go, got home, took 2 bites and threw it away. It was awful!!!!
    Did you call them about it?

11. Default Re: Boomerang Diner

I have to admit this isn't the best place I have ever eaten, but not the worst either. If you ever have a complaint about the food, tell them. Most places want to make it right so that you'll come back.

I think there's one in Moore too and mustang also

There's one in Purcell that we've gone to for about a year or so. They have a $9.99 two burger/fries/drink special that's a pretty good deal. The chicken fried steak isn't too bad either.

Spolied coffee creamer and barley cooked bacon and raw hashbrowns , not the great start of a day I thought it would be!!!!

We have one in McLoud and Choctaw, it's not amazing or even honestly great by any means but it's a solid dirt cheap meal for when you don't want to cook at home.

Is this the same Boomerang chain from a few years ago that used to have a location near I-40 & Meridian and one on north May somewhere around Britton or Hefner?

I think that's boomerang (or boomarang) and this is boom-a-rang so they're different

How about the location with the Boomerang sign that used to be over there just north of Hefner and Penn . . .
    That is now another non-home-cooking spot?
    Is the New! Improved!! [Boomerang] going to present the same quality food as that one?

Or is it "Authentically Aussie"?
    (no "Fos-tah's" (Canadian) on the beverage list, all digeridoo all the time) =)

(translation note: I, personally, enjoyed and appreciated what the Boomerang? Grille? put on the plate. I was sorry to see them go away. Didn't they make room for Inca Trail? or was that another brick and mortar food truck?)

The Flaming MBAs at SonicCorp have rejected an AuthenticOkieVersion of "The Cheese/Tuna Frenchee" for years.
    Perhaps The Great Minds behind The Boomerang That DID Comeback might consider Googlin' for The Recipe . . . =)

You know . . . Like for those times when you don't feel like "Cookin'" and "Cleanin' Up" at home . . .

(obscure reference visual aid)

Thread Information