Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ingrid's Kitchen

Default Favorites at Ingrid's

Got into a discussion with some OKC expatriates about baked goods and pastries over the holidays and the talk turned to favorite items at Ingrid's. It's been quite a while since I've been there, but I recall the Raspberry Cream Puff as being excellent.

Anyone else have any special favorites from Ingrid's?

Default Re: Favorites at Ingrid's

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Got into a discussion with some OKC expatriates about baked goods and pastries over the holidays and the talk turned to favorite items at Ingrid's. It's been quite a while since I've been there, but I recall the Raspberry Cream Puff as being excellent.

Anyone else have any special favorites from Ingrid's?
    Prune Picker's bass playing on week ends.

3. Default Re: Favorites at Ingrid's

it's hard to find something that isn't good at Ingrid's! Their Sunday brunch is to die for, with the exception that it is over priced by about $5. They have good lunch specials too. I also love their thumb print fudge cookies YUM!

Brats, sauerkraut, red cabbage, german potato salad, cream horns, eclairs, italian cream cake, cinnamon rolls....where to stop?

I love the almond martizpan cookies. Yum yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    it's hard to find something that isn't good at Ingrid's! Their Sunday brunch is to die for, with the exception that it is over priced by about $5. They have good lunch specials too. I also love their thumb print fudge cookies YUM!
    Agree with all of that. The fudge brownies are tough not to get when staring at them while waiting to order.

Jenn, I sure like your avatar.

8. Default Re: Favorites at Ingrid's

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    Jenn, I sure like your avatar.
    aww thanks! That is Mollie our newest "baby". She is an Old English Sheepdog and that was taken when she was about a couple months old, she is now about 5 months old and easily three times (if not more) that size lol!

9. Default Re: Favorites at Ingrid's

ingrids? what is NOT to like?

sunday buffet (perfectly priced for the food quality IMHO) i always stock up on the Eggs Benedict and Pan-Fried (buttermilk soaked?) Chicken and Sausage and Kraut and Perfect Bacon. if i have room (rarely) then i get some Bread Pudding with the Bourbon Butter Sauce. love it!

where is Ingrid's located?

Quote Originally Posted by soonergal View Post
    where is Ingrid's located?
    36th and villa.....to be more specific NW 36th and Villa....right in between Penn and May....you should give the place a shot....great food, great service and now a wine and beer bar....big, big fan of the place.....Diners, drive-ins and dives filmed there but it has yet to air....you will not be disappointed.

The Napoleons and the divinity cookies are really good for a sweet tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    36th and villa.....to be more specific NW 36th and Villa....right in between Penn and May....you should give the place a shot....great food, great service and now a wine and beer bar....big, big fan of the place.....Diners, drive-ins and dives filmed there but it has yet to air....you will not be disappointed.
    I think you mean 36th and youngs

Coming from a German family, I honestly didn't care for their food, but their bakery is wonderful. I am a fan of the thumbprint cookies also!

Drove by Ingrid's tonight on my way home from the Thunder game. They are having a watch party on Monday night for their appearance on Diners Drive-ins and Dives.

Has it aired? Will you remind us to watch it?

I am assuming it will air Monday at 8 for the first time since they are having a watch party then. Consider this your reminder since I will probably forget about it on Monday since I may be at work still now that busy season is in full swing. (Why did I go into public accounting?)

I'm a fan of their hamantaschen.

The cookies!!!!

Default New chef at Ingrid's

I just found out that Ingrid's has a new chef. He is Michael and he used to be at the Keller in the Castle. I can tell you having a German Mother and a fondness of the cuisine I had to try his talents at Ingrid's. I had the rolanden, red cabbage and dumplings along with a fluffy and light roll. It was delicious. My guest who is not all that familiar with German food also enjoyed the meal as well. I asked him about some of the menu items from the Keller and he said he could possibility add them in due time. Ingrid's is known for being a bakery and deli and has now expanded to restaurant that serves authentic and delicious German dishes.

Default Re: New chef at Ingrid's

Thanks for the info. Need to get back there soon.

Northwest OKC Ingrid's Kitchen

Is Ingrid's still open?
    Someone told me that it burned down and they had no plans of rebuilding.

I have no clue if this is true or just a rumor, and I apologize if this has been covered.

thanks

Default Re: Ingrid's Kitchen

It was there yesterday.

i was there on friday .. great as always

Thank you!
    I had a feeling he was confusing it with another place.

Thread Information