Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV show you MUST see

Default TV show you MUST see

Is there any TV show on that you can't live without or refuse to miss? I kind of got stuck watching Survivor again...

Default Re: TV show you MUST see

I love Pawn Stars on the History Channel. I enjoy the interesting stuff people bring into the store and the personalities of Rick, Corey. Chumley, and the Old Man. I would like for them to do an episode showing how they sold some of the stuff they buy on the show. Of course, we would probably find out how much more the sellers would have got it they sold the items elsewhere. I do not like the other pawn shop show from Detroit. The owner is creepy looking.

Bigray in Ok

Out of the Wild Venezuela on the Discovery Channel was an amazing show! I'd watch it over and over again! Anyone else see this particular show?

Thunder games are my only "must see" tv. I have other regular shows, but it doesn't upset me if I miss an episode or so.

5. Default Re: TV show you MUST see

Our must DVR are;
    Modern Family
    The Office (though it is going downhill fast)
    Amazing Race
    American Idol
    The Voice

Though I wouldn't classify any TV show as "I can't live without." but we have very little time for TV so I like to watch our preference when we do.

We're definitely TV junkies:

Pawn Stars!!! Love 'em!
    American Pickers
    All three CSIs
    Both NCIS
    Criminal Minds
    Chuck
    Nikita
    Glee
    Chase
    Chopped
    House Hunters nat'l & internat'l
    Renovation Rookies
    Survivor
    Wipeout
    American Idol
    Ice Road Truckers [if they will be on again]

We DVR many of these and watch at our convenience.

Big Bang Theory(one of the most clever and undersold comedies on the air)
    SGU(now canceled) : (
    Parks and Rec
    30Rock
    The Office
    And I'm looking forward to Falling Skies

If you have NetFlix and haven't seen the entirety of the 2004 Battlestar reboot I highly recommend it, though it is off air now.

Quote Originally Posted by HewenttoJared View Post
    Big Bang Theory(one of the most clever and undersold comedies on the air)
    SGU(now canceled) : (
    Parks and Rec
    30Rock
    The Office
    And I'm looking forward to Falling Skies

If you have NetFlix and haven't seen the entirety of the 2004 Battlestar reboot I highly recommend it, though it is off air now.
    They will probably replace SGU with another wrestling show. That seems to be the path that SciFi, sorry SyFy channel has been on. Now they have a new BSG prequel coming out that takes place during the first Cylon war. Not sure were they can go with that story wise, but I'm sure the space battle lovers will enjoy it.

On My DVR:

Millionaire
    Real Time with Bill Maher
    Celebrity Apprentice
    Roseanne
    TPIR
    The Biggest Loser
    Ghost Hunters

And when Lost was on, I never missed one single episode. That was my favorite TV show.

Lord Helmet Guest

My DVR:

Big Bang Theory (my current favorite!)
    30 Rock
    Modern Family
    Community
    Fringe
    Pawn Stars
    American Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    They will probably replace SGU with another wrestling show. That seems to be the path that SciFi, sorry SyFy channel has been on. Now they have a new BSG prequel coming out that takes place during the first Cylon war. Not sure were they can go with that story wise, but I'm sure the space battle lovers will enjoy it.
    True about the wrasslin', sadly. I did not know about the prequel, Ron Moore on board?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    My DVR:

Big Bang Theory (my current favorite!)
    30 Rock
    Modern Family
    Community
    Fringe
    Pawn Stars
    American Restoration
    Is Fringe worth seeing? It looks like an X-Files knockoff...

The season ended this past Friday. I never watched X-Files, but Fringe is definitely on my DVR, as is anything by JJ Abrams. (Bad Robot!!) Also a big favorite are a lot of the AMC original series:

Mad Men (hiatus until 2012)
    Breaking Bad (new season starts in July! Yay!)
    The Killing (in the middle of its inaugural season now)
    Rubicon (sadly, it looks like this may have been a one season wonder last year. Hopefully out on DVD soon. A very smart show.)

Also looking forward to the series finale of Rescue Me later this year. Dennis Leary planned on ending it on the 10th anniversary of 9-11; it'll be interesting to see what they do now, post Bin Laden.

From BBCA, Top Gear UK!!! Love this show, the US version was painfully lame!

True about the wrasslin', sadly. I did not know about the prequel, Ron Moore on board?
    No, not officially.

Abrams does Fringe? O.o
    Apparently I've been living under a rock...

Pawn Stars,American Pickers,Storage Wars,Man V. Food,A. Bourdain No Reservations,Food Wars,American Chopper(New and Old),Deadliest catch,Ice Road Truckers,How The States got there shapes,American Restoration,Big Bang Theory,How I met your Mother,And of course OKC Thunder games!

Lost was my top show by far

With two kids under three my tv watching has dwindled significantly

I guess my must see shows now are True Blood and Always Sunny in Philadelphia

18. Default Re: TV show you MUST see

Thunder games are tops right now. Watch a lot of ESPN year 'round. As far as network shows, we are really enjoying the new Hawai'i Five-0 this season...strong stories, a bit of comedy thrown in and...well...Hawai'i ain't too tough to look at.
    From the early 2000s, another great action/drama was Alias...it was J.J. Abrams show before he moved on to Lost...once he did that Alias got...lost. The first 2 or three seasons of Alias are great...it got weak for the last few seasons. You can rent it on Netflix...it's a pretty fun ride...good stories, exotic locales around the world...Jennifer Garner plays a type of James Bond character. We loved it.

I never miss "Keeping Up Appearances" on PBS. I've probably seen every episode at least 20 times and keep going back for more, LOL. There are no major network shows I watch except the news occasionally.

Of course, you didn't ask during football season. That would be a completely different answer.

20. Default Re: TV show you MUST see

I love the reality shows, but I lose interest when evidence starts to point to them being faked. I was that way with Pawn Stars. It was pretty entertaining, but too much doesn't doesn't jive with reality.

Lord Helmet Guest

Well, I was (am!) a huge X-files fan...and you can tell that the X-Files was an inspiration for the series. However, by season 3 the characters are really developed and the story has really hit it's groove. If you liked X-Files then I think you'll like Fringe.

There have been times that Fringe has made me miss the X-Files.

OMG! They killed Mike Franks!
    You [bleeped]s!

If they'd just let Abby take those lil' grade schoolers bowling with the nuns every so often, life would be sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I love the reality shows, but I lose interest when evidence starts to point to them being faked. I was that way with Pawn Stars. It was pretty entertaining, but too much doesn't doesn't jive with reality.
    I hear ya! Someone brought in a Houdini straight-jacket the other day for which they wanted $100,000. Really? Who brings that kind of stuff to a pawn shop? Sorry...you lost me right there.

Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's one of the only shows out there that actually makes me laugh out loud. I cant wait for season 8.

25. Default Re: TV show you MUST see

I loved Rubicon and was sorry to hear it had been cancelled. I love good drama. It was a breath of fresh air for me from American TV as so much of the good stuff in the drama department comes by way of Great Britain. (Interestingly, the one and only season of Rubicon is now being shown on British television.) With that said, I like Blue Bloods on CBS. I'm drawn to good classic TV as well. I'll take a solid episode from the old Perry Mason series over most current TV in a heartbeat.

Thread Information