Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Tucker's

1. Default Re: Tucker's

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    ^^ Just to be clear. it was a person, not people.
    Actually quite a few called in.

"Gomez isn’t alone. Susan Connors, director of planning and development for the city of Norman, said her office has been called several times about the sign, but since the sign is inside, there are no city ordinances that pertain to it.

“You can see it when you’re driving down the street, if you look at the right time,” Connors said. “It’s part of their branding. We don’t have any city ordinances related to interior signage; it’s not a city issue. We’ve been getting plenty of calls about it, and if people have an issue with the sign, the best thing to do is contact the business."

http://www.normantranscript.com/news...f0933eef4.html

Knowing my hometown of Edmond I bet the same thing will happen.

Default Re: Tucker's

That makes me embarrassed. How long ago was GWtW released? I mean c'mon now, damn is not even one of the famous "7 words".

3. Default Re: Tucker's

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    That makes me embarrassed. How long ago was GWtW released? I mean c'mon now, damn is not even one of the famous "7 words".
    I feel like it is something straight out of a Parks and Rec community meeting honestly. Luckily I don't imagine either city council kicking out a restaurant for an inside sign.

With all the new places, I had not been to Tucker's in a while and I forgot how fantastic it is.

The burgers are just great and their fries are among my favorites in town.

I really want to try their shakes (they get raves) but I have to have fries and with one of those burgers it's already way too much food, although I always finish everything.

Now that Lip Smackers in no longer within walking distance I'll be hitting Tuckers more often, which I actually like a bit better anyway.

5. Default Re: Tucker's

Plus they have the Impossible Burger! Great addition to their menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    With all the new places, I had not been to Tucker's in a while and I forgot how fantastic it is.

I really want to try their shakes (they get raves) but I have to have fries and with one of those burgers it's already way too much food, although I always finish everything.

Now that Lip Smackers in no longer within walking distance I'll be hitting Tuckers more often, which I actually like a bit better anyway.
    So much so this! It is superior to Hopdoddy in almost every way.

Blog Entries

Tuckers is great and is on our regular burger list. With that said, we recently had a poor experience at their N. May location. Shake was pretty much chocolate milk and the burger was pressed super thin on on end and oblong on the other....hard to explain but not their normal great product. I am sure it was just an off night but my wife professed from now on it we'd frequent Classen Curve or 23rd street .

8. Default Re: Tucker's

Being keto I like that they lettuce wrap the burger if you ask for it bunless.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Tuckers is great and is on our regular burger list. With that said, we recently had a poor experience at their N. May location. Shake was pretty much chocolate milk and the burger was pressed super thin on on end and oblong on the other....hard to explain but not their normal great product. I am sure it was just an off night but my wife professed from now on it we'd frequent Classen Curve or 23rd street .
    I've been to the N. May location four times and only one was a good experience, which is unfortunate because the one good burger I got there was one of the best I've ever had.

What is up with normally good chains opening in the Quail Springs area, only to suck? We've experienced this with numerous restaurants and the Ted's on 150th is a travesty, so we are back to driving a much farther distance to the Danforth location.

We usually get the Kids Turkey Burger with cheese since the meal comes with a bit of fries as well. The burger and fries are just enough to get full but there's always room to tack on a shake too. By the way, this month's features shake is Cookies & Cream and is fantastic.

^

That's a great tip. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Plus they have the Impossible Burger! Great addition to their menu.
    So much this! For some reason we'd never tried it. Randomly postmated it the other day and WOW! Fresh grilled jalapenos too. Just delicious, even postmated. Will have to actually stop in one day and try it fresh.

Getting a drive-thru at the Uptown location.

None of the other sites lend themselves to a drive-thru but any future locations will include one.

Their lack of a drive thru has actually led us to not stopping by on some occasions. As parents of a 1 yr old, it is sometimes best to have a drive thru. Though with so many places doing curbside it has been nice, but I know that practice will go away with the pandemic for most places.

15. Default Re: Tucker's

Every so often I get it to go. A drive thru would make it more accessible to me though!

16. Default Re: Tucker's

i love that picture. Who said OKC isn't green or doesn't have trees?

As for the drive through, I like it (designed nicely) but also do hope restaurants can continue to do curbside pickup after the pandemic. It only makes sense and doesn't cost anything yet you open (well now, keep) a new market since people can come and go even faster with curbside rather than find parking, go inside/wait, then leave which turns off many if there's also no drive through (including me).

There are many lessons we can learn from this pandemic, I hope we do adopt many practices on-going (mask when sick is a perf example).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Getting a drive-thru at the Uptown location.
    This is not good for my waistline.

Does anyone else think that Tucker's has taken a slight step back? Pallets change over time so it may just be my "tastes" - It's still a good burger and a better choice than any fast food option for nearly the same price. I don't know if there was a change in their beef purveyor or if they made a slight adjustment to the recipe, but it seems like it went from being a commanding 2nd place behind Nic's in the OKC burger scene to competitive for 2nd place.

I still get Tucker's once in a while from different locations and its always been pretty consistent for me. I'm not into ranking, but Tucker's is definitely one of my favorites.

What do you think is now in competition with Tucker's for 2nd?

20. Default Re: Tucker's

We get it once every couple weeks, and it's just as good as ever. Tucker's and New State are my two favorites in OKC, I've always thought Nic's was a little overhyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I still get Tucker's once in a while from different locations and its always been pretty consistent for me. I'm not into ranking, but Tucker's is definitely one of my favorites.

What do you think is now in competition with Tucker's for 2nd?
    S&B if they're on their Brioche buns has recently moved up my ranking (S&B regular bun is still not good). I don't think I'd take Garage over Tucker's, but I think it's closer.

I think what I'm wanting out of Tuckers is a patty that is about 15% thicker than I've been getting lately, with about 5% more salt or, even better, 5% more fat in the patty, and seared at a slightly higher temp for more crisp onions.

Like I said - it may well be my palette has evolved over the last year. I definitely intend to continue eating Tucker's (we do at least twice a month) and I think it's fairly priced for what it is and a great local establishment - but every bite I'm

Thought they were going to open one in Edmond? Are those plans shelved for now?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Thought they were going to open one in Edmond? Are those plans shelved for now?
    I don't remember seeing that.

Do you know where exactly?

Seems like it was around 5th and Broadway, Don't remember exactly where I saw it but thought it was this thread, Might be imagining things.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Seems like it was around 5th and Broadway, Don't remember exactly where I saw it but thought it was this thread, Might be imagining things.
    I just asked Keith Paul... He said the Edmond paper got ahead of themselves and that there was never a firm plan for that site.

Thread Information