Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker's

1. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

It's been almost a week and I'm having cravings for this burger. Almost along the lines of Cajun King cravings. My students keep asking if we can go back.
    Still corrupting young minds

2. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Has anyone had the grilled onion turkey burger yet?

3. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Anyone have any opinion on what's going with the Urban Spoon rating for Tucker's? Right now it is a 65% with 96 people voting and no negative written reviews.

I'm not exactly sure how it works - does everyone start of 100% or 0% and then the ratings effect the new score? Either way, it appears some hijenks are going on. Maybe its just me, but I'm wondering if some other businesses (in or outside the immediate area) are not hijacking the votes to reflect an unrealistic negative score. Thoughts?

4. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Has anyone had the grilled onion turkey burger yet?
    One of my students was more than happy with his turkey burger.I can ask and give you specifics tomorrow, if you would like.
    Still corrupting young minds

Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Anyone have any opinion on what's going with the Urban Spoon rating for Tucker's? Right now it is a 65% with 96 people voting and no negative written reviews.

I'm not exactly sure how it works - does everyone start of 100% or 0% and then the ratings effect the new score? Either way, it appears so hijenks are going on. Maybe its just me, but I'm wondering if some other businesses (in or outside the immediate area) are not hijacking the votes to reflect an unrealistic negative score. Thoughts?
    It has gone up if it is at 65%. The day of Tuckers opening (last Fri) it was around lunchtime and I looked at Urbanspoon. The review was at 42% with about 50 votes, but no negative reviews. I think there are some restaurants that are feeling the heat from the new competition.

Really how can it be half way through the opening day with 50 votes and more than half of those are giving Tucker's a don't like vote?

6. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Brian, I suspect you're right. I even have some surprising suspects. But I'm not going to name names. I'm only going to say that I never cease to be surprised at how insecure some folks can get.

I'm not exactly sure how it works - does everyone start of 100% or 0% and then the ratings effect the new score? Either way, it appears so hijenks are going on. Maybe its just me, but I'm wondering if some other businesses (in or outside the immediate area) are not hijacking the votes to reflect an unrealistic negative score. Thoughts?
    Yes, hijacking occurs. Tuckers was at 57% one week before any soft opening event. How does this happen? I'm not a fan of UrbanSpoon for the record.

8. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

I'd say the hijack is pretty obvious considering the written reviews are 100 percent positive. Tuck, I'm thinking of what we talked about, what I saw online... I really hope it's not who I fear it might be.... I'm hoping this is all from someone much lower in the food chain, per se.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Yes, hijacking occurs. Tuckers was at 57% one week before any soft opening event. How does this happen? I'm not a fan of UrbanSpoon for the record.
    I'm not a fan of any of those "review" type websites. Anyone can post anything there with no accountability. All results are suspect in my mind.

10. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

New website went live today. Looks good! http://www.tuckersonionburgers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'd say the hijack is pretty obvious considering the written reviews are 100 percent positive. Tuck, I'm thinking of what we talked about, what I saw online... I really hope it's not who I fear it might be.... I'm hoping this is all from someone much lower in the food chain, per se.
    I think your fears are correct; I'd bet you a vanilla shake! I just don't get it! #insecure

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    I think your fears are correct; I'd bet you a vanilla shake! I just don't get it! #insecure
    Went Satruday afternoon with the whole family (wife, three kids, and father-in-law) with high expectations and everything met or exceeded them. Great food, fries were great, strawberry milkshake was awesome. Will definitely be going back and have already been recommending it. Great job tuck!

13. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Today's social media moment now has me convinced of what I suspected yesterday. Gotta love it!

Saw you there today Steve. The negative ratings on urbanspoon really don't seem to be effecting business. And I'll echo what everyone else on here is saying...everything was awesome!! And the service was WAY beyond what I expected for a recently opened business! Way to go Tuck and everyone involved at Tuckers!!

I haven't been there yet (only b/c I live out of state), but i went ahead and gave a positive vote just too oppose the hijacking. How lame can some people be? I encourage everyone else to give them a positive vote just so unsuspecting people don't read the low percentage and miss out on the quality that Good Egg always provides. Here's the link: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/16105...-Oklahoma-City

Eh, I was unimpressed.

17. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBeerMan View Post
    Saw you there today Steve. The negative ratings on urbanspoon really don't seem to be effecting business. And I'll echo what everyone else on here is saying...everything was awesome!! And the service was WAY beyond what I expected for a recently opened business! Way to go Tuck and everyone involved at Tuckers!!
    Yeah, I was looking forward to getting the turkey onion burger. Had to divert meeting to Kaiser's, where I enjoyed a wonderful bison burger.

Great atmosphere and design elements. Speedy, friendly service. Great marketing.

As for the food: the burger was above average. As an "onion burger," it's definitely a different take from the El Reno standard (and not as good). Still, it was tasty.

The fries left a lot to be desired, however. I actually like the version from RePUBlic better. Still, I'm surprised Good Egg hasn't figured out a way to kill with french fries, yet, but they haven't.

In the end: another burger place, albeit one with hip urban design (unpretentiously) and great service.

Seriously? I adore the fries at Tuckers. I don't usually eat fries, and I found myself sneaking my husbands'. They are so non-greasy and tasty. This will end up being like the cupcake and pizza discussions. Lots of variation in taste.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Seriously? I adore the fries at Tuckers. I don't usually eat fries, and I found myself sneaking my husbands'. They are so non-greasy and tasty. This will end up being like the cupcake and pizza discussions. Lots of variation in taste.
    Non-greasy? say wha? Wow. My hands were coated in grease. I've had better fries at the bowling alley (and a little grease is OK).

21. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Non-greasy? say wha? Wow. My hands were coated in grease. I've had better fries at the bowling alley (and a little grease is OK).
    You must have gotten a "hurry up" batch. The wife and I purposely avoid fries unless we are trying a new place. We actually liked ours (shared one order) because they had no grease at all on them and were thin and crunchy.

I am really enjoying everyone's comments here on Tucker's. Today, we have been open for exactly 1 week; still a ton of work to do. The kitchen staff is still trying to find their groove. During the first few days, we concentrated 100% on food quality and let wait-times fall where they may. As we have picked up the pace, wait-times in line have almost been cut in half; however, sometimes the kitchen gets a little ahead of themselves....this sometimes chips at our expected quality expectations.

As we all get better; our expectations will be to always serve you the very best product we can. All food hot, fries crispy, 95% free of grease and salted, cheese perfectly melted, onions crispy on the edges, shakes thick and creamy, etc...

Keep the comments coming. Thanks for the support!

You must have gotten a "hurry up" batch. The wife and I purposely avoid fries unless we are trying a new place. We actually liked ours (shared one order) because they had no grease at all on them and were thin and crunchy.

I agree, I liked the fries a lot.... all in all I give Tuckers an A

My fries were excellent and yes, very little grease, perfectly cut, seasoned and fried crisp, just right for my taste.

Also does anyone know if Tucker's accepts the "Keep It Local" card?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    My fries were excellent and yes, very little grease, perfectly cut, seasoned and fried crisp, just right for my taste.

Also does anyone know if Tucker's accepts the "Keep It Local" card?
    Yes...we accept Keep It Local!

Thread Information