Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker's

1. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Say what they want, definitely looks heavily influenced by Steuben's and not by a broader "vintage/ads & vintage autos" (of the era). The general public won't care, but its a no-no.

2. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Quote Originally Posted by wschnitt View Post
    I did not mean to be overly critical of your analysis.
    I didn't take it that way. Mistakes should be corrected, that's just he way it should be.

3. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Good review, Doug!

Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    I didn't take it that way. Mistakes should be corrected, that's just he way it should be.
    Mistakes should be corrected; that's just the way it should be.

Thank you for your post on Tucker's!! Having all that info makes me more motivated to try it out!

Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

I had lunch there today. It was delicious. Although I definitely liked the burgers, the fries were the most outstanding part of the meal. I had a vanilla shake too and it was very good as well.

What are the prices like? There isnt a menu online yet

7. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Went there tonight. Got there about 6pm and there was parking, no line and empty tables outside. Reminds me of Big Truck before word spread and they became very popular.

The wife and I split the Mother Tucker, fries and a strawberry limeade. The place is nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. Prices were good too. Keith (aka, Tuck) came over and said 'hi.'

The burger (we got it loaded with ketchup and mayo) was very tasty and hot. The fries were my wife's favorite as she likes those thin cut ones and loved the salt. I'm not a limeade guy, but found it to be very good.

Here's a pic...... yeah, it was messy, but that's a plus in our book when you're going for a good onion burger.

We will definitely be back and I plan to take my lunch group of friends next week.

Nic's has always been my favorite onion burger in town and this is as good or even better (without the wait, get to sit outside and you don't smell like a diner when you leave).

8. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    an interesting article on the logo:
    http://www.theokcegotist.com/news/lo...rs-vs-steubens
    Is it pretty close? Sure.

But at the end of the day, all design is derivative and synthesis.

9. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Eh, I've seen worse. On a separate and yet related note I was very amused when owners of a nearby restaurant (folks I love, whose business I love), posted a special on their social media as Tucker's started its soft opening and was generating good buzz. That special? One I've never seen the restaurant offer before? A souped up onion burger.
    It's business guys. It's the nature of the beast.

How many does it seat inside? I know it didnt look very large from the road driving by. I dont mind the outdoor experience, but oklahoma isnt a great place to be for outdoor dining about 10 months of the year. Is it bigger than Nics on the inside?

11. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog1 View Post
    How many does it seat inside? I know it didnt look very large from the road driving by. I dont mind the outdoor experience, but oklahoma isnt a great place to be for outdoor dining about 10 months of the year. Is it bigger than Nics on the inside?
    I didn't take a table/seat count inside but its much larger than Nic's (but so is my living room).

12. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Do they use the same meat in the burgers as they do at RePUBLic? They are so delicious there.

13. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Do they use the same meat in the burgers as they do at RePUBLic?
    Yes, I believe they do.

14. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

I mentioned to Tuck that I wish all the Good Egg restaurants would all carry the ice cream ball as their signature dessert. Its our favorite!

15. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

We ate at Tucker's tonight for the first time.We got the double burgers, mine with cheese,onions ,lettuce,tomato, ketchup, and mustard. It was a delicious burger just messy to eat. I got a fork and did just fine. We got one order of fries to split and had plenty.They actually have good iced tea. The meat is high quality and the tomatoes tasted like tomatoes. It was a great experience and we will go back.

Had Tuckers over the weekend. My thoughts are that it was a good burger but needed more onions for my onion burger tastes. I also prefer the bun to be put on the grill a little bit before the burger is done so it can be warm, they do not do it here though. Fries were solid but wish the order was a bit bigger. They are much like Republics fries just slightly bigger in size. The highlight was the chocolate shake. It was very good but at $4 it probably should be. As for the building, they did a great job with the build out, clean and open design. Seats much more that youd think.

Overall its a good burger joint and Im sure will be a great success. However, being somewhat of a onion burger expert I wasnt blown away by their burger.

17. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    They actually have good iced tea.
    Agree wholeheartedly with this. Great tea.

Went there on Saturday at around 1:00 o'clock. Was fabulous. Line was around the restaurant and to the back door, as was to be expected, and there was about a 15 minute wait for my food once I ordered, but I knew what I was getting into on opening weekend, so no complaints on my part.

I ordered the single onion cheeseburger, plain, an order of fries (huge), and got the Round Barn Root Beer.

My favorite part about the burger was the bun. Reminds me of a Hawaiian role in there is a sweetness to it. My burger was a bit on the dry side, but again, I went when the place was door-to-door people, so I'm not going to complain too much about opening weekend bugaboos.

Fries were tasty (I also prefer thin-cut fries), and I enjoyed the sea salt.

I figured I'd already had plenty of calories for that trip (couldn't eat what I ordered), so didn't try the shake. Have heard great things, though, so may give one a try another day.

Overall, a very positive experience. Place has a nice atmosphere, great vibe and I'm sure will be a fabulous success. Great addition to the 23rd Street corridor.

Sounds like great reviews... I'll have to give them a try.

Guess there's no time like the present so I went there for lunch today and got the single with cheese and fries. Everything was great except for the long line but it was worth it in the end. Good food and a very friendly staff.

Food was solid, B+

Service/staff: exceptional, A++

Side note: the double exit arrows someone posted are not a mistake after all. We can't see it in the posted pics, but there is still an entrance from the side street (towards the back of the building).

Side note #2: I didn't really notice it at first but there is a bit of a size difference in the road sign from the renderings and what they ended up with (see below). The manager told me there was a communication error when they had the street sign made and it came out about half the size they intended (not in scale to the pole it is on at all). I didn't even notice the road sign when I pulled in.

Originally posted by:
    Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    Click to Enlarge.

Larry, nderings are just that, they don't always come out exactly, look at Legacy Arts. At least Tucks was 97% spot on.

Put me down as another satisfied customer. The burgers and fries were really great. Not much to say that hasn't already been said, really.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Larry, nderings are just that, they don't always come out exactly, look at Legacy Arts. At least Tucks was 97% spot on.
    As I said, it was supposed to be like the renderings, but do to some sort of communication snafu with the sign company, it was manufactured much smaller than intended. Not sure what you are taling about with Legacy Arts, unless it was one of those bait-n-switch renderings to get approved and then intentionally build something else (which didn' happen here). Why do you seem to take every one of my posts as a criticism? It was an observation. I gave them a solid grade on food and service the only drawbacks for me was distance to get there and value for the money. I will go there from time to time when I am in the area and in the mood for a burger and have extra money burning a whole in my pocket. The challenge I forsee is I have to drive right past BTT and Mutt's to get there. I almost didn't make it to Tucker's because of that, but I was in a mood for a good burger. Haven't been to BTT yet, but I did try Mutts latter the same day and gave them the same marks for Food, Service & VFM. Fortunately their sign is appropriate. I give Mutts the edge there (I like the retro design of both, ucker's is just to samll). Also both places have decent heavy plastic "free" logo cups that come with the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Had Tuckers over the weekend. My thoughts are that it was a good burger but needed more onions for my onion burger tastes. I also prefer the bun to be put on the grill a little bit before the burger is done so it can be warm, they do not do it here though. Fries were solid but wish the order was a bit bigger. They are much like Republics fries just slightly bigger in size. The highlight was the chocolate shake. It was very good but at $4 it probably should be. As for the building, they did a great job with the build out, clean and open design. Seats much more that youd think.

Overall its a good burger joint and Im sure will be a great success. However, being somewhat of a onion burger expert I wasnt blown away by their burger.
    They don't heat the buns? WTF? Why?

The sign does look rather diminutive in scale.

Thread Information