Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker's

Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Forum is only letting me upload 2 of them..lets try this with photobucket...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    And just today, a building permit was issued for 324 NW 23rd.

Truly, sometimes this site amazes me. Although some like to dwell on un-founded rumors, the truth is that more often than not posters notice something or hear through sources long before much of anything becomes public. And then when there is slightest movement (permits, designs, etc.) we are all over it.

I should keep track of all the things we break here first. It's getting to be a very long list. And in fact, there are fewer and fewer developments that we don't talk about long before there is official press.
    Yes. This is what drives traditional media organizations nuts. They cannot really compete with this.

Multiple Locations Tucker's

A Good Egg cooks up onion burger eatery
    By Brianna Bailey
    Journal Record
    Oklahoma City reporter - Contact 405-278-2847
    Posted: 04:53 PM Monday, April 25, 2011

OKLAHOMA CITY – A Good Egg Dining Group has plans to roll out its first quick-service restaurant with a pared-down menu that will feature traditional Oklahoma-style onion burgers.

The local restaurant group has plans to overhaul an old gas station building near NW 23rd Street and N. Hudson Avenue for the project, called Tucker’s Onion Burgers.

The building was most recently Palmas Pizza & Deli Market, but has been vacant for the past few years.

A Good Egg acquired the property at 324 NW 23rd St. about 18 months ago. The new burger joint will be situated just across the street from the restaurant group’s Cheever’s Catering & Events business, at 401 NW 23rd St.

Tucker’s will have only three things on the menu – onion burgers, hand-cut fries and milkshakes. The average ticket price at the new restaurant will be about $10, said Keith Paul, president and co-founder of A Good Egg.

With the economy still in recovery mode, people are looking to spend less when they eat out, Paul said. The burger also seems to have undergone resurgence in popularity over the past few years, he said.

“We’ve always been interested in a burger concept and several burger concepts are opening in every state,” Paul said. “What better time or place than Oklahoma, where they have a signature burger like onion burgers? The $10 price point is going to be attractive to a lot of people, as well.”

A Good Egg’s other restaurants include Iron Starr Urban Barbecue, Red Prime Steak and Republic Gastropub.

The restaurant group hopes to open Tucker’s in August.

Architect Sam Gresham has been tapped to renovate the old building into the new burger restaurant. Gresham could not immediately be reached for comment on Monday.

Grandad's

4. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

What, no cokes? Surely not.

But I can surely get a great onion burger, daily fresh-cut potato fries, and a coke, at Barry's Grill at 3124 North May for less than $10, plus a much larger menu (many burger varieties, deep fried catfish, chicken fried steak). If you've not been there, I highly recommend it, if you enjoy this type of food.

A great onion burger, fries, and a coke, does not need to cost $10 ... unless I've missed something special about an "upscale" onion burger ... an apparent oxymoron.

I'm a fan of Barry's, too.

Barry's is good stuff. I'm glad Good Egg is renovating the building, but a more novel approach to burgers would have been more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    If I go, can I request they donate my onions to charity instead of putting them on my burger?
    Of course you will be able to "hold" the onions.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Barry's is good stuff. I'm glad Good Egg is renovating the building, but a more novel approach to burgers would have been more interesting.
    Burger Spots are popping up all around the city and most are focusing on the number of toppings and add-ons. We are taking the simple approach and being true to the Oklahoma Onion Burger. Once we can release more info, I think your opinion on interesting approach will change. Tucker's will be different than anything in the area....Promise!

To the skeptics, here's my question: Has Good Egg ever opened a "bad" concept? To my knowledge they don't have any bad concepts (just 1 bad former location in Norman).

10. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Of course you will be able to "hold" the onions.
    Will you be able to ADD a coke, or will it be a BYOC establishment?

Sounds like a very similar concept to Five Guys (and even In n' Out) where they focus on burgers, fries and shakes.

And the price point is very similar to Five Guys and only a couple of dollars north of places like Barry's.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    no, no, no, you have the burger (sans onions for me), fries and a shake. THEN you go get a coke (A DP for me) for your dessert. Easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    of course. Self-service coke, DP, etc... along with fresh squeezed lemonade and limeade.

Sounds like a very similar concept to Five Guys (and even In n' Out) where they focus on burgers, fries and shakes.

And the price point is very similar to Five Guys and only a couple of dollars north of places like Barry's.
    The $10 ppa is on the estimated high end which will happen when you get a burger, FF and a shake.

Thanks and good luck Tuck!

I would bet if you ordered a burger, fries and shake at Barry's (and just about any other place excepting pure fast food) it would be darn close to $10 as well.

At the much bally-hooed Cow Calf Hay in Edmond, their cheapest burger and fries combo is $7.50, without any sort of drink.

I concur with you Pete...I've never had Five Guys, but In n' Out is very similar and it does very well for itself. I'm excited for this new eatery from Good Egg...I will say though i miss Iron Starr in Norman. It was really good.

BTW, a cheeseburger, regular fries and regular drink (not shake!) is $9.30 before tax at Five Guys.

The $10 ppa is on the estimated high end which will happen when you get a burger, FF and a shake.
    That price point neither surprises nor bothers me. I am hopeful the shakes will not be the tiny size, or at least there will be an option for a big shake. Big fan of taking a smaller meal and enjoying a Braum's 32 oz shake, irrespective of where the meal came from.

19. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

of course. Self-service coke, DP, etc... along with fresh squeezed lemonade and limeade.
    That's a relief.

Blog Entries

Thanks and good luck Tuck!

I would bet if you ordered a burger, fries and shake at Barry's (and just about any other place excepting pure fast food) it would be darn close to $10 as well.

At the much bally-hooed Cow Calf Hay in Edmond, their cheapest burger and fries combo is $7.50, without any sort of drink.
    All this talk about high prices. I am in NYC this week at our apartment and just paid $25 for a cheeseburger and $11 for two sliders for my wife. Fries were extra. I guess density and progress comes with a price. LOL. Last night, paid $140 for Mexican food and a couple of margaritas. OKC is still a bargain.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-food-brie...#ixzz1KtpHqSrl
    Tucker's Onion Burgers to open this summer
    A Good Egg Dining Group recently announced it will open Tucker's Onion Burgers this summer at 423 NW 23 St., in a space formerly held by Las Palmas. Tucker's will feature classic fried-onion burgers, shakes, onion rings and fries in a socially responsible setting.
    What? That stopped me in my tracks. How does that apply to a burger & shake place? Is it located next door to the Oklahoma Heart Hospital or something? LOL But it continued on explaining....
    Bags and cups will be biodegradable, and the concept will be committed to local ingredients and sustainable practices. ....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-food-brie...#ixzz1KtpHqSrl

What? That stopped me in my tracks. How does that apply to a burger & shake place? Is it located next door to the Oklahoma Heart Hospital or something? LOL But it continued on explaining....
    So you get your heart attack food using local ingredients in biodegradable packaging. LOL
    I guess that's better than nothing.

Work has begun at the future Tucker's Burgers with the parking lot being cup up and some sort of bus shelter style entrance being cut off the building.

Multiple Locations Tucker's

Tucker's Onion Burgers is coming to 423 NW 23rd this summer. Follow us on FB and Twitter for progress update, invitations and general information. Thanks for all the support. We've read a lot of nice words not only about Tuck's but about A Good Egg Dining Group in general. LOVE what we do and LOVE being in the heart of OKC.

Sheri Guyse
    Communications Director
    A Good Egg Dining Group

25. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

awesome! welcome Sheri!

Thread Information