Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker's

Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Well, as for the bacon thing, hubby says bacon makes everything better. He said next time he goes, he's taking bacon in a ziplock bag to put on his burger.

As far as onion burgers, honestly, we had never eaten one before our trip to Tuckers. Never heard of them until we moved here. Neither of us are big onion fans, so it never really appealed to us. Personally, I think the onion burger was very good, but I would just as soon have the burger without the onion. I would probably like it better without the onion actually.

Bacon DOES make just about everything better.
    (Ref. to Jim Gaffigan videos posted elsewhere . . . and also MHO.)
    It is heartening to note that y'all have figured out a reasonable and creative way of dealing with the deficit.
    Rather than whining about it at the counter and holding up the flow of commerce and hongry people.

In regard to Onions . . .
    I seem to recall that I went for years avoiding onions. Not because I didn't like them, but "because they didn't like me" (as the old cliché goes). Onions--especially raw ones--just tore me up. Cooked ones, not so much. But, somehow that all went away. (Now it's just radishes, cucumbers, and watermelon--of all things. All of which I like, I just don't eat them. Oh! And cantalope. If that's how you spell it.)

But an ONION BURGER without onlons is like . . . well . . . a BURGER.
    And you can get those anywhere.
    (Except not at Backyard Burgers anymore.)

Going to a place called Tucker's Onion Burgers and expecting to get a sandwich without onions is like going to . . .
    oh . . . i dunno . . . Sean Cumming's Irish Pub (?) and wanting to order Chicken Tikka Masala.
    Or an Onion Burger Festival in El Reno and asking for Kolaches . . .

Well . . . Isn't it? =)

As I said above: A truly outstanding restaurant can't possibly be all things to all people.
    (And I haven't eaten at Tucker's yet, but I am still looking forward to it because I am absolutely convinced that it is at the top of its class.

(Much like The Signature Grill. Where I wouldn't expect to order an Onion Burger. Or even just a Plain Ol' Burger.)

(Ya know . . .
    There used to be this place out in Jones called "Mallets" . . .
    and just around the corner was "The Malt Shop" . . . =)

Had Tucker's for lunch today. Fries were the best out of the 3 times I've been (was underwhelmed on fries the first 2 times). Had the turkey onion burger today, it was fantastic, and can't really taste the turkey, pretty much tastes like a beef onion burger, but a little healthier! washed it down with a chocolate shake which was fantastic! Now if only we had siesta's during the workday in the states!

I don't dislike onions, if they are cooked, and I use them in dishes all the time, so I don't have a problem with Tuckers as they are nicely grilled. Until eating there the only time I'd even seen an onion burger was in a story about them on TV. On the burgers they were showing, the onions just weren't cooked enough for me, they were still white looking. Not at all appealing to me. That's why I had never tried one before. I figured if Good Egg was doing it, it would be the best, so I would give it a try. I liked it. I wouldn't ever go in and ask them to leave the onions off. I have to say though, that the burger I had was so good, even without the onion, it would not have been just a burger.

Went a couple of weeks ago and would highly recommend it, much better than 5 Guys

Except 5 guys isn't onion burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    I don't dislike onions, if they are cooked, and I use them in dishes all the time, so I don't have a problem with Tuckers as they are nicely grilled. Until eating there the only time I'd even seen an onion burger was in a story about them on TV. On the burgers they were showing, the onions just weren't cooked enough for me, they were still white looking. Not at all appealing to me. That's why I had never tried one before. I figured if Good Egg was doing it, it would be the best, so I would give it a try. I liked it. I wouldn't ever go in and ask them to leave the onions off. I have to say though, that the burger I had was so good, even without the onion, it would not have been just a burger.
    Good Egg and Tucks rock, but you still need to try a real onion burger. Tucker's is like "gourmet onion burgers". Try Sid's in El Reno or Nic's on 12th and Penn.

nics isn't a "real onion burger" .. but is very good .... Tuckers is pretty much a real onion burger ... just with better meat cheese bread ect ...

ROBERT'S in El Reno is the real deal.

Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

I was talking to a lady at work today who went to Tucker's for the first time and is looking forward to checking out BTT and Mutt's. Another older woman (40-50) called the area "drive-by central." Do a lot of people still view the area this way?

Well, I finally tried Tucker's Onion Burgers Saturday night and was very impressed. Excellent service and food quality. For a true cheeseburger experience, the fries are a little to skinny for dipping into a chocolate shake though. Also, $11 for a single pattie onion cheeseburger, fries and a soda is a little much. If it was in the $9 range, I might frequent more often.

had this last week for the first time, got the turkey burger and it was money. the fries are good, but not how i prefer them. i was absolutely stuffed when I left. i'll be back when craving a burger.

^^ Get you a "keep it local card" and save 10%, also bring your Tucker's cup back for a $1.00 refill.

Total savings next time on the exact $11 order should be a little less than $9!

I was thinking about trying tucker's when I was in town a few days back. But then I was reminded of Bubba's. No offense to tuck, but especially since I am not an onion guy, it wasn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    Well, I finally tried Tucker's Onion Burgers Saturday night and was very impressed. Excellent service and food quality. For a true cheeseburger experience, the fries are a little to skinny for dipping into a chocolate shake though. Also, $11 for a single pattie onion cheeseburger, fries and a soda is a little much. If it was in the $9 range, I might frequent more often.
    So glad you enjoyed Tucker's! You should split the FF next time, plenty to go around and this should bring your total below $10.

Usually, I get the single w/cheese. Tried the double the other day. Huge difference. Was excellent.

My only gritch about Tucker's is that the dining room is entirely too small and that they need a drive through. Tucker's is actually a concept which looks pretty scalable as opposed to other Good Egg concepts.

17. Default Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Usually, I get the single w/cheese. Tried the double the other day. Huge difference. Was excellent.

My only gritch about Tucker's is that the dining room is entirely too small and that they need a drive through. Tucker's is actually a concept which looks pretty scalable as opposed to other Good Egg concepts.
    I agree. I most often eat with a group of 5+ and because of that we often have to bypass our favorite lunch spots (Tuckers, Big Truck, Nic's, etc.) because we often cannot sit together. When I do those places it is when the wife and I go out.

tuckers #2 coming to classen curve late summer

http://newsok.com/end-of-trattoria-i...661514/?page=2

Thats good news (more in my neck of the woods)

Seems a bit strange as this is pretty close to the 23rd st location. I would think they would risk cannibalizing the original. Maybe a sweetheart deal from Aubrey?

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Seems a bit strange as this is pretty close to the 23rd st location. I would think they would risk cannibalizing the original. Maybe a sweetheart deal from Aubrey?
    To me that is definitely "OKC thinking" and the willingness to travel distances to go somewhere. I know of people in Austin who think going to any place on the "other side of the river" is a major trip, most live in a 5 mile bubble and rarely travel outside of that bubble. I know of a few in Denver who think that way as well. Growing up in OKC I was just used to exploring the area and traveling some distance to do that, there are some Austin natives who had never ventured out into the Hill Country, when I did motorcycle rides out there many had no idea about the places that I talked about going.

Uptown/23rd Re: Tucker's Onion Burgers

Check it Out!! .... FREE at Tucker's your choice of their Homemade Lemonade or the Tasty Strawberry Limeade. http://radiantcustomervoice.com/prom...yR3oR4.twitter

We initiated some survey software at Tucker's that allows us to get feedback from our customers. It's nice to have that direct line of information and are pleased to be giving the beverages.

Another pro-tip: If you join the Tucker's News + Offers list, you'll receive another gift: http://bit.ly/TuckersEmail (That goes for all of the restaurants from A Good Egg Dining Group: http://www.goodeggdining.com/restaurants).

Enjoy!

Sorry to be so late to the party... I am a huge fan of Tucker's. Actually met MyJRNY there last time we were there, with Tulsa Food Guy. This is one of my fave spots in the city right now, the burgers are always on point, and the fries are incredibly tasty. If you haven't tried the place yet, you need to give it a whirl. Yeah, its not cheap, but it is worth every penny, IMHO.

Thread Information