Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10th & Hudson

1. Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

Quote Originally Posted by osuperry View Post
    What is being developed on this property?
    apparently a lake...

Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    apparently a lake...
    I see what you did there.

3. Default Re: Old Red Cross site on 10th - Midtown

The Lakes at Midtown!

It's in violation of municipal code 24-81
    DIVISION 2. - EXTERIOR PROPERTY AREAS
    Also county level health violations regarding standing water.
    City of Oklahoma City | West Nile Virus

Since it's MidtownR and I know they take care of properties and care in general, I presume this is temporary. Although I'm not sure why they laid sod in the lake.

Default Re: Old Red Cross site on 10th - Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by GeoGlyphics View Post
    The Lakes at Midtown!

It's in violation of municipal code 24-81
    DIVISION 2. - EXTERIOR PROPERTY AREAS
    Also county level health violations regarding standing water.
    City of Oklahoma City | West Nile Virus

Since it's MidtownR and I know they take care of properties and care in general, I presume this is temporary. Although I'm not sure why they laid sod in the lake.
    The water is from the last big rain

5. Default Re: Old Red Cross site on 10th - Midtown

Yep.

Here is a picture taken at 7:15am this morning for comparison

1 week later | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It's not too bad although I thought there would be less water by now. I think because water has been sitting there since the first week of April that the ground is fully saturated already and it's going to have to evaporate to go away. Then again I'm not a water drainage expert.

I'm glad someone else has noticed this. As someone who lives within 2 blocks of this, all I can think of this mini-lake around in the summer and full of mosquitos.

7. Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    I'm glad someone else has noticed this. As someone who lives within 2 blocks of this, all I can think of this mini-lake around in the summer and full of mosquitos.
    Same here. I grew up in Louisiana so I'm well acquainted with mosquito spawning pools and West Nile virus issues.

I'm starting to grow fond of the little lake in Midtown now. I wonder if MidtownRenaissance would allow a Midtown Mud Wrestling or Mud Volleyball tournament there later this Spring.

8. Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

We should be so lucky as to have standing watering the ground this summer.

9. Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

Standing water ON the ground this summer. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Standing water ON the ground this summer. Sheesh.
    stay out a little late last night?

11. Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

I wish! I'm pretty sure I was asleep on the couch when I typed that first one...

12. Default Re: Old Red Cross site on 10th - Midtown

The Midtown Lake grew again overnight.

I think because they dug away the topsoil that the ground beneath it, also compacted from having a building foundation on it for many years, just isn't going to quickly absorb any water.

Word on the street is there are already plans to develop this by MidtownR. Only a matter of time now. Can't wait to see exactly what it's going to be.

13. Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

What is in the building on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson. I've seen people in there and have never know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    What is in the building on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson. I've seen people in there and have never know what it is.
    It's vacant and been for sale for a while.

I believe they occasionally hold auctions there.

15. Default Re: 10th & Hudson

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but this is what has recently moved into this building. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (4).JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	4117

Default Re: 10th & Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but this is what has recently moved into this building. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (4).JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	4117
    That building on the NW corner has not yet sold, so I believe this is just a tenant.

Isn't this where they were going to put that concept in outta Tulsa?

I believe Midtown Renaissance is getting ready to kickoff a big project on the NE corner of 10th & Hudson (which is actually the original subject of this thread).

They own almost everything on that block except the NorthCare property, but they are well along on building a new facility on General Pershing and it's been rumored that MidtownR will be acquiring this old site once they make the move.

Sounds like there are plans for housing and other uses.

NorthCare is probably a year away from moving into their new facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe Midtown Renaissance is getting ready to kickoff a big project on the NE corner of 10th & Hudson (which is actually the original subject of this thread).

They own almost everything on that block except the NorCare property, but they are well along on building a new facility on General Pershing and it's been rumored that MidtownR will be acquiring this old site once they make the move.

Sounds like there are plans for housing and other uses.

NorCare is probably a year away from moving into their new facility.
    Is the NorthCare facility in that old theater? Any number of cool things could be done with that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Is the NorthCare facility in that old theater? Any number of cool things could be done with that.
    No, it's a non-descript 2-story building of no historical value.

I'm sure it will be demolished; the rest of that entire block has already been scraped.

You are probably thinking of the the old Uptown Theater at 1212 N. Hudson, which is due north of NorthCare:

21. Default Re: 10th & Hudson

StreetView

That's funny, I was leaving Clancy's after lunch with Bradley and took 11th straight to Broadway past these buildings. I noticed the two on the corner that say "PALO DURO". What's the story on that? Not to go off topic.

Gosh that's a sweet marquee. When I had been here a few years, I worked volunteering building a stage in that old building. The chaps trying to pull off the "Tower Theater Concept" couldn't get a liquor license due to proximity of the First Baptist Church.

It actually has some sweet things hidden away that are going for it architecturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Gosh that's a sweet marquee. When I had been here a few years, I worked volunteering building a stage in that old building. The chaps trying to pull off the "Tower Theater Concept" couldn't get a liquor license due to proximity of the First Baptist Church.

It actually has some sweet things hidden away that are going for it architecturally.
    There are definitely going to have to be some variances to that rule in this area, but I guess with Packard and all the other restaurants down there, that's now been taken care of (Packard is 30 feet from Frontline Church).

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    StreetView

That's funny, I was leaving Clancy's after lunch with Bradley and took 11th straight to Broadway past these buildings. I noticed the two on the corner that say "PALO DURO". What's the story on that? Not to go off topic.
    Not to continue off subject and I don't know, but Palo Duro II looks cheaply built. I like the original though. They seem like Section 8 living quarters. Be nice if they spruced the original building up!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Not to continue off subject and I don't know, but Palo Duro II looks cheaply built. I like the original though. They seem like Section 8 living quarters. Be nice if they spruced the original building up!
    Palo Duro - the original:

Source: Travel to U.S.: Oklahoma: Midtown Oklahoma City with the The Great Mirror

Source: Flickr: Darkmoon Photography's Photostream

Thread Information