Widgets Magazine

Thread: Support your LOCAL natural food markets!

Lightbulb Support your LOCAL natural food markets!

I just saw an newspapter article about a large "health" food chain store that is coming to Norman. I don't even want to mention the name of the business or location because I want this thread to focus on supporting our locally grown businesses of this type.
    So I am urging everyone to support, and encourage your friends and family to support, our homegrown businesses like Native Roots and Dodson's. We are so fortunate to have them.

Default Re: Support your LOCAL natural food markets!

Dont for get the earth!

3. Default Re: Support your LOCAL natural food markets!

Native Roots is awesome. I love their selection and their commitment to local producers. I wish others would take notice of what's already here.

4. Default Re: Support your LOCAL natural food markets!

Was this a real article or something somebody told you? I haven't heard anything about any businesses coming to Norman. It would seem like a bad business strategy with Whole Foods coming just down the road.

I'll continue to shop at all of the above, but I also think competition from national grocers is a good thing... especially because so many of the things I shop for are routinely out of stock at the above places unless you get there first thing in the morning.

ChargerAg I am not sure why you would say that. Whole Foods has made no announcement concerning Norman -- only Classen Curve in OKC. There are some feelers out for a large grocer over in UNP but nothing firm from what I have heard. Norman is Oklahoma's third largest city behind Tulsa, way bigger than Edmond (#5) or Lawton (#4). There is a huge market here and very little serving the area.

I would, but Akins is a dump and poor selection and higher prices than even Whole Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    Was this a real article or something somebody told you? I haven't heard anything about any businesses coming to Norman. It would seem like a bad business strategy with Whole Foods coming just down the road.
    It was a real article.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    There was an article in the Norman Transcript, they are going to move into the old/vacant Ace Hardware store on W. Main. I like Native Roots and shop there every week or two, however, their limited selection is a definate drawback.

Thread Information