Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bricktown Bar Tour

Default Bricktown Bar Tour

If a group of ladies (late 30's/ early 40's) were to go out in Bricktown for the evening, where would you go?
    We are taking a friend out to celebrate her upcoming wedding, but it's not a veil wearing, matching t-shirt, overly drunk bachelorette party. ha! Just want some good drinks and a little dancing.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Bricktown Bar Tour

This is the first time this person has posted here since they signed up over two years ago. This must be a pretty serious situation.

Wow Barry! Aren't YOU witty?
    Just asking for a little help . People like you are the reason I haven't posted earlier.

I don't go to Bricktown very often but I went to JJ's Alley for a drink before my 20th highschool reunion -- and we went back after too.

It's a small place, 3 stories, sometimes live music -- we liked it!

Also Bolero's is pretty cool - over by the Harkin theatre.
    Spanish style tapas, red & white sangria, neat looking bar with huge doors that open onto the canal.

Nonna's Purple Bar is a great place to get drinks -- their upstairs bar is beautiful and spacious and not filled with drunk 20 year-olds.

Also, Drinkz is a great spot. Might have a DJ later?

Skyy Bar and Citywalk have dance music, but the crowds are generally pretty young.

ROK Bar has live music.

ooops you said dancing -- I haven't danced in 20 years so I have no idea where to go in Bricktown that you won't be surrounded by annoying guys & girls.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneyjaney View Post
    Just asking for a little help . People like you are the reason I haven't posted earlier.
    Take it easy, zaneyjaney, it was just a callback to a similar post from yesterday.

8. Default Re: Bricktown Bar Tour

I second Drinkz. The bartender has always been very happy to oblige me whenever I've ventured in there. It's also cool, and dark, which sounds lovely on a hot day like today!

I also second Purple bar. They've had great snacks in the past, too. It's been awhile since I've been to either place, however.

If you want dancing without the teeny bopper crowd, you might have to get out of Bricktown and find a more...adult place. Groovy's isn't too far (nw expressway), and plays disco/80s music and can be a lot of fun.
    Still corrupting young minds

Yeah, and honestly, you could hit up Russell's inside of the Mariott on NW Expressway & Independence.

I third Drinkz...Normally my go to bar in bricktown

Man, I had no idea Drinkz was a good bar. I'll definitely be checking it out soon. Purple Bar is always classy and low-key; J.J.'s is probably my favorite dive in town. if you want to start outside of Bricktown just a little, Red Prime has a reasonable happy hour.

Based on your description, I'd say you should start at Purple Bar, go to Michael Murphy's Dueling Piano Bar, and then head to Drinkz. Drinkz is hit or miss though. A back up might to Drinkz might be Skky Bar. I think it's better for what you're saying than Rok, City, or the other places for the young folk.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneyjaney View Post
    Thanks for posting, zaneyjaney. There are countless more frivolous things being discussed here than your topic. Whether you post once every couple of years or every night doesn't matter in the least.

purple bar then mickey mantles bar (live music) then to michael murphys then JJ's alley and or drinkz

Tons to chose from but free parking nearby and sangria at Bolero is a must for a group of ladies. I'd start there to get warmed up.

Thread Information