Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

1. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Independence weekend sales throughout the place this weekend. Free hot dogs and sodas!!! Sales throughout the store, consult with each vendor on sale prices off of marked prices.

I'll be having sales, too, so mention you're from here, I'll knock dollars off the retail prices.

2. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

http://www.goldengoosefleamarket.net/

Linked back to OKCTalk as Advertisement Partners as Pete has been so kind enough to allow the promotion. :-D

3. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Winding down slowly. Closing soon. Sunday is your last day to grab free hot dog, free chips, and free drink!

Also, all the vendors have meal vouchers/tickets. If you purchase anything, you will get one good for your next visit. (while supplies last)

PS - Great way to meet Thunder and give him a teddy bear hug! :-)

4. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

There is a Facebook already exist.

http://www.facebook.com/goldengoose.fleamarket

5. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

New Vendor - C&C Designer Fashions

There are a couple of other new Vendors, but I'm giving them time to set up and settle in before I officially make them public.

Jan's Place - New pictures posted of her new booth location. Its across from the new Snack Shack (coming soon), which will be so much easier for her to manage in close proximity. That way I don't have to text her to run the entire building to assist her customers. :-P As for the new Snack Shack, no definite opening date as its still being worked on behind the scene.

6. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Yesterday was the beginning of the Vendors Association formation. What has happened so far over the past weekend where all the Vendors submitted nominations for offices. These positions include on the Board of Vendors Association; President, Vice President, Spokesperson, Advertisement Team, and Beautification Team. Both of the Advertisement and Beautification teams will have several persons working together with the lead-captain per team. The Vendors nominated will be asked questions going through the determination process of their acceptance to run for office and serve. Votes will be done by next weekend and that is not all. Soon afterward, there will be formal meetings to set up parliamentary procedure rules and bylaws, etc. We are focused on improving the flea market for the ultimate experience for the customers.

Update to an earlier post... I just discovered yesterday that C&C Designer Fashions is gone, but her aunt across the aisle still remains (but not listed).

7. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Yesterday, I made a super sad discovery. The 100+ pictures taken of new vendors and renewal of current vendors did not even save to the SD card on the phone. This also include pictures taken of the Vendors Association's first meeting. :-(

Something went terribly wrong. However, it did save the two videos that I did with the mall walk-around. Odd. After troubleshooting with other fellow Epic users (on XDA chat), I deleted all the pictures and videos (340 = 2.31gb) after transferring them to the computer. Then I did a test of random pictures and long videos....shocking discovery. At around the same amount and same size, all the test pictures mysteriously disappeared leaving only the test videos.

At last, I formatted the SD card, uninstalled the stock Gallery, and installed the QuickPic gallery (free on the Android Market) and did another series of test. Everything seem to be good. It was either the stock Gallery or the SD card got corrupted. I hope this will never happen again. When I connect the phone to the computer for Mass Storage and/or Charging, I will be very careful to go through the process on both, the phone and computer, to ensure safe disconnect (rather than unplugging the USB wire suddenly).

So, I apologize to all the vendors, especially for the loss of record-keeping for the Vendors Association's first meeting. I will continue to retake pictures to renew Vendors and add new Vendors to the website.

Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Hey thunder, the booth thats is in your area that carries celebrity and sports photos, last time i was their my wife and i wanteda selena poster or large picture, well he was out at the time, if you get a chance can you ask him if he has any in and how much? my little 6 year old is a selena perez fan. I know odd but my lil girl likes her.

9. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Hey thunder, the booth thats is in your area that carries celebrity and sports photos, last time i was their my wife and i wanteda selena poster or large picture, well he was out at the time, if you get a chance can you ask him if he has any in and how much? my little 6 year old is a selena perez fan. I know odd but my lil girl likes her.
    I will ask him. Selena, as in the one that got shot to death?

yes sir thats the one

11. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    yes sir thats the one
    If you can PM me your text # so that I can send you pix if he has any along with prices.

Thunker, i am a dying breed, i do not own a cell phone (GASP) i know crazy huh, the last time a texted anyone was 5 or so years ago when i did have a cell, my wife has one but we do not text, we just use the phone when we have to, strange i know yes but we hate cell phones.. we love the internet and nitendo wii, but cell phones we can live without.. i hae e-mail address is phones can send to e-mail addresses?

13. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Yes, PM me your email address and I can add to contact. I can text or email to it from the phone.

14. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Jesseda, he does not have any in stock, but he will look out for some.

15. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

The whole website has been updated. There are some new vendors.

The Ginger Gypsy
    http://goldengoosefleamarket.net/thegingergypsy.html

Val's Shoppe
    http://goldengoosefleamarket.net/valsshoppe.html

Jan's Place name change to Sir London's Sneakers (relocated to a new booth)
    http://goldengoosefleamarket.net/sir...ssneakers.html

There are two vendors not on the site, but they are very rarely there. :-/

The Swap Meet section has been updated and the permanent vendors directory is available.

http://goldengoosefleamarket.net/swapmeet.html

There are many other vendors, but their status is uncertain. Only long term vendors are listed for Swap Meet.

Up next is a video of Midwest Crossing's trains in action and a preview of a bigger set currently under construction.

16. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

I have made a video for Midwest Crossing, an attraction at the Golden Goose Flea Market.

Inventory Reduction Sale!!!

What are you going to do now? Well, get up and rush to the nearest calendar. Find the next available date for Saturday and Sunday. Mark it down as a planned trip! There are many trains and models available (even rare editions). Including some fun sets great for kids or for yourself. :-)

(Can someone post if the song file is working correctly?)

Thunder: audio & video played for me without derailing.

18. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Thunder: audio & video played for me without derailing.
    Good. I'm happy the song file was working. Its hard for me to ever know. lol

Understand...honestly forgot about it when you asked and thought it was one of those, "see if a link works for someone else that doesn't have a direct link to my hard drive" type thing that sometimes crops up (like when someone posts a link to OKC.gov and it doesn't work for someone else).

I have an older Mac and not running the most recent versions of software, so most likely if it ran ok for me, it will run for the vast majority out there...

20. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Booths are available now! Tired of high costs at Old Paris? Tired of waiting lists? Tired of outdoor extreme weather? Are you ready to start selling now? Come on down to the ever-famous Golden Goose Flea Market in Midwest City at NE 23rd and Douglas Blvd!!! Spaces available are 6x12, 8x12, 10x12, and bigger. Other options such as smaller spaces and/or outdoor spaces. Rental prices are competitive and the lowest in the industry with much more features including a full-blown web site and tons of advertisement!

Not interested in booth style? Try our next-door East County Swap Meet! Just one mile east of Mary's Swap Meet, the spaces are 10x15 inside the climate-controlled building. What make us better than Mary's Swap Meet? Cleaner! Bigger! Safe! Comfortable! And longer hours!!! Outdoor spaces available.

Check out the web site at www.GoldenGooseFleaMarket.net and click on the Rentals tab for booth rentals, Swap Meet tab for flat space rentals, and explore the amazing growing list of vendors. Come visit us anytime during the weekend and Friday/Monday from 9am to 6pm for a tour, discussion, and arrangement. Don't forget to meet Snowball the Hamster!!!

Booth Rentals - http://www.goldengoosefleamarket.net/rentals.html
    Updated with latest pictures of booths. Your referral code is Thunder.

Updated and/or New Vendors

Cashion Candle Shop
    http://www.goldengoosefleamarket.net...andleshop.html

Taste of Ollie
    http://www.goldengoosefleamarket.net/tasteofollie.html

The Unique Boutique
    http://www.goldengoosefleamarket.net...eboutique.html

Scentsy (relocated to new booth)
    http://www.goldengoosefleamarket.net/scentsy.html

More new vendors will soon be added.

21. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

About the hamster, she has quite a bit of history. :-)

I sold my 100 gallon tank (a hobby that I invested $1,000+) to a friend. After that, I felt empty and upset about what had happened, so I went out to PETCO on NW Expressway to get a hamster. She is a Teddy Bear breed, and yes, she is a female. Her name is Snowball, which I have mentioned previously, and she lives in a 55 gallon tank. The custom made stand was given to me by a friend recently when she moved back to Colorado. All together, including Snowball, currently lives at the flea market next to my booth, so everyone is free to visit her. If she is sleeping, just lightly tap on the glass, call out her name, and do some kissing sound. She may come out or not. Snowball gets cranky when awaken, so do not attempt to pet her while she is sleeping or when awaken. If she is active already around, then its fine for grown adults to pet her, but absolutely no removing her from the habitat.

Here is a picture taken at my previous resident. This is the stand and the general view of her home.

Next to my booth.

I am planning on leaving her at the flea market for people to enjoy visiting (kids, too). Coming soon will be a 40 gallon African Cichlid imported from Lake Malawi to be set up next to my booth in front of the new snack cafe.

22. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

The Board of Vendors Association has approved the Monthly Featured Vendor. There will be one winner as a whole (including booth market and swap meet). The winners will be given a $20 rent discount (paid by Thunder directly to building owner), special announcement on the web site's main page, and posted fliers with picture at the front of building.

There are events lined up for the next several months (info will be posted).

I have been printing fliers to place on vehicles at multiple locations. This has already been in progress and additional Vendors volunteered to assist with the grassroots effort on advertising the flea market. We are not closed! Yes, we are still here! If anyone is interested in passing out fliers, the file will soon be available to download.

23. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Aloha! It is Wednesday and we all know what that is. Halfway to the weekend! Be sure to mark down on the calendar for a planned trip to the ever-famous fastest-growing Golden Goose Flea Market!

We have lost the Scentsy booth. The lady did not have much time for it (her personal page on the Scentsy web site was checked and discovered to be gone). However, have no fear! Cashion Candle Shop sells Scentsy. So does Samarena Gift Shop. One vendor within Swap Meet was relocated to the Market side (The Gift of Thrift) and you will find him in the Record Town area.

Brace yourself! We have 2 or 3 new Vendors moving in. What they will sell? I do not know, but stay tuned!

Here is a printer-friendly, ink-friendly banner for fliers. Save or Copy them and Paste into an Office/Word processor. There can be 4 or 5 (depending on paper size and position) fliers per sheet. Over 10,000 has been printed and given away!!! Its free to help your favorite market. Feel free to submit suggestions (or if you have a business willing to accept a stack to give away), contact me. I will respond asap.

(Don't worry, the Word processor will automatically readjust the banner to paper width. If you want black/white printing only, you can select that option when printing through the Properties option.)

Jim and Sue's Mercantile are still having monthly specials. It was originally thought to be for May only, but this is month-to-month. Spend $10 and get a ticket to win a $50 shopping spree! Winners will be pictured (optional) and posted on the web site.

Labor Day is quickly coming up! Be sure to set aside a date for a trip to your favorite market. There will be free hot dogs and kool pops (need to double check on these). More on Events coming soon.

Thanks for being a regular customer at your favorite local flea market!

24. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

We Are Keeping You Safe!

A whole bunch of new fire extinguishers were recently bought and installed throughout the building. See a fire? You will be able to quickly access the nearest fire extinguishers to extinguish the flames. The entire building has been inspected by the Fire Marshal with Excellent Approval of Overall Safety. When you come on down to your favorite market, be at peace with the safety and security of your and loved ones' life.

25. Default Re: Golden Goose Flea Market - Event Center & Mini Mall

Thread Information