Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Doughnut in Okc?

Default Re: Best Doughnut in Okc?

This thread may provide a clue to the answer to the question posed on that other thread about "Choosing Obesity, Why?" =)

I'll bet it would be fairly simple to whip up some homemade "maple/bacon" flavored icing to put on a simple cake donut. Like from Daylight.
    Heck . . . Just render some bacon, salvage the fat, mix in some artificial maple syrup and "voila!"
    I'm surprised that "Pioneer Woman" or Paula Deen hasn't done that on their shows . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I'll bet it would be fairly simple to whip up some homemade "maple/bacon" flavored icing to put on a simple cake donut. Like from Daylight.
    Heck . . . Just render some bacon, salvage the fat, mix in some artificial maple syrup and "voila!"
    That sounds amazing!!!

Yet true. =)
    (bordering on phantastic!)

In a pinch, a reheated frozen sausage biscuit from Braums will suffice.
    With maple syrup. On it.

A purist could punch a hole through the center--vertically rather than horizontally, perhaps using an "apple-corer"?--to make it more authentically donutesque/torusarian . . . or not. Of course the bacon-flavor would be missing . . . Bac-N-O's?

Did I leave out the Organic Powdered Sugar to offset the natural sweetness of the artificial maple-flavored syrup?
    For the glaze?

It may just be a rumor . . . But is there a new way of using starch called "Pancakes"?

(please accept my apology for saying "and voila" instead of "et voila" in a previous post)

Polar Donuts. . .10th and Meridian (NW corner). I occasionally take a box to a morning meeting. When you walk in the door, the guy/gal behind the counter asks you if you would like a fresh (warm) glazed donut while he gets your order. . .drool, drool, drool. . . also. . .haven't found a better apple fritter anywhere!!

Enjoy an occasional donut but when I try to win some points with my group at work my go to place is Kolache Kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I'm thinking Good Egg Group or the Big Truck Taco group needs to open a doughnut shop for the extreme doughnut lovers.
    Something like Gordough's in Austin? LaMar's here in Denver is pretty good but it's not Gordough's.

I was also surprised OKC does not have a gourmet doughnut shop. With the recent news of being one of the fattest states, we should have good doughnut place at least.

I have not been to Polar on 10th/Meridian but will give it a shot soon.

When I was in Colorado recently I went to http://www.lamars.com/menu/ They had some awesome "gourmet" doughnuts.

I was planning on posting these pics last week because the Saturday before Labor day is "International Bacon Day". So happy belated "I.B.D.", and in honor of such a glorious day I give you this.
    Bacon Doughnuts pics courtesy of The Nickel Diner in downtown L.A.http://www.nickeldiner.com/.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maple-donut-tray-473.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	2575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bacon-donut-chocolate-nickel-88.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	2576
    Hopefully some day Okc will have such an item as the Bacon Doughnut of it's own. I'm still searching for one of these in Oklahoma.

Flint has a donut appetizer and one of the dipping sauces is a bacon and chocolate mixture, delish.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Hopefully some day Okc will have such an item as the Bacon Doughnut of it's own. I'm still searching for one of these in Oklahoma.
    Looks like we may have our place! Not open yet but claims they will be doing what some of you guys are looking for.

The Daily Donut - Oklahoma City, OK - Restaurant/Cafe | Facebook

The Best Donut in OKC is the nearest available donut worth eating.
    I can choose between the cellowrapped crap at two convenience stores, some greasy piece of "stuff" at the local grocery store, or those bliss-giving, tiny circles of paradise at the local Daylight Donuts.

The people who run the place are even finer than the flour-based fruits of their labors that they share daily.
    (i especially like the plain cake donuts.)

Unfortunately, I only enter those "Gates of Donut Paradise" a couple of times a month.
    (their chocolate coated, raised twists or longjohns/bismarks ain't too slouchy either).

I hear good things about the former BBQ joint, now Doughnut outlet, over on Britton Rd . . .
    and I can't argue with them things even if I've never enjoyed their product.

Oh: There's a GreasyKreem up by the Intersection from Hell but even the convenience store is closer =)

Would it be fair to say that The Designer Cupcake Bubble has burst?
    Do I see Designer Muffin Tops peeking over the horizon?
    (fyi: pancakes with bacon and syrup are a reasonable substitute for a bacon donut)

If only we could get a designer cookie shop like Schmackary's! Their maple bacon cookie is delicious. But caramel apple crunch is to die for. However, personally, I will continue to be crazed about cupcakes. I wish I were skinny enough to have a Sara Sara cupcake every day of the week. Their new caramello cupcake is to die for.

Schmackary's | Lip-Schmackin' Good Cookies

<LOL> Thanks for the laugh RM!

15. Default Re: Best Doughnut in Okc?

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Sounds like the view of half of the shoppers at Penn Square Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Looks like we may have our place! Not open yet but claims they will be doing what some of you guys are looking for.

The Daily Donut - Oklahoma City, OK - Restaurant/Cafe | Facebook
    Sounds promising but horrible location.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Sounds promising but horrible location.
    Looks like they may get a lot of commuter traffic headed to Broadway Extension on Hefner or even some Edmond people headed to Chesapeake. But outside of that, doesn't seem to be much going on in that area.

Thread Information