Widgets Magazine

Thread: Penn & Memorial Next To BoA

Question Penn & Memorial Next To BoA

There is some dirt movement next to the Bank of America, anyone know what is going on there?

Also, on a less intrested note.... does anyone know about what they are doing next to the AutoZone on Hefner & Western?

Default Re: Penn & Memorial Next To BoA

3. Default Re: Penn & Memorial Next To BoA

I love this!!!! and Chick-fil-a! I live in the area and had my first Mongolian grill in Denver a couple weeks ago. Can't wait to have it again!

smashburger is going in there as well

Just drove by this place. The "Now Hiring" sign for Smashburger is up but no sign for Ghengis Grill. Did plans change?

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Just drove by this place. The "Now Hiring" sign for Smashburger is up but no sign for Ghengis Grill. Did plans change?
    Have they completed the Ghengis Grill yet? Last time I was over there was 3 weeks ago and they were still working on it.

I have been told Genghis Grill is scheduled to open in December. But don't hold your breath.

Ghengis Grill sign is up now. I'm so stoked for this!

Also, the smashburger that's going next door is supposed open Saturday per the Oklahoman.

I think they need to start planning now to reroute The Kilpatrick Turnpike down into a tunnel going under the future development sites in celebration of these wonderful addtions to traffic flow in the vicinity of The Intersection From Hell (a.k.a. "Walmartia").

Some may disagree . . . =)

11. Default Re: Penn & Memorial Next To BoA

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I think they need to start planning now to reroute The Kilpatrick Turnpike down into a tunnel going under the future development sites in celebration of these wonderful addtions to traffic flow in the vicinity of The Intersection From Hell (a.k.a. "Walmartia").

Some may disagree . . . =)

I live smack dab in the middle of this mess but most of the time if people would just drive properly traffic moves and the intersection moves rather quickly.

Has anyone been to the new Smashburger ? Is it any good ???

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    I went today and enjoyed my food a lot (I love the seasoned smashfries and their holiday Cinnamon Spice milkshake tastes like Cinnabon in a cup), but I think it's a little overpriced. I'm okay with the pricing on the burger ($5-6 for a good sized burger that's tasty and well prepared is just fine by me), but $2 fries and $5 milkshake were a little ridiculous. I'm not sure if the portions are bigger if you eat in rather than get things to go, but my fries appeared to be the equivalent to a small elsewhere and the shake was about the size of a Braum's small shake. That isn't a complaint about the portion sizing per se as that was more than enough for me to eat, but it might make things a bit expensive for families who might usually split side items to save money.

I'm a single guy and I'm not worried about the price. I am more interested in the quality of the food of Smashburger, and maybe how it compares to Five Guys in Moore (or Norman).

This isn't a knock at all on Shrieking Violet, but if a $5 burger and $2 fries are too expensive, than the family in question really needs to be eating at home. That's maybe $1-2 more than McDonalds. If that.

The fries may be only $1-2 more in total price (I think you probably get more food at McD's so the value stretches beyond that), but the shake was twice what I'd pay for a medium shake at Braum's which is a much bigger shake. $1-2+ on each item for each person can add up pretty fast for four or more people. I spent $13-14 on my burger, fries and shake. That's not just a few bucks more than I might have paid elsewhere.

Now I'm single, childless and not strapped for cash so price wasn't a concern for myself but I always comment on value when discussing a new restaurant. If something's more expensive but makes up for it in the areas of quality or quantity I would consider it a good value, but if something's simply more expensive I wouldn't. I was just stating that I considered the burger to be a pretty good value (as the extra $$ bought me a better, bigger burger) the fries less so and the shake not at all (even though it was quite tasty).

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    I imagine it's the Same as the Outlet Mall location or any other in the USA. It's a chain so it should be pretty standard fare.

I went to the Smashburger on Monday night. I was very displeased. There were several customer service issues, as they needed to have a 2nd cashier, which would not have been a problem because in a way, they had "too much" help running around the small place. In addition, there were other service problems, as well. With regards to food, I got a "regular" sized burger with swiss cheese and bacon. I ordered a regular side of fries. I thought the quality of fries was on par with McDonalds, Braums, or Sonic. However, the portion was far less, and on the Smashburger website, it shows portions of fries that are twice as much as what I received. With regards to the burger itself, I was told it was a 1/3 pound portion. Unfortunately it looked a lot smaller than that. I would go back and get a "Big" size Smashburger and maybe try a different french fry item to see if I get more. I would also check to see if their service has improved. I also want to try Five Guys, and compare if its any better overall. Those are my thoughts.

Thread Information