Widgets Magazine

Thread: Northern Tool comes to OKC

Default Northern Tool comes to OKC

Northern Tool is coming to OKC. I-240 & S. Penn is where the store will be located.

Newsok.com article

Northerntool.com link

Default Re: Northern Tool comes to OKC

Boo. To be honest, OKC actually already has enough northern tools..in my opinion.

I know. Who wants companies opening new stores and creating jobs?

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the first store to open in Oklahoma.

The Oklahoman article mentioned "first Oklahoma City" store so implied that there are others in the state, but a Google map search didn't show any in Oklahoma (did show a Harbor Freight in Tulsa, are they connected?)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    The Oklahoman article mentioned "first Oklahoma City" store so implied that there are others in the state, but a Google map search didn't show any in Oklahoma (did show a Harbor Freight in Tulsa, are they connected?)
    No Harbor Freight is similar to Steve's Wholesale, there's one in OKC and Norman.

I love Harbor Freight. Comes in handy. I did see this the other day driving by on I-240 and wondered what it was, couldn't tell though. Glad to have a tool store nearby. I'm in one every week it seems, can never have enough tools! Will have to check them out sometime this week, see if they have anything good.

Edit: Nvm, I see they aren't open yet. The outside of the building is done it looks like though.

Northern Tool just opened in Austin in the past month, I had to go to the one in San Antonio for the past few years. I like the variety of items they have over Harbor Freight and I think some of the items are better quality.

MadMonk Guest

Looks like an interesting place. I'll have to check it out if I'm ever down that way.

My experience with Northern Tool is that they are on the higher side of the price spectrum. Personally, I love Harbor Freight.

BTW -Spartan was trying to make a joke about people from the north being tools. If you have to explain it, it probably isn't funny.

Goodonya south OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Um, wouldn't that just imply they are going to build more than one store in OKC...

metro, that is a possibility.

kerry: or something was lost in the translation

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    My experience with Northern Tool is that they are on the higher side of the price spectrum. Personally, I love Harbor Freight.

BTW -Spartan was trying to make a joke about people from the north being tools. If you have to explain it, it probably isn't funny.
    You get what you pay for. Harbor freight=cheap tools from China and Japan. Throw away tools, if they break, throw it away and buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    You get what you pay for. Harbor freight=cheap tools from China and Japan. Throw away tools, if they break, throw it away and buy another one.
    I still own every tool I have purchased from Harbor Freight. I can't say that about tools I have purchased from Lowe's or Home Depot.

Northern Tool.. Alright. I'll probably never shop there but good for OKC. What we really need here is a Fry's Electronics!

i've bought quite a bit from northern tool, the last thing was a new motor for my lawnmower, new motor (made in USA) for old lawnmower(made in USA) $109, new lawnmower(made in asia) $250

i've always gotten good service form their catalog personel, hopefully the local store will be as good

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post

Well, I'll just keep my day job then.. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Northern Tool.. Alright. I'll probably never shop there but good for OKC. What we really need here is a Fry's Electronics!
    That is definitely one place that I would miss if I moved to a city that doesn't have one.
    The ad is in the Austin paper tomorrow morning.....

Spartan when did you get a job?

Ah, that is a good question.

Northern Tool opened for business yesterday.

Thread Information