Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Five Guys

1. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

Glad to hear this news. 5 Guys make good burgers. It will be nice to have them here in the city.

Thumbs up Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by BradR View Post
    Is it pretty good?
    Yes.

There are people who will tell you no, or that they're too expensive, but yes they are, and no they're not.

Glad they're finally showing the Northsiders some love.

Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

I'm sure it's a local franchisee opening these locations as this has been the primary way Five Guys has been expanding.

Ahhh a location close to my office.. that is good news.. I like 5 guys but not enough to drive to Moore or norman to eat there when I have tuckers and S&B closer.. and I would say they are better than 5 guys or at least evenly matched.

5 Guys is great, and I'm excited.

I'm curious, though, what the ratio of hamburger joints to people is in this city, and how it rates among other cities!

Yeah it's a good burger. The fries always leave me wanting to drink a gallon or two of water though.

7. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

5 Guys is good, but we have local places that are better. In the last city I lived in, it was the best burger in town. But not here. If you have never had one though, well worth a try. Great fries.

8. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

Never been to 5 guys.... How does it compare to S&B?

Yeah, I'll be sticking with Tuckers and S&B. Those locations are terrible for me, and I like to keep it local.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Yeah, I'll be sticking with Tuckers and S&B. Those locations are terrible for me, and I like to keep it local.
    Thanks for the LOCAL support!

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I'll take your spot, Betts. I'm pretty close to both locations. =)

Quote Originally Posted by BradR View Post
    I've been meaning to try the one in Norman but any time we're up there we end up at Tulio's or Cheddars. Is it pretty good?
    Been to all three of those, the latter two way more often than I've gone to 5 Guys. 5G is not gross by any means, but after giving it a fair try, it just did not even come close to the nirvana type hype some give it. The bacon burger at Chedders is as good, or better, costs less (a big issue to some folk) and in Norman at least there's no meaningful difference in distance. Chedder's and 5G are practically across the street from each other. Chedder's also gets the nod for way more variety and for a nice interior and comfortable seating should you elect to dine in rather than take your food with you.

Of course, that being said, O'Connell's has a better burger (and other selections) than either C or 5G in my opinion. Took as bit for me, but I finally ended my mourning of Lindsey St and warmed up to the Campus Corner location.

Garage bison burger and Abner's Ale patty melt are also worthy contenders and top both Chedder's and 5G locally.
    Last edited by kevinpate; 05-11-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: typo & spacing

I will not set foot in a Five Guys Burgers place until I've been to Tuckers. Period.

(However, I decided to "charbroil" some burgers last night, and after the first round--on toasted Italian bread with a slice of basil instead of that wasteful leaf lettuce--I had room left for another half a burger, open-faced on a thin slice of grilled Italian bread (the grill-caramelized onions UNDER the cheese on the burger), with a bit of grilled tomato, a basil leaf, a raindrop-shaped blob of either mayo or miracle whip on the tomato and three tasteful dots of yellow mustard. On a small, clear plate. Semi-vertical. With one Zesty pickle slice. "$18," I said to my wife. "Yup," she agreed," smiling. =)

Smashburger > 5 Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Smashburger > 5 Guys
    Smashburger is pretty good but I have yet to try 5 Guys so I'll reserve judgement.

Five Guys is pretty good. Perhaps a bit overrated, but good nonetheless. I've always found that local joints usually taste better than chain places, even if Five Guys' shtick is trying to seem like a local place. It's always good to see new food places being built, though.

I like 5 Guys okay. I've eaten at a couple, one in DC and another in Baltimore. The burgers are good, but I really love the Cajun fries!

I am hoping they will open one in Midwest City soon. The Tinker Lunch Crowd alone will keep them profitable.

My definition of eating local is eating at whatever is close by when I am hungry. I am not going to drive across town and wait 2 hours for a cheeseburger. My time, my gasoline and money are my most valuable assets. I don't like to waste any of them.

Obviously, there Is a lack of TacoTruX just outside The Tinker Gates.
    Does MWC require a permit to set up a BBQ grill?
    (outside of the State Burn Ban edicts?)
    And is that "Gathering Point/Convenience Store" not selling "Posada" burritos anymore?

Sorry . . .
    I haven't mastered the art of tweeting about Quality Foods . . .
    Yet I still feed the birds (seeds)

Maybe "5 Guys" Burgers could consider opening "down-scale convienient" venues involving "Fish"?
    With only three icons (not Manny Moe and Jack) . . .

Although I have trouble with the entire concept of "Non-Coastal Sushi" . . .
    (and raw fish in general).

[edited to change are to is in the first sentence)

20. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

Tuckers, Irma's are both far better than Five Guys & Smashburger.

It's just nice to have a new franchise that was once reserved for the East and West coast.

Sounds like we're mere days away from finally being able to get a good burger in OKC proper. From teh Twitters:

Joey Hughes ‏@joey_hughes

@Five_Guys When will either of the Oklahoma City locations be open???

Five Guys ‏@Five_Guys

Hi @joey_hughes! The Rockwell location is just a few days away from opening & hopefully Quail Springs will open before the end of summer.

I really do like 5 Guys, but I agree that Tucker's puts it to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I really do like 5 Guys, but I agree that Tucker's puts it to shame.
    for an onion burger i 100% agree ... but 5 guys is pretty darn good ..

25. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

We saw the sign for the 5 Guys on the NW Expressway today. Not sure exactly where they are going in on Memorial Road.

Thread Information