Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Guys

1. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers coming to Moore, OK

Default Re: Five Guys

okay I'm trying to figure out why everyone is whining about the price. Have you been to Carl's Jr. lately? I paid almost 9 dollars for a regular meal there the other day. Small fries and drink. So I think this is reasonable. I swear, everyone looks for something to complain about

I wouldn't say everyone looks for something to complain about. That implies its always the same people complaining. I think its more that there are always going to be some people who find something wrong. What I mean in, not everybody is going to the same things. There is always going to be someone who doesn't like whatever is being discussed (or at least can find some fault with it).

I also think that posts/comments that someone agrees with become uninteresting pretty quickly. So, if you think positively about something you're more likely to sort of skip over those positive comments. They don't say anything you don't already know and it constantly replying "I agree" doesn't make for interesting discussion. The negatives comments that you disagree with, though, will ping you louder and more often. You don't like the implication, intended or not, that your opinion may be invalid or incorrect; who wants to be contradicted or told they don't know what they're talking about? So, you pay more attention to those negative posts.

Those are my thoughts, anyway. Also, all the "you"s in there are meant in a general "you" sense and not intended to refer to anyone specifically.

Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers coming to Moore, OK

Thanks Steve!

If you want a cheap burger, go to McDonald's or Sonic, if you want something else then go somewhere else. I eat everything from McDonald's to a $15 burger at Bartlett's (like Charleston's, formerly a Houston's here in Austin) and the Bartlett's burger is by far one of the best in town. If you are that concerned about spending $6.00 instead of $9.00 there are plenty of cheaper options out there. I for one don't expect the same meal for $10.00 that I expect out of a $5.00 meal.

Quit whining about the cost of something and go somewhere else if it is out of your budget.

I'm a person who respects value. A small burger for $9.00+? Sure it's a double, but the patty is the size of a McDouble from McDonald's. I pay a premium price for items which I see a value to. For the same exact price, I can get a large burger from outback (or anywhere really), one side, and a coke. And I will be full. Or I can get a small McDouble from Five Guys, a side, and a drink for $9. And be hungry walking out the door. Terrible value.

Price isn't the factor, it's the satisfaction of the value I am receiving. For $9.00 I better have an 8oz burger, nice side of fries, and a coke. Not a Burger King quality meal.

7. Default Re: Five Guys

McD uses cheap meat. Not sure what kind they use. Not real burger meat.

Five Guys, I will bet they use real burger meat and that its thicker.

That's the smartest thing you've ever said Thunder.

9. Default Re: Five Guys

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    That's the smartest thing you've ever said Thunder.
    Thanks, I feel the love. :-D

Eaten at Five Guys in Florida. Atmosphere was nice. Value was terrible. Did not get my money's worth, even stopped by McDonald's on the way home because I was hungry, disappointed after spending $20 for a fast-food quality burger for a family member and myself, an order of fries, and 2 sodas.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Eaten at Five Guys in Florida. Atmosphere was nice. Value was terrible. Did not get my money's worth, even stopped by McDonald's on the way home because I was hungry, disappointed after spending $20 for a fast-food quality burger for a family member and myself, an order of fries, and 2 sodas.
    I find the value in Five Guys as excellent. The burgers are a nice size with "quality" tasting meat in addition to the toppings you can add at no cost. The fries are "fresh" cut and they give you a "huge" portion. Way to much to finish. I like quality over quantity myself and I feel that five guys is not expensive for what you get. Like others have said, if you do not want to pay for quality then Mickey D's or Burger King may be up other's alley.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    I'm a person who respects value. A small burger for $9.00+? Sure it's a double, but the patty is the size of a McDouble from McDonald's. I pay a premium price for items which I see a value to. For the same exact price, I can get a large burger from outback (or anywhere really), one side, and a coke. And I will be full. Or I can get a small McDouble from Five Guys, a side, and a drink for $9. And be hungry walking out the door. Terrible value.

Price isn't the factor, it's the satisfaction of the value I am receiving. For $9.00 I better have an 8oz burger, nice side of fries, and a coke. Not a Burger King quality meal.
    I've eaten a couple of times at the Five Guys here in Austin, it was nothing special to me so even if it was a 6.00 burger there are other places that I would rather go, it doesn't matter how much "value" there is in it to me it just isn't worth it. I have no plans on going back, there are too many other places cheap or expensive that are better here in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    opens on the 14th of this month
    That's a lot sooner than I expected!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    It is expensive... Over $9 just for a cheeseburger, fries and drink.

But, their standard burger is two patties, so you can get their "little" one for a dollar less. And the serving portion of regular fries is gigantic; easily split between two people. But if you're just buying for yourself, you don't have the option of a smaller order and smaller price.

They just opened one down the street from me and I was completely underwhelmed. The one advantage is that a big variety of toppings is included in the price (bacon is extra), but I've always thought the best burgers don't need to be smothered with other things. Also, I didn't think their fries were anything special.

Here's a menu from a location in Kansas, so pricing should be similar:

2.49 for a cup of fries in what appears to be an 8 oz. cup? I suggest patronizing the local guy, not the chain.

15. Default Re: Five Guys

Jersey Boss, I think that is the price for fries itself, which is not expensive. Don't forget the cost of the cup, employees, and bills.

As for the burgers, they all should auto include fries anyway.

2.49 for a cup of fries in what appears to be an 8 oz. cup?
    The regular-sized fries are actually a huge serving, as they stuff them into a cup then throw tons more into a bag.

Incidentally, everything they serve is presented in a paper bag. No distinction between stay and to-go orders. Also, no drive-through (at least in all the locations I've seen).

And BTW, I didn't intend my previous posts about price to be complaints. It's just that personally, for the money I prefer other options. And for about half the price, I still strongly prefer In-n-Out (which I realize is not an option in OK).

Still, lots of people love this place so the best thing to do is give it a try and see for yourself.

Also, no drive-through (at least in all the locations I've seen
    No drive-thru at the Austin locations that I know of either.

And BTW, I didn't intend my previous posts about price to be complaints. It's just that personally, for the money I prefer other options. And for about half the price, I still strongly prefer In-n-Out (which I realize is not an option in OK).

The Frisco (DFW) In-n-Out recently opened or is supposed to open soon. That would be the closest one.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    No drive-thru at the Austin locations that I know of either.
    Looked for one this morning and it doesn't appear to have a drive thru

I've been to Five Guys in multiple states and never seen a drive thru. It's not their gig. You Moore peeps should quit whining about the prices, if it's too pricey, don't patronize it. As of now, people from all over OKC will be spending tax dollars in Moore because it's the first Five Guys in the metro, and probably the state.

Won't see me complaining...Looking forward to it and like you said even though it's fast food it is nice to land the first one in the metro like Genghis

21. Default Re: Five Guys

They don't need a drive-thru... I never heard of people complaining Big Ed's didn't have a drive-thru.

22. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers coming to Moore, OK

Not ONE picture of their burgers or other food they serve ANYWHERE on the Five Guys website.

Bizarre.

The best burgers and fries of any national chain and better than most of the really good mom and pop places. I'm almost glad they're not building one too close to my home or office bc fighting off chick fil a is hard enough.

I just drove by on my way to Dan McGuinness and they look like they are about to open any minute now. Does anyone know if they are a locally owned franchise or a chain? The company I work for has quite a few of them as customers in other states so that makes me think they are have individual owners but does anyone know if that owners is in Oklahoma? Yes William, I am doing research but I'll also realistically eat at this restaurant probably 10x more than you..lol

It's a national chain, and the best of the chains IMO and to the guy who posted immediately before you.

Thread Information