Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rose Creek Plaza

Far North Rose Creek Plaza

Press release:

New Upscale Retail Development Coming to OKC
    Homeland Grocery Store Confirmed as First Tenant

Oklahoma City, Okla. – Jan. 26, 2022 – A new upscale mixed-use development is coming to Oklahoma City. Rose Creek Plaza, located on the northwest corner of NW 164th and May Avenue, will break ground in the first quarter of 2022.

Homeland (HAC Inc) is the first confirmed tenant for the new development. The new store will emphasize fresh meat, produce and deli similar to the location opened recently at 36th and Lincoln.

“We’re excited to bring our full-service grocery store to this first-class development and serve our customers in the Oklahoma City and Edmond area,” said Debbie Brown, CFO and acting CEO of HAC, Inc., “The store will offer a wide variety of fresh meal options for shoppers and will also serve as a gathering place for the community.

In addition to Homeland, the upscale retail area will include a town center, restaurants, boutiques, coffee shops and more. Bordered by Rose Creek in north Oklahoma City, the Rose Creek Plaza will span 27 acres, with over 220,000 square feet of mixed-use space for lease.

The new retail area is sponsored by Skybridge Development, a fully integrated development company headquartered in Oklahoma City.

“The vision for Rose Creek Plaza is to create a lifestyle destination, including a unique blend of national and local high-end retail, restaurants, services and entertainment,” said Steven Callendar, chief operating officer of Skybridge Development. “This development has been in the works for many years, and we’re excited to see it come to fruition.”

Robust amenities are planned for the area, including a waterway, fountains and valet parking. Located near the Rose Creek Country Club, the development will be accessible from the golf course with golf cart paths.

Homeland will break ground on the new store in the summer of 2022 and plans to open its doors to the public in the fall of 2023.

About Rose Creek Plaza: Located on the northwest corner of NW 164th Street and N May Avenue, Rose Creek Plaza will be a unique mixed-use lifestyle development in Oklahoma City. Rose Creek Plaza is positioned for a variety of high-end retail, dining and services.

For real estate inquiries, please contact Malek Massad, President, Skybridge Real Estate. 405-922-5464 | malek.massad@skybridgellc.com

About HAC, Inc.: HAC, Inc. grocery chain is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. HAC operates 80 grocery stores in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Georgia. HAC operates under multiple banners including Homeland, United, Cash Saver, Food World and Piggly Wiggly, Homeland is HAC’s largest banner as well as Oklahoma’s largest locally-owned grocery store chain with 34 locations statewide. Homeland has been 100 percent employee owned since 2011. The company traces its roots back to 1916 when the first United Supermarket was opened. http://hacretail.com/

Default Re: Rose Creek Plaza

Good development but that cul de sac should connect through.

Under their new leadership, Homeland continues to impress.

This should be a very nice store and I'm sure the surrounding center will be done well.

Would love to see more Homelands around. I would gladly give them my business if they were anywhere near my home (Penn Square area).

This is great news, along with the tentatively planned Walmart NM at 178th and May and a grocery store potentially at 178th and Portland (Portland Power Center). Given the demographics of the area, this Homeland will do great. I only wish it could be built quicker, Fall 2023 can't get here soon enough.

If it's anything like their new store on Lincoln, people out that way are going to be very happy.

I know there is this constant drumbeat about the lowest prices, but there are people (like me) who gladly pay a bit more for a nice store with quality prepared foods and a good deli.

Great to see our two locals -- Homeland and Crest -- stepping up their game.

That's a long time coming for that area. On a side note, after moving to Oklahoma City in 2013, I did a lot of driving around to see the city. I ended up at this intersection and was amazed at the ocean of newer houses west of May.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If it's anything like their new store on Lincoln, people out that way are going to be very happy.

I know there is this constant drumbeat about the lowest prices, but there are people (like me) who gladly pay a bit more for a nice store with quality prepared foods and a good deli.

Great to see our two locals -- Homeland and Crest -- stepping up their game.
    Homeland is not a store I ever considered for NW 164th or NW 178th & May, but I'm quite happy with this news. I worked for Homeland for 7.5 years but haven't been in one for many years, although my wife says the newer ones are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    That's a long time coming for that area. On a side note, after moving to Oklahoma City in 2013, I did a lot of driving around to see the city. I ended up at this intersection and was amazed at the ocean of newer houses west of May.
    The schools can't keep up, I was told at one time the Deer Creek school board/administration asked Taber, Beacon, Ideal, and the other big builders in this area of NW OKC to slooooow down on new construction. You can guess how that request went.

This Homeland will be great, considering so many older Homeland's closed over the past few years in the vicinity of where this one was being built.

Edmond Road and Santa Fe (Now Salvation Army and Planet Fitness)
    122nd and May (Still vacant?)
    33rd and Broadway (Now Homegoods)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Good development but that cul de sac should connect through.
    To the gated community that has a security guard entrance ?

No

Fox 25 rushing to be the first station to steal from OKCTalk:

https://okcfox.com/news/local/new-pl...-coming-to-okc

A construction office trailer was placed onsite yesterday, so I assume land work will start in the very near future.

There are plans for a Chick-Fil-A to go here as well, and they have several LOIs in place too. Should be a nice development for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    There are plans for a Chick-Fil-A to go here as well, and they have several LOIs in place too. Should be a nice development for the area.
    yep interest has been very very high for this development ....

Gettin' busy:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Gettin' busy:

For those who don't live in that area, that photo really distorts the North-South axis of that lot. It's a lot bigger than it looks in this picture.

I do hope they keep a greenbelt between the development and NW 164th. I drive by it every day and so far, it looks like that will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    For those who don't live in that area, that photo really distorts the North-South axis of that lot. It's a lot bigger than it looks in this picture.

I do hope they keep a greenbelt between the development and NW 164th. I drive by it every day and so far, it looks like that will be the case.
    The plot map shows most of those trees probably will be remaining. There will be lots fronting 164th but the trees will remain in tact behind most of the lots

Will the developer or City be adding dedicated center turn lanes and right turn inlets on May?

Just up the street the new Starbucks and 7-Eleven are built right at the intersection and so far no improvements to aid in traffic flow in and out of the center.

Me again. My 2 cents. I wish they would call it Rose Creek. Leave out the Plaza. Sounds dated.

I believe Rose Creek is the name of the neighborhood around Rose Creek Golf Club just to the north.

They have now taken down all of the trees (shown in the picture directly above) along the South edge of the project, along NW 164th. That's too bad, I was hoping they would incorporate them into the overall design.

HangryHippo Guest

They have now taken down all of the trees (shown in the picture directly above) along the South edge of the project, along NW 164th. That's too bad, I was hoping they would incorporate them into the overall design.
    It’s the Oklahoma way to just wipe them.

Most of those appear to be cedar trees. They are an invasive species and generally considered to be a high fire hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    It’s the Oklahoma way to just wipe them.
    And that is a good thing with those kind of trees.

https://reddirtramblings.com/the-redcedar-menace/

The eastern red cedar is actual not a bad urban tree. It is a native evergreen that can easily withstand the Oklahoma climate and provides wildlife habitat. They also live for a very long time. Granted, they are not the best looking tree when young, but the older ones are gorgeous. Many of the homes in Heritage Hills use the eastern red cedar as a landscaping tree.

In rural areas, they are a problem because of poor land management. Used to, wildfires kept them out of grasslands because they catch fire easy. But since wildfires were aggressively suppressed for over a century, it has allowed this pioneer species to overtake other species.

A weed is just a plant in the wrong place. We should be grateful we have a native tree species that requires nearly no maintenance when used appropriately.

Thread Information