Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder's Shack

Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Are you selling much?

Thunder, regarding a printer: walmart has a canon printer/copier/scanner for $32. I picked one up a few days ago, works great & was cheaper than new ink for the old printer lol. Good luck with your shop!

3. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Sells good.

Thanks on the printer, I'll check it out.

4. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Guys, I want to know which is better...

Thunder's Paradise

or

Thunder's Shack

I started to think more on Thunder's Shack yesterday, because of what USG is going to build for me and I just figured that the term, Shack, is more general to include other products that may not be in relation to tropical theme.

Thunder Ware

6. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thunder Ware
    Or Thunderstruck and set up shock device within the doorway and watch the customers' hair go straight up. :-)

I like Matt's suggestion. LOL

Are you not going to work at Crest anymore Thunder?

9. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie40 View Post
    Are you not going to work at Crest anymore Thunder?
    I will one day. You tipped me very generously. :-)

Thunder ware

11. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Beg...Pecan/13044839

I am going with this desk. The shelves is for the aquarium decors and supplies.

Do you have seahorses in your tank?

13. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Do you have seahorses in your tank?
    I'm going with Goldfish. No sense to have saltwater when I'm not there during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I will one day. You tipped me very generously. :-)
    I have never seen you before Thunder or shopped in MWC

15. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie40 View Post
    I have never seen you before Thunder or shopped in MWC
    That is a sad story. :-(

16. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

I'm naming it the Thunder's Shack. (Can a Mod change the title, please?)

I bought 3 packages of the LED Rope Lights (White) at Walmart for about $15 each. There was no indication of what white color as I looked over the package. What I wanted was Warm White, but these are very bright Clear White and its no match for my store.

So, if anyone have any to trade? I paid $15 each plus tax. They must all be working and have every bulb fully lit.

Or if you know where I can find some, post here, please.

I am going to go to the store (Friday) and start painting the peg boards. It should be completely dry by Saturday.

Curious... What is the standard size do everyone on here consider for those blanket throws? I am making one now and it be a square, so I am not sure what point I should start going down to complete. The blanket is being worked diagonally to widest width, then back down to complete.

Make your throw at least 60 inches long. Most people want to cover up their shoulders and their feet if they are napping on the couch.
    Good luck with your business!

18. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Just got done painting the best that I could with the headache and returning dental infection.

I want the next booth, so I'm going to speak with the owner about holding it for me with detailed plan for it in exchange to do the flea market's web site, since its outdated and no one seem to be working on it for a long time.

There was this guy up there that I have not seen before (I guess he's a boss/manager, too) and he approached me, giving me this thick wholesalers magazine listing a whole bunch of places and online site. I found a couple of interesting things, so I am going to expand into the next booth.

USG, I want a window sawed out on the south wall and fix it up to look like a see-thru window and cute fences for the next booth. It will be like the backyard to the shack. First, I will see what I can work on with the owner.

Do you sell coconut bras for the ladies? Are you selling a lot of palm trees? Seems like your spending a bunch on the front end of things.

Will the window idea affect what we have planned? I hope I can get to it next weekend.

21. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by USG'60 View Post
    Will the window idea affect what we have planned? I hope I can get to it next weekend.
    Nope, it will not affect anything. It will be the wall where my desk is up against. There are peg boards on both sides, my booth and the next, so some sort of wooden framing surrounding the window see-thru will have to be done to make it look nice, that way I will keep constant watch on that booth.

What I'm planning to sell there is those popular heavy blankets with all sort of pictured designs on them, so that means most of them will be in the bags piled up along all sides and some new support beams going across the center, so that I can put up poles across (maybe shower rods) to hang some of the blankets for the customers to feel.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Do you sell coconut bras for the ladies? Are you selling a lot of palm trees? Seems like your spending a bunch on the front end of things.
    You'll have to get serious in the discussions, because you seem to be posting weird ways lately. Startup costs are always expensive when starting out and it takes time to grow, etc.

Just a few steps away, there will be a new snack bar where this lady is relocating to from the section of the massive building where a swap meet portion moved into, so she is working on relocating to where I am and the traffic to the additional section Golden Goose recently expanded will increase.

You should create a Facebook page for you business and spread the word!

23. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by therondo View Post
    You should create a Facebook page for you business and spread the word!
    I do the advertising stuff later. When I feel its ready.

24. Default Re: Thunder's Paradise

Change of plan.

The owner offered me to move into a bigger booth next to a new snack bar at same price. From 8x12 to 13x14. I accepted. Plus there are additional spaces surrounding it that I can use. He offered to expand the walls, but I said to leave it and I can decide how I want to use the surrounding spaces.

USG, the width of the storefront will be 14' instead of 12', but that is okay since we can just add wood panels on the side, so no worries. Unless you are able to adjust, but we will discuss and look it over next time you come to visit.

For now, they will clear it out and then I will paint all over and put in new tiles before moving over.

He will discuss with other managers about me doing the web site for them and he said that they had traded booth rent for web site in the past.

Ok, I am on hold. FWIW, it would be cheaper to buy one more sheet of corrigated tin roofing at $18 per sheet than to make up the difference with wood. This increase would probably raise the materials total by 50 bucks.

Thread Information