Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnnie's

1. Multiple Locations Johnnie's

For all the Johnnie's fans out there - $14 worth of food for only $7.

http://gr.pn/gG35Kx

MadMonk Guest

Default Re: Johnie's Charcoal Broiler Groupon! $14 for $7!!!!!!!

Wow, when I bought mine this morning, only a little over 500 were sold. It's now closing in on 5,000!

Got mine too, thanks!

Seems like they have had some pretty good deals lately. Lotsa Noodles, Jamils, etc.

If I go to some casual low dollar place I dont want to be sitting next to some non-coupon draggin the elite. No thanks!

MadMonk Guest

Better stay away from Johnnie's if coupon users offend you. Over 6,400 sold so far today.

Yum, got mine!

Almost 11,000 sold that day, unfortunately, I forgot to buy mine.

I got mine and plan to use it on Sunday.

Default Re: Johnnie's

The location on S Western has signs on the door, closed due to Fire.

Wonder when that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    The location on S Western has signs on the door, closed due to Fire.

Wonder when that happened?
    Their Facebook has a post from Sept. 29th saying it would be closed for remodeling because of a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Their Facebook has a post from Sept. 29th saying it would be closed for remodeling because of a fire.
    oh, not sure I agree with that. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Thanks. I am glad they are doing a remodel too. Was like stepping into a time machine going in there, could use a refresh.

Thanks. I am glad they are doing a remodel too. Was like stepping into a time machine going in there, could use a refresh.
    I agree. I went in that location once back in 2012 and it looked exactly the same as I remembered it in 1998.

Agree. That is the location we visit the most. It needs an update. The one on Britton is looking pretty good these days.

Johnnie's has a sign up that they will reopen on the 29th. South OKC location.

I love Johnnie's.

I really like Johnnie's too. It's close to the house and I've NEVER been disappointed in the quality of the burgers and fries. I wish that they had kept the Gelato thing going, but, oh well. (it was fantastic). If Sean Cummings decides to reopen his pub in that little place between Johnnie's and ZT's Cigars (the former KC BBQ etc.) I wonder if some parking thing could be worked out with the fine folks at Johnnie's . . .

Their onion rings are pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Their onion rings are pretty great.
    Not like they used to be, IMO. Too much/too thick onion. Irma's are way better, according to both me and the wife.

Landmark building on NW Expressway to give way to new Johnnie's and Del Taco

Many remember Molly Murphy's, the heavily themed restaurant on south Meridian that featured waiters in character and a 'salad car' made from a vintage Jaquar automobile.

In the early 1980's with a second location in Tulsa and lines out the door, proprietor Bob Tayar decided to try something new: a huge Mexican restaurant with elaborate décor on what was then the outskirts of growing Northwest Oklahoma City.

Tayar opened TaMolly's on NW Expressway near Rockwell in March of 1982 in more than 10,000 square feet of expensively construtcted space, including an elaborate tile roof. Even before opening, there were legal squablings between Tayar and the property owner and landlord.

TaMolly's lasted only a year and a half before Tayar tried another restaurant concept, Bobby Lee's, which in turn failed after a mere 3 months.

Soon thereafter the building became an elaborate nightclub named City Lites and with the local economy reeling from a depressed oil and gas market, the elaborate tile roof was repossessed and the building ultimately fell back into the hands of Liberty Bank in 1990.

In 1992 Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler stepped in and bought the property, opened a new location and made some of the excess space into coroporate headquarters for their growing enterprise.

After 25 years, Johnnie's closed at that location on May 31st after selling the entire property to a developer who is planning to build a new, modern Johnnie's on the site while also constructing a Del Taco to the west.

Johnnie's had recently moved it's offices to an office park near 15th and Kelly in Edmond.

At 1.85 acres there is plenty of room for a new 5,300 square foot Johnnies with a drive-thru and the 7th Oklahoma location for the California fast food restaurant chain that recently entered the market.

With locations in Norman, Moore, Edmond, Yukon and West Oklahoma City, Del Taco is set to open very soon at 6161 N. May on the site of the former Dot Wo restaurant. Construction is complete and signs at the property indicate staff training is in process.

The building at 6629 NW Expressway is being emptied and demolition will soon start, followed closely by the new construction.

Johnnie's CEO Rick Haynes told OKCTalk the new location will be very similar to the Johnnies just opened in Yukon, with a community meeting room and a drive-thru as well as a large dining area.

Haynes said they have many loyal customers that have been patronizing the NW Expressway for years and they hope to reopen by the spring of 2019 with a new, improved dining experience. Haynes also mentioned that the old building was far too large for their needs and not built for their specific purpose.

The move is part of a larger expansion by Johnnie's, which will open a full restaurant at 2305 S. Telephone Rd. in Moore this July, followed by an Express location (smaller footprint but also serving breakfast) at 6825 SE 29th in Midwest City this fall.

Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler dates back to 1971 and their first location on Britton Road. With the addtion of Moore and Midwest City, the company will have 10 restaurants in Central Oklahoma.

Video of old building on NW Expressway being razed:

https://www.facebook.com/johnniesok/...5982629759822/

23. Default Re: Johnnie's

We used to get food from Johnnies at least once a week. I love their broiled chicken salads. But the thing I liked the best was their homemade French dressing. I have eaten those salads with that dressing since I was in high school. All of a sudden they quit making the French dressing. The salad just isn't the same without it. I hate when restaurants change up things, and the item you really like is deleted and you can't get it anywhere else.

If you're partial to food from the Johnnie's on Britton Rd., better get in there before they close Sunday evening. They're going to renovate that location starting Monday, September 23, hoping to reopen in conjunction with the completion of the boondoggle road construction on Britton Rd. between May and Penn, planned for November. Nobody's actually given us Village folk a year to go with that month - everyone's assuming 2019 - but I can only pray.

Quote Originally Posted by jennydahl View Post
    If you're partial to food from the Johnnie's on Britton Rd., better get in there before they close Sunday evening. They're going to renovate that location starting Monday, September 23, hoping to reopen in conjunction with the completion of the boondoggle road construction on Britton Rd. between May and Penn, planned for November. Nobody's actually given us Village folk a year to go with that month - everyone's assuming 2019 - but I can only pray.
    We’ve said November 2019 since the beginning. The latest update I was given was mid-November for completion. We are receiving a project update from ODOT and the contractor today.

Thread Information