Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hibachi Supreme Buffet

1. Default Hibachi Supreme Buffet

Has anyone been to
    Hibachi Supreme Buffet on I240 on the southside of OKC? I love Japanese food and was wondering if it is any good. I would love to hear some reviews.

Default Re: Hibachi Supreme Buffet

Folks visiting urbanspoon give it a 100% like. However, that's from a total of 3 votes so take it at face value.

I haven't been to UrbanSpoon to vote regarding it, but myself and another couple went for a visit on their opening night. We thought the food was inferior. Their hibachi grill pales in comparison to Genghis Grill in Moore, which is not too far from there. Some of the other dishes were cold (and should have been hot). I have been to far better Chinese buffets, and I do not recommend this place. In fact, we will not be going back.

York didn't last long at all so I fully expect this concept to go down in flames as well since it seems they are just throwing in a hibachi grill

York went out of business? That's really surprising, I always thought their food and variety were pretty good by buffet standards.

I thought it was ok as well but most Okies would rather hit the Golden Corral across the highway

tried it yesterday... not bad as far as buffets go. -M

China King is good. Sumo has some good hibachi chicken. It's a place off Broadway in Edmond. Not to expensive and they make it in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    Has anyone been to
    Hibachi Supreme Buffet on I240 on the southside of OKC? I love Japanese food and was wondering if it is any good. I would love to hear some reviews.
    they have a huge sushi bar with all kind of sushi. and all you can eat baby back ribs. even at lunch. you can't do wrong with $6.99 lunch $9.29 dinner. you must try ( I repeat you must try )their "flaming banana from the grill.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    I haven't been to UrbanSpoon to vote regarding it, but myself and another couple went for a visit on their opening night. We thought the food was inferior. Their hibachi grill pales in comparison to Genghis Grill in Moore, which is not too far from there. Some of the other dishes were cold (and should have been hot). I have been to far better Chinese buffets, and I do not recommend this place. In fact, we will not be going back.
    I was there the second night,the place was packed.the food and service were good.I was told they will have the Peking duck on the weekend starting this week, guess where we will go for dinner tomorrow? honestly is unfair to compare them "$" to Genghis "$$" or Sumo/shogun "$$$"

Quote Originally Posted by DrS View Post
    China King is good. Sumo has some good hibachi chicken. It's a place off Broadway in Edmond. Not to expensive and they make it in front of you.
    if you think China king is good you should try this one out!

10. Default Re: Hibachi Supreme Buffet

We tried it last night and they have a lot to choose from. The food was really good. The peel and eat shrimp could have been colder, but we liked the food a lot and the prices weren't bad. We haven't tried Sumo, but have eaten at China King. We will definitely go back again.

Had lunch there today and boy were we surprised. The inside looks extremely nice and the food was great. I would highly recommend it to anyone else.

To each his own i guess, but this place in no way stands out from any other "chinese" buffet IMO. Spicy dishes are in no way spicy, mystery meat, cold food that should be hot, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Heel View Post
    To each his own i guess, but this place in no way stands out from any other "chinese" buffet IMO. Spicy dishes are in no way spicy, mystery meat, cold food that should be hot, etc.
    Totally agree, I make it a point to avoid any place that has "buffet" in/on the menu.

Thread Information