Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RADBAR (formerly Saints)

Default Re: Saint's Irish Pub - Plaza District

is it really open now? I thought the Friday May 13 was just a "soft opening" during LIVE on the plaza ...

We went on Friday for dinner. They said due to some delays with their licenses they would only be serving snacks. We were hungry so went somewhere else. Hope it will be worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by rondvu View Post
    We went on Friday for dinner. They said due to some delays with their licenses they would only be serving snacks. We were hungry so went somewhere else. Hope it will be worth the wait.
    Why not just wait to open until you have everything ready? Not "whining", but truly curious about why places do this kind of stuff, can't understand how they think when they do this - it'd be like opening up an ice cream store, but because you don't have your freezers in place, all you can do is serve freeze-dried "ice cream snacks".

OPENING WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1ST per ad in Gazette this week!

I think the opening last month, without any real food was just a teaser for the Live on the Plaza crowd.

I hope they have TVs we plan to watch the Belmont races next saturday

Has anyone gone? Review? Whats the TV situation? Thanks.

Went last night. Big fan. Something OKC did not have. Really good laid back vibe. Food was really good and at a good price point. $7 for all appetizers and $11 for all entrees. Have one big screen tv up in the corner, so a good place to watch a game you dont care that much about or just a random regular season thunder game. Probably want to stick with Republic for Sundays at noon. Overall, I had a good experience. Will go back for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Went last night. Big fan. Something OKC did not have. Really good laid back vibe. Food was really good and at a good price point. $7 for all appetizers and $11 for all entrees. Have one big screen tv up in the corner, so a good place to watch a game you dont care that much about or just a random regular season thunder game. Probably want to stick with Republic for Sundays at noon. Overall, I had a good experience. Will go back for sure.
    I guess if all appetizers and entrees are the same price that's not bad. I normally wouldn't consider a $7 appetizer or an $11 dollar entree to be anything to get excited about though. Most places have items less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I guess if all appetizers and entrees are the same price that's not bad. I normally wouldn't consider a $7 appetizer or an $11 dollar entree to be anything to get excited about though. Most places have items less than that.
    Not sure where you are eating but an $11 entree at a good restaurant is a solid deal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Not sure where you are eating but an $11 entree at a good restaurant is a solid deal imo.
    I eat at many very acceptible restaurants that have some good lower priced entrees. I didn't say it was a terrible price but it's not anything to get excited about.

Just got back from Saint's. I found good beer, good food and good service. They were out of some items. Being in the food industry I know that's not unusual for the opening week. It shows they've had a good run of business and will learn to adjust their order. Talked to a few people today who stopped in to check it out because of comments from their friends. Not a shabby way to get things started. OH, btw they said they would be getting Coop DNR soon. Things are definitely looking up for this part of the city!

Went last night for some drinks...16th and Blackwelder area has come a long way and is now pretty trendy

Pretty cool place with around 10 beers on tap and 25 or so in bottles...We had dinner before so I can't vouch for the food but we liked the laid back vibe so will certainly be back

I ate there last week and liked the food. No Coop F5 unfortunately, which is my summer favorite, but my beer was good. I had the grilled cheese sandwich, because it intrigued me, and it definitely had a Great Britain look and taste to it. I've never been to Ireland so I don't know how Irish it was, but it was excellent. My husband had the mustard grilled chicken and said it was very good. The rosemary potatoes were yummy too. All in all, a very good dinner and we will definitely go there again.

Coop F5 was there today. I like the place. Friendly staff, nice bar, but I didn't eat. I told the owner about the prices and he did point out that all prices include taxes and a gentleman sitting next to me said he paid over $7.00 at McDonald's. I would much rather spend $11.00 there since I haven't eaten at a fast food place since the late seventies and there are a lot of (too) long stories that I won't go into about that. I will eat there, today just wasn't the day.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I ate there last week and liked the food. No Coop F5 unfortunately, which is my summer favorite, but my beer was good. I had the grilled cheese sandwich, because it intrigued me, and it definitely had a Great Britain look and taste to it. I've never been to Ireland so I don't know how Irish it was, but it was excellent. My husband had the mustard grilled chicken and said it was very good. The rosemary potatoes were yummy too. All in all, a very good dinner and we will definitely go there again.

I meant to mention, the imported beer was $5.00, a dollar cheaper than the places on Memorial row, the OKC Thunder excluded, they are fairly inexpensive.
    C. T.

Are they closed? I went by at 1:00 and the door was locked. No sign to say what was going on.
    C. T.

Saints is closed on Mondays:

Tues - Sat: 11:00 am - 2:00 am
    Sun: 2:00 pm - 2:00 am

http://www.saintsplaza.com/

17. Default Re: Saint's Irish Pub - Plaza District

I believe they are closed on Mondays.

I think I remember someone saying they were closed on Mondays. OH well, my 67 year old brain couldn't handle it.
    Thanks, I will go by again this week some time. Now, how is it that someone living in California has to tell me this?
    C. T.

19. Default Re: Saint's Irish Pub - Plaza District

I'm going to try it once the reviews on Urban Spoon start getting consistently better.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/15978...-Oklahoma-City

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I'm going to try it once the reviews on Urban Spoon start getting consistently better.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/15978...-Oklahoma-City
    That's strange, seeing how many times you have gone to a new restaurant immediately after it opens before there are any reviews to read. You should go though, it seems like your style in that it's relatively healthy (nothing is fried) and reasonably priced IMO.

21. Default Re: Saint's Irish Pub - Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    That's strange, seeing how many times you have gone to a new restaurant immediately after it opens before there are any reviews to read. You should go though, it seems like your style in that it's relatively healthy (nothing is fried) and reasonably priced IMO.
    Not 'strange' at all. You're simply making assumptions about me with very limited information and without applying common sense. Certainly I try some new restaurants as soon as they open and I often review them here. However, its only common sense that there are literally hundreds of restaurants in the OKC and surrounding areas that I've never eaten at. When you factor that in, then it isn't 'strange' at all that I'm waiting to try Saint's. Additionally, I often pass on restaurants that have been open long enough to have a low review score or consistent complaints - One reason I never ate at sauced.

While I don't give a lot of credit to reviewers (considering reviewers recently voted Cattleman's as 'Best Steaks' and Flattire as 'best Edmond restaurant' again in the Gazette) but their reviews are virtually always about bad service and mediocre food.

Default Re: Saints

I was here recently and I noticed a game similar to shuffleboard in that it was a slick wood surface with sawdust trimmings on it but it was shaped like the letter A without the bar. Anyone know this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe its just called Corner Shuffle board.. basically a bit of a space saver and adds an element to the game.

It was more V shaped but the bottom if the V was the far end. That is L shaped. I should have snapped a pic of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information