Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 5320 Signs around OKC?

Default 5320 Signs around OKC?

Any guesses to what this means?

Their twitter @whatis5320 says they will reveal the answer Feb.15th of this year.
    http://twitter.com/Whatis5320
    Two guesses after some preliminary research:

The signs look similar to the Devon logo.. hum..

Question 5320 has something to do with the an ATF questionnaire, so I was wondering if this might be a campaign to bring the “Open Carry” law to Oklahoma.

Nevertheless, all still guesses.

Debate!

Default Re: 5320 Signs arouns OKC?

Those signs are also all over Tulsa. . . I have been wondering what they are myself.

I was fixing to post the same thing. It does look similar to the Devon logo.

4. Default Re: 5320 Signs arouns OKC?

All I've got to say is that if the best your marketing dollars could do is the same tired old "guess who we are" campaign, then you've got no originality in your business plan. Has this ever worked for a company or campaign in the last decade?

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    All I've got to say is that if the best your marketing dollars could do is the same tired old "guess who we are" campaign, then you've got no originality in your business plan. Has this ever worked for a company or campaign in the last decade?
    Yes

6. Default Re: 5320 Signs arouns OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    We're talking about it on a message board, aren't we? Id' say that's precisely the type of response they were going for?

You might be too busy being snarky and combative to admit that, though. Don't threadjack with negativity. If OklahomaNick is curious, why can't he be without your jaded opinion?

7. Default Re: 5320 Signs arouns OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yes
    Who?

8. Default Re: 5320 Signs arouns OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    We're talking about it on a message board, aren't we? Id' say that's precisely the type of response they were going for?
    It takes far less than that to get mentioned on an Internet forum.

Blog Entries

Internet boards jump on anything that moves. Shoot, the people who create campaigns like this even often incubate the chatter on the boards and social media themselves...posing as one of us is good entry. The question is does it create positive chatter among the public who is the market. These type campaigns often just annoy people when done ham handedly. I agree that it is a tired old method rarely used by more sophisticated marketers and when they do it is usually very cleverly disguised.

FWIW, I heard several radio spots for 5320 this morning. Then again, I guess I'm a secretly planted shill for the tired old marketers who were too stupid to think of anything more clever !)

11. Default Re: 5320 Signs arouns OKC?

12. Default Re: 5320 Signs arouns OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    FWIW, I heard several radio spots for 5320 this morning. Then again, I guess I'm a secretly planted shill for the tired old marketers who were too stupid to think of anything more clever !)
    I don't doubt for a minute that these campaigns generate some buzz. I mean, as soon as I saw the title for this thread I knew exactly what was being discussed. However, getting people to chit chat about something is a far cry from the campaign generating enough revenue to cover the campaign cost, generate good will and make a profit.

I'd love to say that it's the name of a new restaurant or club concept (5320 North Western, for example), but if so, they are putting insome MAJOR bucks in marketing.

I doubt a political movement/campaign would be on beer coasters... but who knows?

It's got to be something pretty dang cool and exciting to start generating this kind of buzz.

Egads! It's just like driving behind someone with an ambiguous vanity plate only he/she understands. Really? You spent extra money for a joke only you get? Oops, I seem to have gotten off topic, sorry...

The last time I remember this type of promotion being done in OKC was for St Anthonys ER. I obviously have no idea how successful it was

16. Default Re: 5320 Signs arouns OKC?

I do recall the now late Mark Shannon commenting how bizarre it was for him to see "The End is Near" sign as he was in his last weeks of life.

Their website says to check back on February 15th for details.

Could it have anything to do with the Oklahoma Health Improvement Plan? In their statistics they state that 5320 lives a year would be saved by living healthier.

http://www.ok.gov/health/documents/OHIP-viewing.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    Could it have anything to do with the Oklahoma Health Improvement Plan? In their statistics they state that 5320 lives a year would be saved by living healthier.

You may be on to something.

It's certainly in line with a tweet I saw by the @whatis5820 twitter account in response to another tweeter.

The tweeter asked: "5320 miles of sidewalks?"

@whatis5320 replied: "No, but you're getting warmer. Lives will be changed."

Interesting.

I bet it is a new church.

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    You may be on to something.

It's certainly in line with a tweet I saw by the @whatis5820 twitter account in response to another tweeter.

The tweeter asked: "5320 miles of sidewalks?"

@whatis5320 replied: "You're getting warmer."

Interesting.
    Except for this is 5320, not 5820.

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post

Unless it is all one huge PSA to fill otherwise dead space, I hope it isn't govt. backed. Not in light of yet another multi-hundred million projected funding shortfall for the coming FY, let alone the existing one where a big chunk of the shortage was made up by sending workers home from 1-4 days a month on unpaid leave

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Except for this is 5320, not 5820.
    Typo schmypo. Corrected.

24. Default Re: 5320 Signs arouns OKC?

Tim Berney knows. As does Steven Schwartz, Steve Sturges and Shannon Porter. Not to mention probably most everyone else at VI Marketing & Branding (Visual Image). They are the agency behind the campaign. Guys, private registration, private registration, private registration - it's about $8 extra per domain name. It's worth it for people to not know who's behind the ad campaign; makes the mystery more mysterious.

5,320 feet is the length of the soon-to-be announced street course in the adventure district.

just a guess

Thread Information