Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Casa Perico

Default Re: Casa Perico

Good for those on the southside that like completely mediocre Tex-Mex, which is what it is now, can't have enough of those places in OKC, apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They will be opening a new location at 2916 SW 59th, which used to be a Pizza Inn.

It's an out-parcel just west of May in front of the Almonte Shopping Center.

I may not be that Guy Ferrari Dude on Food Network . . . Yet, I am a Genuine Hobby Cook, and I've never had a bad meal at Casa Perico. Never. Not once. Of course, my SweetHeart and I live closer to the 122nd and Penn location. Just south of The Intersection From Hell. So . . . Anyways, Pete . . . It's always good to know that a sense of appreciation for local cuisine still exists. Isn't it? Sorry . . . Ain't it? =~)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Good for those on the southside that like completely mediocre Tex-Mex, which is what it is now, can't have enough of those places in OKC, apparently...
    Did I just detect a trace of "Elitism" there? (nah . . . that ain't it. =~)

We like casa perico but never go as there are a couple good places on south side. Will be in the mix now.

Looks like Casa Perico is taking the old Jimmy's Egg spot on May just north of Hefner. This would be their 4th location, although the one close near 122nd & Penn seems very close... Wonder if they'll close that one.

Hopefully they stick after Taco Cabana, Pink Parrot, Wheelhouse Pizza then Jimmy's Egg.

Looks like Casa Perico is taking the old Jimmy's Egg spot on May just north of Hefner. This would be their 4th location, although the one close near 122nd & Penn seems very close... Wonder if they'll close that one.

Hopefully they stick after Taco Cabana, Pink Parrot, Wheelhouse Pizza then Jimmy's Egg.
    I reread all the posts in this thread and saw how much you raved about the 63rd St location. Have you been back much since your move here? If so, does it still hold up? I have been once and really enjoyed it. Totally forgot about to ask about the habanero salsa in the skillet. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    I reread all the posts in this thread and saw how much you raved about the 63rd St location. Have you been back much since your move here? If so, does it still hold up? I have been once and really enjoyed it. Totally forgot about to ask about the habanero salsa in the skillet. SMH
    It's pretty typical Okie/Mex but that habanero salsa is more than worth the trip.

I don't go that often because I really cut way back on eating out starting with the pandemic followed by crazy inflation.

I did eat at Jones Assembly Saturday night and really enjoyed it, as always.

Eat there once every other week or so. Love the Carnitas De Puerco or Carne Asada and the different side options besides rice/beans. The food is good and the service is quick and attentive that is why we go there so much.

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    It's in our regular rotation. It's reliably good and so charming and homey. It's like dining in someone's home.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It's in our regular rotation. It's reliably good and so charming and homey. It's like dining in someone's home.
    I have strong personal attachment to the building because I grew up just to the west and it was a Braum's back in the day, and the greatest treat in the world was the rare occasion where we got to go and get a hot fudge sundae.

I have strong personal attachment to the building because I grew up just to the west and it was a Braum's back in the day, and the greatest treat in the world was the rare occasion where we got to go and get a hot fudge sundae.
    and right next door to Booton's Nursery. . a great plant place!!

I visit 2 of their locations regularly, and find the food very consistent between the two. Looking forward to the Hefner and May location, since it will be even closer to my house.

Casa Perico NW 63rd west of Meridian is my favorite Tex-Mex in OKC. We've been known to take-out 2 days in a row. What makes it special are the vegetarian options and wide variety of side dishes, not just rice & refried beans. Don't get me wrong, the rice and beans are fine, but if I get double sauteed vegetables instead of r&b this guarantees a second meal the following day.

You sold me on charming and homey. Those really are the best types of places. Not fancy but they just hit the right spot.

Hoping they can make the May location work. It has been quite the restaurant black hole(I still miss Taco Cabana...)

Quote Originally Posted by bdew View Post
    Casa Perico NW 63rd west of Meridian is my favorite Tex-Mex in OKC. We've been known to take-out 2 days in a row. What makes it special are the vegetarian options and wide variety of side dishes, not just rice & refried beans. Don't get me wrong, the rice and beans are fine, but if I get double sauteed vegetables instead of r&b this guarantees a second meal the following day.
    Make sure and try the papas once, if you haven't. Delicious fried potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Make sure and try the papas once, if you haven't. Delicious fried potatoes.
    The papas rancheras and the Mexican corn every time with my meals.

Favorite restaurant? Far from it, however it's our favorite Okie-Tex-Mex in the metro. They offer consistently good service. I love their carne asida dish, their papas, and their salsa; fajita's are super good and very generous portions. I'm especially in love with their refried beans. We've been concerned with the location there on 122nd and Penn as it's literally been crumbling apart. We've assumed the landlord doesn't want them there because they've had one of those portable AC machines blowing in there for almost a year it seems. I'm assuming with it being so close they're leaving that shopping center for the new May location, do we know?

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I'm assuming with it being so close they're leaving that shopping center for the new May location, do we know?
    We don't know for sure but that almost has to be the case.

Casa Perico has another location in downtown Yukon.

Thread Information