Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Prostitution In OKC

1. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Another sign that our "big league city" is strapped for cash.
    And no they wouldnt take it away for doing 10 over but 11 over yes......
    Has little to do with cash. The impound fee will go to the impound lot owner. There is a police impound lot on Robinson, but it is privately owned.

2. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Considering that people are arrested every day for having sex and paying for sex, the police will not lose the opportunity to steal their cars. Now in all future Brian's videos catching people in the act, all the vehicles in his videos will most likely be stolen by the police and auctioned off for cold, hard cash. So, yeah, its going to be enforced each and every time someone gets busted.
    People are not arrested "every day." Prostitution arrests are few and far between. Also, the car is only impounded for 90-days. If the person can afford to get it back out then they can have it back. Also, if the car belongs to someone else, they can appeal to get it back without cost.

Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

I am sure it is based on detective novels I've read but I was always under the impression that they busted hookers right and left. Huh. The things you learn! Come to think of it, I personally never was aware of a court case involving hookers. Maybe they just fine them and send them on their way?

4. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    I am sure it is based on detective novels I've read but I was always under the impression that they busted hookers right and left. Huh. The things you learn! Come to think of it, I personally never was aware of a court case involving hookers. Maybe they just fine them and send them on their way?
    They might arrest a couple of hundred in an entire year. Probably much less in recent years. Virtually all are handled by the county, so it is never just a ticket. They all get 'court cases' but they all string them along and eventually work out some deal - usually a small fine and some other hoops to jump through. Occasionally the city gets the case and they treat it like a ticket and give them a much higher fine than the county. Based on how the county is handling them, I would be in favor of giving the cases back to the city and stick to the high fines.

BTW Bates - I totally agreed with you last night on Fox "their marriage, their reputation on the line", what makes their vehicle anymore valuable than losing those other qualities.....

6. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by FFLady View Post
    BTW Bates - I totally agreed with you last night on Fox "their marriage, their reputation on the line", what makes their vehicle anymore valuable than losing those other qualities.....
    Its really so very pointless. I posted an article here.... http://johntv.com/?p=1606 it has the two news stories that aired last night also.

It's not going to be taken seriously if all they get is a high fine. Are they ever required to be tested for HIV or AIDS when they get arrested?

8. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiG78 View Post
    It's not going to be taken seriously if all they get is a high fine. Are they ever required to be tested for HIV or AIDS when they get arrested?
    Occasionally a health test is required, but it's pretty pointless. The state can't make the results know spouses or anyone else. Regardless, you almost never see that as a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Occasionally a health test is required, but it's pretty pointless. The state can't make the results know spouses or anyone else. Regardless, you almost never see that as a requirement.
    I don't think it's pointless, at least it would be on record if they did have HIV or AIDS. And isn't it against the law to sleep with someone knowing that you have AIDS or HIV and not tell everyone that you sleep with?

10. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiG78 View Post
    I don't think it's pointless, at least it would be on record if they did have HIV or AIDS. And isn't it against the law to sleep with someone knowing that you have AIDS or HIV and not tell everyone that you sleep with?
    Exactly 'where' do you think it would be on record? That is pretty confidential information. You think patrol cops would have access to who in the city is HIV positive? No, and thank goodness. While occasionally 'health checkups' are a requirement of a plea agreement and tests are done when you enter prison, many times consent must be given. There is little that is done with the information because of its confidentiality. There are two or three prostitutes I've met that will admit to being tested positive for HIV while incarcerated, etc. and continue to work the streets.

Here is a video interview I did years ago (I need to upload an HD version) of a street prostitute on S. Robinson who tested positive and nothing was ever done to stop her prostitution. With the help of myself and a former pastor we got her off the streets about a year after this interview was conducted.

Exactly 'where' do you think it would be on record? That is pretty confidential information. You think patrol cops would have access to who in the city is HIV positive? No, and thank goodness. While occasionally 'health checkups' are a requirement of a plea agreement and tests are done when you enter prison, many times consent must be given. There is little that is done with the information because of its confidentiality. There are two or three prostitutes I've met that will admit to being tested positive for HIV while incarcerated, etc. and continue to work the streets.

Here is a video interview I did years ago (I need to upload an HD version) of a street prostitute on S. Robinson who tested positive and nothing was ever done to stop her prostitution. With the help of myself and a former pastor we got her off the streets about a year after this interview was conducted.

She looks bad, where is she now?

12. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Haven't talked to her in awhile.... Below is an update on her that FOX25 did. She was also featured in a NightLine piece. They only mention her Hep C status and not her HIV because of discrimination and stereotypes that could cause her problems.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    Back in the days when I was police reporter for the Oklahoman, they were hardly ever arrested. The officer would often catch them in the act, send the John on his way, and have a nice confidential chat with the girl about how she could return his favor by keeping her eyes and ears open on the street and passing a few words his way. That was one of the main ways the detectives built their networks of snitches -- and that, in turn, was their primary crime-solving tool! I suspect that's still a pretty prevalent practice...

EDIT: And I should add that it's essentially impossible to verify that this happens, because nobody is going to admit to doing it -- even as I never reported it on the occasions that I witnessed it happening.

14. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

An article regarding the new impounding ordinance - that I was interviewed for - will be in the new Oklahoma Gazette that comes out tomorrow.

http://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/ar...e-control.html

Speaking of the article, if I want to go looking for a whore, I'll be sure to do it in my old car, a 1997 Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Speaking of the article, if I want to go looking for a whore, I'll be sure to do it in my old car, a 1997 Ford.
    Thanks for not disappointing us, we know we can count you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I would just borrow my brothers car....

I don't think that the patrol cops should have access to the info but maybe the judges or something that way if the prostitutes get arrested for prostituting and they have HIV or AIDS, they get more than just a slap on the wrist and let go. I understand that the information is confidential and it should be in most cases but for someone to have AIDS or HIV and their "profession" or "job" is sleeping with people then something more needs to be done. I know that you can't MAKE them stop sleeping with people like you can prevent people from working in certain fields but something has to be done. They are KNOWINGLY spreading it.

19. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

The reality is there are virtually no known cases in the US of prostitutes spreading HIV (you can't spread AIDS) through sexual contact.

20. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

HIV is the disease. AIDS is the final stage condition of HIV.

Brian, be sure to cruise the usual routes to find any females and pimps dressing up for Halloween for your Halloween video edition. "Naughty Nurse Downtown"

HIV is the disease. AIDS is the final stage condition of HIV.

Brian, be sure to cruise the usual routes to find any females and pimps dressing up for Halloween for your Halloween video edition. "Naughty Nurse Downtown"
    You would. Lol

22. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    You would. Lol
    If I was in a nurse outfit, yes, I would open my legs in front of his camera.

Woah. Lol

The reality is there are virtually no known cases in the US of prostitutes spreading HIV (you can't spread AIDS) through sexual contact.
    Because it doesn't happen or because confidentiality is preventing us from knowing the truth?

There's a visual I could have done without.

Thread Information