Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 212223242526

Thread: Prostitution In OKC

Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    Edit: By the way, I don't appreciate the vaguely threatening/stalkerish "no one is anonymous on the internet" Facebook message you sent me. I've never made my identity here secret.
    He kind of did the same thing to me when he posted my name on here a while back. Must be some kind of power trip. *shrug*

2. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

By the way, I don't appreciate the vaguely threatening/stalkerish "no one is anonymous on the internet" Facebook message you sent me.
    Then you should get over it just fine.

I don't appreciate public defenders who dismiss human traffickers actions because "they were just whoring out their [16 year old] girlfriend.

Where did I say he didn't plea or that he lied?
    You made it sound like he only pled to get a deal - as if the plea wasn't genuine.

You present a false dichotomy. It is not either a) or b). His statement can be true and yet still be deserving of what he got.
    So, in your mind an adult can freely admit to prostituting a minor (thus making it human trafficking, therefore making them a human trafficker) and in your mind probation and no record is perfectly acceptable and deserving? Because, despite what you thick you know about the defendant, those are the facts.

Yes I do know about it, but I'm not going to talk about people's private lives on a public forum.
    Private lives? The drama behind the scenes is going on now at the DA's office. Obviously you don't know.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    Edit: By the way, I don't appreciate the vaguely threatening/stalkerish "no
    one is anonymous on the internet" Facebook message you sent me. I've
    never made my identity here secret.
    As an aside, it's against the OKC Talk policy to disclose any information
    about any member of the forum without permission from that person or
    unless s/he has divulged personal information on OKC Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    He kind of did the same thing to me when he posted my name on here a while back. Must be some kind of power trip. *shrug*
    I think we've gotten a good look at the type of person Mr. Bates is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    As an aside, it's against the OKC Talk policy to disclose any information
    about any member of the forum without permission from that person or
    unless s/he has divulged personal information on OKC Talk.
    For some reason, I don't think the privacy of other people has ever been a concern of Mr. Bates. Perhaps Pete will rein this in.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Then you should get over it just fine.

I don't appreciate public defenders who dismiss human traffickers actions because "they were just whoring out their [16 year old] girlfriend.
    I'm not losing any sleep over it, if that's what you mean. But I see how quick you are to go after someone personally when they don't kowtow to your agenda. I disagree with you and you feel compelled to confront me on Facebook.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	7383

You made it sound like he only pled to get a deal - as if the plea wasn't genuine.
    Generally yes, people plea to get deals. If you don't have a deal, you go to trial. This is not rocket science.

So, in your mind an adult can freely admit to prostituting a minor (thus making it human trafficking, therefore making them a human trafficker) and in your mind probation and no record is perfectly acceptable and deserving? Because, despite what you thick you know about the defendant, those are the facts.
    It depends entirely upon the facts of the case.

If you, a 50-something year old man, kidnap a 12 year old boy, take him halfway across the state, and prostitute him out, then no, I don't think you should get probation. On the other hand, if you are still basically a kid yourself, and your old-enough-to-legally-have-sex-with girlfriend asks you to help set up her whoring webpage, and then when you are caught you go to prison for 9 months where you are raped and then hospitalized in an attack by other inmates, but you do everything possible to complete the program and turn your life around, then yes, I think a deferred sentence is appropriate.

Our human trafficking statute has some holes in it. It's poorly written and overbroad. Too many things are termed "human trafficking" that shouldn't be. I believe this scenario is one of them.

Private lives? The drama behind the scenes is going on now at the DA's office. Obviously you don't know.
    I know what is going on. But I know and respect the people you are talking about and I'm not going to badmouth anyone for your amusement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	7384

If there's someone in the DA's office who wants to talk to me, let them talk to me and not hide behind private messages.

Prunepicker Guest

I'd like to know why some believe "the straw man gambit" is assumed to be
    a worthy defense. Can anyone explain this to me?

I had not seen these exchanges until this morning.

This seems to have become entirely too personal and therefore I am closing this thread.

Thread Information