Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prostitution In OKC

1. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

G.Walker - you mentioned police enforcement issues. Below is a photo of a pretty good example of why the problem continues even with a regular police presence.

This photo was taken in 2011 - and while I don't for a second think anything lewd was going on - I do think it shows how lax and 'friendly' many of the male officers (in this case a supervisor) get with the more attractive prostitutes. It certainly sends the message to the community that relying on police for enforcement is often a joke.

That said, and in sharp contrast, I also know officers that take a zero tolerance approach and write the prostitutes tickets for any and everything - ranging from littering, j-walking, walking the wrong direction, etc. Most often those pedestrian fines are larger than the ultimate prostitution fine.

In my opinion the DA's office should turn over daily prostitution prosecutions to the city. Treat it like a ticket (an expensive one - $1,200) and save the tax payers the cost and delays of a county prosecution.

2. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Hmmmmmmm, those things are already taxed. Kids mowing a couple of lawns is of no concern (probably doesn't even meet minimum income requirements) but garage sales and online sales have been taxed and even enforced for a while now.
    Tell us how is it enforced. :-)

Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

... In my opinion the DA's office should turn over daily prostitution prosecutions to the city. Treat it like a ticket (an expensive one - $1,200) and save the tax payers the cost and delays of a county prosecution.
    I assume typical fines and costs and collection rates in OK County, and/or if the county uses DA office supervision of folks in lieu of others supervising those out on deferred sentencing or no-time sentences. Sending all such cases to the city would likely take a pretty penny or three out of the coffers that fund the offices of the OK CO courts, the OK CO court clerk and the da's office. So not likely to happen.

Also, as the proceeds garnered through OK County (and Tulsa CO, and to a degree Cleveland CO) also help fund the court system in the smaller counties, I don't see the folks up on Lincoln avenue ever rearranging current laws for such a shift to happen anytime soon. Few, if any, on the 4tha nd 5th floors at the capitol want to see thecourt system needing more general revenue funds (even if it should receive more)

4. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Tell us how is it enforced. :-)
    Its called an audit.

5. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I assume typical fines and costs and collection rates in OK County, and/or if the county uses DA office supervision of folks in lieu of others supervising those out on deferred sentencing or no-time sentences. Sending all such cases to the city would likely take a pretty penny or three out of the coffers that fund the offices of the OK CO courts, the OK CO court clerk and the da's office. So not likely to happen.

Also, as the proceeds garnered through OK County (and Tulsa CO, and to a degree Cleveland CO) also help fund the court system in the smaller counties, I don't see the folks up on Lincoln avenue ever rearranging current laws for such a shift to happen anytime soon. Few, if any, on the 4tha nd 5th floors at the capitol want to see thecourt system needing more general revenue funds (even if it should receive more)
    Actually, prostitution cases were almost always prosecuted by OKC until then DA Lane took them away from the city and made them the county's problem in around 2000. The city complained because they averaged around $800 - $1,200 per offense with very few ever going to trial. When the county took it over it became a financial burden. Lane admitted this in a report to the Alliance Against Prostitution but said he would have a greater ability to ensure options for rehabilitation and community service. In reality, though offenders (especially Johns) could be heavily fined and pay court costs and supervision, most offenders get fines of $100 or less, no community service, no supervision and not even John school. Costs are often limited to $500. That doesn't come close to covering the cost of the original arrest and prosecution.

DA Prater has spoken to me twice about the possibility of returning prosecution to the city. I hope to see it happen if this is how this crime is going to be prosecuted.

Not to mention, after lots of money and time is spent with police stings, many offenders are never charged. Again, money wasted. Issuing a city ticket would resolve alot of this (while admittedly not addressing the causes of the problem).

6. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Its called an audit.
    Don't make sense. I had a huge garage sale last Spring and i did not tax anyone. I was not taxed. I sell a lot of things on Craigslist and I don't do tax. Feds can't do -censored-. :-)

7. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Don't make sense. I had a huge garage sale last Spring and i did not tax anyone. I was not taxed. I sell a lot of things on Craigslist and I don't do tax. Feds can't do -censored-. :-)
    Sorry to burst your bubble Thunder, but, yes, you are supposed to report your total sales and pay tax on your garage sale. Naturally, this isn't enforced very much and is hard to prove. However, a family living near SW 89th that had basically turned their frequent garage sales into their income were audited. The city had warned and even fined them for their illegal sales (more than two and no permits). This was used as evidence against them. I don't however know how this turned out in the end.

When you do your taxes there is a space where you are supposed to list your online purchases and pay sales tax on those too. As for you selling via Craigslist, that is also most definitely subject to taxes and bragging about not paying them will get you on their radar.

Anyone remember the UCO kids who were bragging online about how much they were making throwing parties and charging people to get in? The IRS came at them hard. Anyone hear how that turned out?

When I was younger I worked as a bouncer in a strip club. One of my jobs was to make sure the girls weren't dealing in drugs and sex. I also made sure they didn't get into anyone's car but their own when they left.

I do know that some of the girls sold themselves to men and women but that was done off property and that was their business.

I can tell you that on an average night I had to deal with more of the above issues than throwing some drunk customer out the front door. Well actually we threw them out the backdoor and most of the time we had already called the cops and they picked them up from their.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8 View Post
    If this is such a shady and hidden buisness, how did you find out about it?
    Valley Brook has been known for it's strip clubs for years all the way back in the 70's. My sister was a dancer at the Valley Of The Dolls when she was 16 and everybody knew the cops were getting kickbacks it has also been common practice for them to just pull over people on 59th just to give you a ticket for nothing. The fact that all those strip clubs are there nobody will believe you weren't in one so you are stuck paying whatever ticket they give you. I myself have not driven down that street in many years I know how crooked they are if I need to get to 59th & Sunnylane I will detour to 44th or something depending on where I am at the time.

I wasn't aware that Valley Brook was a REAL police department

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Valley Brook has been known for it's strip clubs for years all the way back in the 70's. My sister was a dancer at the Valley Of The Dolls when she was 16 and everybody knew the cops were getting kickbacks it has also been common practice for them to just pull over people on 59th just to give you a ticket for nothing. The fact that all those strip clubs are there nobody will believe you weren't in one so you are stuck paying whatever ticket they give you. I myself have not driven down that street in many years I know how crooked they are if I need to get to 59th & Sunnylane I will detour to 44th or something depending on where I am at the time.
    59th and Sunnylane is OKCity
    Your thinking of 59 and EASTERN

Say it ain't so y'all. The world's oldest profession thriving right here in Bibleland? How is that possible?

Can't they be prayed away?

13. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Vail View Post
    Say it ain't so y'all. The world's oldest profession thriving right here in Bibleland? How is that possible?

Can't they be prayed away?
    Religion has a strong history involving sex. Catholic have the priests openly molesting boys. Baptist have the pastors secretly molesting boys and have sex with men of all age while publicly cry against such act. Anyone want to fill in the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Vail View Post
    ... Can't they be prayed away?
    Life is apparently a cosmic balance. For every prayer someone utters that 'the girls need to go away', there is some tipsey horndawg adding a 'with me' alternate ending to the prayer.

They don't call it the world's oldest profession for no reason. It's always been around and always will be. Get over it.

G.Walker - you mentioned police enforcement issues. Below is a photo of a pretty good example of why the problem continues even with a regular police presence.

This photo was taken in 2011 - and while I don't for a second think anything lewd was going on - I do think it shows how lax and 'friendly' many of the male officers (in this case a supervisor) get with the more attractive prostitutes. It certainly sends the message to the community that relying on police for enforcement is often a joke.

That said, and in sharp contrast, I also know officers that take a zero tolerance approach and write the prostitutes tickets for any and everything - ranging from littering, j-walking, walking the wrong direction, etc. Most often those pedestrian fines are larger than the ultimate prostitution fine.

In my opinion the DA's office should turn over daily prostitution prosecutions to the city. Treat it like a ticket (an expensive one - $1,200) and save the tax payers the cost and delays of a county prosecution.
    What did you expect the officer to do? Was she breaking the law when he was there? Do you know if he was giving her a warning or are you just assuming what you want to believe?

I heard there is no prostitution in Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T in OKC View Post
    I heard there is no prostitution in Omaha.
    LOL I think somebody lied to you

19. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

What did you expect the officer to do? Was she breaking the law when he was there? Do you know if he was giving her a warning or are you just assuming what you want to believe?
    Try reading my post again. I clearly stated what I saw wrong about this. And yes, I've already received a call from OCPD regarding these photos and they agreed it was not handled properly.

No, he didn't give her a written warning. Though if he wanted he could have written her a pedestrian citation or two.

Try reading my post again. I clearly stated what I saw wrong about this. And yes, I've already received a call from OCPD regarding these photos and they agreed it was not handled properly.

No, he didn't give her a written warning. Though if he wanted he could have written her a pedestrian citation or two.
    I guess I don't understand.... if you saw nothing wrong why did you post the pictures? Do you know if he gave her a verbal warning? What pedestrian violation did she do?

21. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawg View Post
    I guess I don't understand.... if you saw nothing wrong why did you post the pictures? Do you know if he gave her a verbal warning? What pedestrian violation did she do?
    The problem is that this community is victimized by the prostitutes, the pimps, the Johns, the drug dealers and all the other opportunistic criminals these types of crimes, criminals and environment attract. In most cases, the only thing these residents and business owners have to rely on for relief is law enforcement. The public face of law enforcement continues to tell these communities that they do care and they are trying to positively impact these areas with zero tolerance policies, but that they are under staffed, under funded and prostitution is a lower priority crime. Residents are reminded to call 911 whenever they see these prostitutes gathering and openly soliciting and flagging cars. However, as this photo shows, often when the police respond they do nothing to discourage the activity. They often befriend and flirt with the more attractive girls and (as shown in this photo) put themselves in situations that further fan the flames of the residents distrust with police.

I saw plenty wrong in the photos and overall situation above and the police representative that contacted me agreed.

According to the prostitute, she was given a standard FI (Field Interview) and she was ran for warrants. She was then shown her information on the MDT. She said the cop just chatted with her a bit and told her residents had called police about her out prostituting. He then left and she continued to prostitute in the neighborhood.

I was a block away to the North and with the cop and her in the same video frame you could tell she was walking the wrong direction on the side of the road. That was probably the only violation the officer would have witnessed. And yes, some officers who patrol the area will write the girls pedestrian violations for walking the wrong direction, j-walking, littering, not crossing the street at a 90-degree angle, walking around a vehicle incorrectly (can't remember if it was in the front or back - I had never heard of that until I saw the ticket) and flagging moving vehicles. This is not speculation. I have seen the records. Many of these are laws I had no idea existed and probably break every day. However, some officers use it as a deterrent and to make the environment unfriendly for the hookers and pimps. I support that approach and also feel it saves tax payers alot of money.

Do you go out and video tape drug deals going down as well? I just don't see why you're busting the cops balls for not writing her a ticket for walking the wrong way. They got a complaint, he stopped her, did a field interview, ran her for warrants and probably told her to get off the streets and you're assuming she's telling you the truth about what he told her. Guess he should have got out his stun gun and zapped her a few times and run her in for a pedestrian citation.

Im getting tired of my job, so how much does prostitution pay these days, and is there a waiting list to get the hooker license? oh and do we pic our own hooker name or is it given to us by the pimp? ..Seriously though, we will never get rid of protitution , it is actually one if not the oldest professions still going strong in the market!! and you dont have to go to school for it to start rolling in the big bucks, if you learn to trick yourself out correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Life is apparently a cosmic balance. For every prayer someone utters that 'the girls need to go away', there is some tipsey horndawg adding a 'with me' alternate ending to the prayer.
    Probably a truer statement than we realize.

25. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawg View Post
    Do you go out and video tape drug deals going down as well? I just don't see why you're busting the cops balls for not writing her a ticket for walking the wrong way. They got a complaint, he stopped her, did a field interview, ran her for warrants and probably told her to get off the streets and you're assuming she's telling you the truth about what he told her. Guess he should have got out his stun gun and zapped her a few times and run her in for a pedestrian citation.
    I love how you harp on "do you know for sure" and a just the facts attitude, then you apply assertions to me I never made. Where did I bust the cops balls for not writing her a ticket? I simply stated some cops will give them tickets for every minor offense while this supervisor instead buddied up to her.

Yes, I see no reason not to believe her. She didn't make any bizarre account of what happened. Her version is exactly what happens in many occasions - the cop stops them, runs them for warrants, chats a bit and leaves. What's not to believe?

I'm asked to address many public groups, one of the first things I do is remind people of the reality that it's not illegal for a woman to stand on a corner. My only expectation of the cop was not to buddy up with the criminals. Even the OCPD rep admitted it was not good and at the very least the cop compromised his safety.

I'm not out to get the cop and refused to give them the cop's tag or unit number. I also said I had no desire to file a complaint.

It's just another example of the wrong way to discourage criminal activity.

I had several videos online of cops blatantly flirting with hookers and even joking that one pregnant hooker was carrying his child. Two of the cops in those videos opened a dialogue with me and asked me to remove the videos as it was causing them problems. So, I agreed to remove them.

As for drug dealers. Actually several of my videos show me getting drug dealers arrested. As a matter of fact one of my videos showing blatant open drug dealing in South OKC, that led to a historic street drug bust, earned me a journalism EMMY in 2009. The problem is you can't just point a camera at a guy talking to another guy and call it a drug deal.

Thread Information