Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Prostitution In OKC

1. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawg View Post
    When you continue to post what you do on a message board for all to comment on it does become others business.
    I think we've been down the road before, albeit 6 years ago. >> http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=1990&page=1

If this is something he wants to do, and is making a good living off of it, then more power to him. However, I'm with you that is crosses a line when you go from getting evidence and reporting illegal activity to taking the notification process into your own hands.

Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I think we've been down the road before, albeit 6 years ago. >> http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=1990&page=1

If this is something he wants to do, and is making a good living off of it, then more power to him. However, I'm with you that is crosses a line when you go from getting evidence and reporting illegal activity to taking the notification process into your own hands.

I didn't know he had a fan club *lol*

^ I regret saying the things I said in that thread. Having had the chance to be acquainted with Mr. Bates, I think he's actually a pretty brave person who has placed his personal safety on the line just about every day to help clean up our streets (and D.A.'s office).

What are your thoughts on legalization, BBates?

5. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Funny how people not involved in any way think they can determine where the 'line' is? I also find it odd any 'man' would enable this behavior by saying his or someone else's wife shouldn't know what he is up to when it has the potential to have a very direct and negative impact on the spouse. The guy wants to have an affair - what do I care. He wants to troll our streets looking for homeless drug addicts to throw $20 at in exchange for sex - he deserves what he gets.

6. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by HewenttoJared View Post
    What are your thoughts on legalization, BBates?
    http://johntv.com/?page_id=1602

7. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    ^ I regret saying the things I said in that thread. Having had the chance to be acquainted with Mr. Bates, I think he's actually a pretty brave person who has placed his personal safety on the line just about every day to help clean up our streets (and D.A.'s office).
    No regrets needed. What I do is VERY controversial and I can only do it because I have very thick skin, I am very passionate about it, and do not take much personally. I also have to remain ever aware that society has learned that those who stand up the tallest against things often are proven to be the biggest hypocrites. If I do nothing else I want to be one of those people who lives what he preaches.

I've earned every critic I have and I appreciate them. If I wasn't pissing people off I would either only be preaching to the choir or what I am doing wouldn't really be that necessary.

Sometimes people who open doors to private vehicles and stick a camera in a persons face or call other people's spouses get what they deserve too. If you want to run around chasing hookers go for it but I don't remember anyone appointing you King of Morals and savior of the spouses. You've made a good living doing what you do and I can see that your passionate about it but I still believe calling the spouse is over the line. We've never met and I'm sure you're probably a nice guy like Mid said, we just disagree on this point.

9. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Sometimes people who open doors to private vehicles and stick a camera in a persons face or call other people's spouses get what they deserve too. If you want to run around chasing hookers go for it but I don't remember anyone appointing you King of Morals and savior of the spouses. You've made a good living doing what you do and I can see that your passionate about it but I still believe calling the spouse is over the line. We've never met and I'm sure you're probably a nice guy like Mid said, we just disagree on this point.
    No doubt, I could very well get shot or worse one day. Even the DA's office has told me they would be hard pressed to charge someone for shooting me while I was in the commission of opening a car door. That's a risk I've taken into consideration. And, considering I've done it hundreds of times in 15 years I'm fairly certain I use good judgment.

Don't make the mistake of labeling me the 'moral police.' It has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with right and wrong and something specifically I see as an issue most people would rather ignore than take the stones that are often cast if they address the issue.

I don't hold it against people that think notifying a spouse is too harsh, but I do defend the practice because I believe in it 100% - because, unlike most of my critics, I have seen the issue completely and have know the practice makes an impact. I can catch a guy 2-3 times and continue to see him on Robinson. I catch him and his wife, employer, relatives, friends, etc. find out (sometimes by me, but usually by followers of my activism)...... and I never see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    So some people feel a lot safer keeping prostitution in the hands of criminals by keeping it illegal than legalizing it. That's like the reason for not wanting to legalize marijuana.

11. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    So some people feel a lot safer keeping prostitution in the hands of criminals by keeping it illegal than legalizing it. That's like the reason for not wanting to legalize marijuana.
    I support decriminalization of certain forms of prostitution - for no other reason than to direct limited resources to prostitution that does the most harm. That said, legalization does not make prostitution safer and does not stop human trafficking - so, why do it?

No doubt, I could very well get shot or worse one day. Even the DA's office has told me they would be hard pressed to charge someone for shooting me while I was in the commission of opening a car door. That's a risk I've taken into consideration. And, considering I've done it hundreds of times in 15 years I'm fairly certain I use good judgment.

Don't make the mistake of labeling me the 'moral police.' It has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with right and wrong and something specifically I see as an issue most people would rather ignore than take the stones that are often cast if they address the issue.

I don't hold it against people that think notifying a spouse is too harsh, but I do defend the practice because I believe in it 100% - because, unlike most of my critics, I have seen the issue completely and have know the practice makes an impact. I can catch a guy 2-3 times and continue to see him on Robinson. I catch him and his wife, employer, relatives, friends, etc. find out (sometimes by me, but usually by followers of my activism)...... and I never see him again.
    I understand what you are saying and know you believe in it but like I said we differ on notifying the family or employer. I don't know about the DA having a hard time pressing charges but I know I would have a hard time convicting somebody that did it, all they would have to say is they thought you were a carjacker. I do hope the situation never comes up where that has to happen.

13. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

I understand what you are saying and know you believe in it but like I said we differ on notifying the family or employer. I don't know about the DA having a hard time pressing charges but I know I would have a hard time convicting somebody that did it, all they would have to say is they thought you were a carjacker. I do hope the situation never comes up where that has to happen.
    For clarification (though I doubt its going to impact your opinion), employers are only notified if the employee was caught in the employer's vehicle.

14. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

One group gives Oklahoma a "D" when it comes to protecting children from sexual trafficking..... http://johntv.com/?p=1978

15. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Can we tax it and move on? :-P
    Well said!!!

Getting into a fist battle after someone gets their drawers unknotted seems a bigger possibility than getting shot at.

Maybe I lack imagination, but somehow I seem to think the prostitute wouldn't be all that keen for the john to be sitting or standing there with a firearm in hand or within easy reach. And, given the few videos of yours I've seen, I'd also be hard pressed to imagine many johns would display a firearm in front of the pro, if only due to fear she'd take it and collect a generous tip. I would guess there is a very low incident rate of johns calling 911 to report they got robbed mid-service.

17. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I would guess there is a very low incident rate of johns calling 911 to report they got robbed mid-service.
    Exactly. This is why the stupidest thing a John can do is wear his wedding ring while soliciting prostitution. Many prostitutes will rob their John if they know him to be married because even if they call police they are not going to dare point the finger at the hooker.

Not only does the ring make you a target for robbery, but many of these men are seriously injured during the robbery.

18. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by demoman View Post
    Well said!!!
    Actually, not well said at all. Taxing it has nothing to do with addressing the problem of street level prostitution and would have little or no effect on the problem.

One group gives Oklahoma a "D" when it comes to protecting children from sexual trafficking..... http://johntv.com/?p=1978

Shameless self promotion?

20. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Shameless self promotion?
    That should be my tagline! I'm thinking maybe t-shirts too!

John TV -
    Shamelessly Promoting Shameful Illicit Behavior Since 19__

Sorry, dinna remember the year
    Last edited by kevinpate; 12-11-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: sometimes the head and the fingers don't coincide

22. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    John TV -
    Shamelessly Promoting Shameful Illicit Behavior Since 19__

Sorry, dinna remember the year

"Shameless Self-Promotion"
    That should be my tagline! I'm thinking maybe t-shirts too!

I had a thought for a tee-shirt slogan the other night . . .
    (Not directly within the confines of these, specific, contextural boundaries)

The Slogan?:

It's Cheap
    It's Mediocre
    Waddaya Want?

The original context was maybe half a step up on Maslow's famous "pyramid" of human needs.
    I am glad that it has wider application.

Lol

25. Default Re: Prostitution In OKC

As suspicioned, the Carina Saunders murder and dismemberment has direct ties to human sex trafficking in Oklahoma City.

http://newsok.com/man-held-in-carina...rticle/3633579

Thread Information