Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Choctaw Town Square

Default Re: Choctaw Town Square

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    who would want to shop there when Walmart Opens? I wouldn't...
    I suspect a lot of Williams Foods customers will feel like you. I dare say that the entire Choctaw Plaza will be vacant in 18 months. The City of Choctaw just needs to make sure they subtract the lost tax revenue and jobs from these stores when they judge how 'successful' their Walmart venture is.

How did a thread about Choctaw get to 12 pages with no sign of stopping?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    to find out how it did happen, you must first discovered why it wouldn't happen.

to find out how it did happen, you must first discovered why it wouldn't happen.
    ?!?
    What is the sound of one hand clapping, grasshoppper?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Williams Food store will be closed in 12 months.
    Not because of Walmart. But because it is one of the worst grocery stores in oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    ?!?
    What is the sound of one hand clapping, grasshoppper?
    That is how I plan to run for president!

7. Default Re: Choctaw Town Square

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Threadcrapping.

Williams Food store will be closed in 12 months.
    Why? Consumers IGA in Stillwater is still open 5 years after the new west side super Wal-Mart opened in Stillwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Why? Consumers IGA in Stillwater is still open 5 years after the new west side super Wal-Mart opened in Stillwater.
    How many grocery stores have closed in Stillwater in the last five years?

10. Default Re: Choctaw Town Square

I suspect a lot of Williams Foods customers will feel like you. I dare say that the entire Choctaw Plaza will be vacant in 18 months. The City of Choctaw just needs to make sure they subtract the lost tax revenue and jobs from these stores when they judge how 'successful' their Walmart venture is.
    It's rather vacant now. What is there probably won't get pinched by Walmart. What is in there? I can think of Dollar General, Shape Fitness, Subway, a hot dog place, a chinese restaurant, a couple of non retail shops and a day care? I don't shop at WIlliams, it's overpriced and dirty. And I don't shop at Walmart, my wife does on occasion but I rarely step foot in the place.

11. Default Re: Choctaw Town Square

Quote Originally Posted by so1rfan View Post
    It's rather vacant now. What is there probably won't get pinched by Walmart. What is in there? I can think of Dollar General, Shape Fitness, Subway, a hot dog place, a chinese restaurant, a couple of non retail shops and a day care? I don't shop at WIlliams, it's overpriced and dirty. And I don't shop at Walmart, my wife does on occasion but I rarely step foot in the place.
    The Subway relocated. Simmon's BBQ is in that location now.

They have nice Williams in Tuttle and Piedmont that they have just built within the past year. I think its just time for them to build a new store.

13. Default Re: Choctaw Town Square

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    The Subway relocated. Simmon's BBQ is in that location now.
    That's right, they have the shop on 23rd, was it the old Brahms? I gotta go to the post office today, I'll look.

14. Default Re: Choctaw Town Square

That's right, they have the shop on 23rd, was it the old Brahms? I gotta go to the post office today, I'll look.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Subway is in the old Braum's building now.

15. Default Re: Choctaw Town Square

It is, and the Pizza Hut express is next to it.

Actually Choctaw Plaza is not that empty. Shape Fitness looks to be taking over the $.99 store that was vacant, and will leave it's current spot vacant. There are five restaurants (2 chinese, bbQ, donut, Spicy Dawg) a nail salon, check cashing place, Dollar General, Williams, a daycare, a vape store, something called Locked & Loaded, a Jackson Hewitt, a credit union branch, a bank, a hair salon, a cleaners and a store called the Indoor Garage sale.Maybe two or three vacant units other than that. I don't think that Walmart will impact those businesses much other than Williams and the hair salon.

I don't think that Walmart will impact those businesses much other than Williams and the hair salon.
    Walmart isn't the only thing going in Choctaw Town Square.

Williams is done. We went to the walmart this morning (dont grocery shop there, we do that at crest) and when we drove by williams the first time there were no cars in front and an hour later on the way back there was 1 car. Walmart around 9am was about 1/6 parking lot full and it was over 1/2 when we left with more cars pulling in.

Meanwhile everyone at the walmart was exceptionally helpful, all the shelves were full, it didnt look like a war zone. Tons of employees working, multiple employees asked if we needed help(thats never happened in my entire life) , they had a new choctaw school bus parked outside, choctaw police car parked outside and the officer out of his car walking around, actually had real checkout lines open.

Fast forward to once Williams is gone, its going to turn into any other walmart where there will be 1 or 2 lanes open, you wont be able to find any employees, shelves will be half stocked, and any employee you see will avoid all eye contact. If the service we received today was the real walmart I would be a fanboy even with them killing local business, but its not and we all know whats going to happen 6-12 months from now once the local businesses have thrown in the towel.

We went last night and did a scouting/price checking trip. The night crew there is already terrible. They had four lanes open at 8:30pm, and lines were backed about a dozen carts deep for every line. So we went to the self checkout and they were also slammed and the lady kept apologizing that they were short handed.

Shelves did look stocked for the most part, they were definitely out of some key items in the grocery section, but me being a grocery merchandiser I look for that more than anything.

The buildings leaking already, they had dozens of buckets throughout the store, down aisles, up in corners and things.

And more annoying than a complaint but the drive into the building is insane, the road curves all around the building with no easy access up into the parking lot besides on either extreme edge of the building.

As far Williams, they are definitely in trouble, we live in Harrah and drive through Choctaw nearly daily and I haven't seen more than 2-3 cars in their parking lot since Walmart opened.

Wow.. The building is seriously already leaking?

Wow.. The building is seriously already leaking?
    I'm guessing so. I don't know what else they could have been for, even though it hasn't rained in a couple days they had several buckets up on the shelves on the bread racks, and buckets down the chip aisle and up along the top of the coolers in grocery. They definitely were for catching some type of liquid, they had the paper-towels in the bottom trick any retailer in an old building/new building with issues, knows to keep water from splashing back up and on your floor.

That is a complete joke. I'd be ashamed to be the developer of something like that.

That is a complete joke. I'd be ashamed to be the developer of something like that.
    I think that the use of the word "developer"--within this context--is a good example of Newspeak/Doublethink/Doubletalk.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I think that the use of the word "developer"--within this context--is a good example of Newspeak/Doublethink/Doubletalk.
    tru dat! In this case, perhaps we could call them undevelopers.

Quote Originally Posted by ylouder View Post
    Williams is done. We went to the walmart this morning (dont grocery shop there, we do that at crest) and when we drove by williams the first time there were no cars in front and an hour later on the way back there was 1 car. Walmart around 9am was about 1/6 parking lot full and it was over 1/2 when we left with more cars pulling in.

Meanwhile everyone at the walmart was exceptionally helpful, all the shelves were full, it didnt look like a war zone. Tons of employees working, multiple employees asked if we needed help(thats never happened in my entire life) , they had a new choctaw school bus parked outside, choctaw police car parked outside and the officer out of his car walking around, actually had real checkout lines open.

Fast forward to once Williams is gone, its going to turn into any other walmart where there will be 1 or 2 lanes open, you wont be able to find any employees, shelves will be half stocked, and any employee you see will avoid all eye contact. If the service we received today was the real walmart I would be a fanboy even with them killing local business, but its not and we all know whats going to happen 6-12 months from now once the local businesses have thrown in the towel.
    Your being optimistic, it will look look that way in a month. They probably brought in people from Bentonville just for the initial opening. lol

No one wants to work at Walmart because the pay sucks. They have a hard time keeping good people.

Walmart is just following their employment model. They open with 350 employees and over the next 6 months 100 of them will and quit and not be replaced. After that the store will be operated with 250 people just like the 1,600 other Walmarts.

Thread Information