Widgets Magazine

Thread: KUDOS To Homeland - May & Britton

1. Default KUDOS To Homeland - May & Britton

Two big snowfalls, one of them a blizzard and they're open without putting any employees in danger. I was in the store before the last storm and they said they would have an "essentials crew" in the store. Bakery, pharmacy, etc. was open. Homeland paid three nights at a nearby hotel for this crew. I was in the store yesterday and they had the same crew going to the Courtyard on Memorial so the store could be open today in case it got really bad. I told them how impressed I was. The response was that I had no idea how grateful so many people were that they were able to get emergency prescriptions, they said someone was even crying that were able to get a birthday cake. Little things for some, maybe very important for others, but the company probably lost money on just being there.

Default Re: KUDOS To Homeland - May & Britton

Might not have had many customers but probably made some lifetime customers by being open...Just a handful of those converts would easily cover the hotel expenses

That's awesome! Hopefully that type of mentality continues to spread through today's corporate environment. Won't hold my breath, though.

Their actually was a lot of companies housing staff in hotels for the second storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Their actually was a lot of companies housing staff in hotels for the second storm.
    Ours did...Sure they cursed the forecasters on this one but after the 1st they couldn't just roll the dice

Homeland also has a local warehouse, so they can restock easier, unlike Walmart

Walmart put people in hotels as well.

Thread Information