Widgets Magazine
Page 123 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2373118119120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3701

Thread: Scissortail Park

Default Re: Scissortail Park

Plus, I am pretty sure that is plastic fence, not paint.

Blog Entries

Oh... good point, oops... I stand corrected. Wouldn't make sense for there to be barriers if those trees weren't being preserved.

3. Default Re: Scissortail Park

I got a confirmation. Those trees are going to be preserved.

Blog Entries

That's great!

Looking closer at the Cusak property, I didn't realize it went across about 3/4 of the width. If the City could have just purchased just another quarter of the property it could have made a nice difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    Looking closer at the Cusak property, I didn't realize it went across about 3/4 of the width. If the City could have just purchased just another quarter of the property it could have made a nice difference.
    Yup. I feel like the lower park is going to be a waste because of the narrow layout.

8. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    Yup. I feel like the lower park is going to be a waste because of the narrow layout.
    This seems to me to smell a little fishy. The Cusacks may think their land may be worth $100 million. That doesn't mean it is. This is a reasonable and rational case for emminent domain. Offer a market rate and do the right thing for the city.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    This seems to me to smell a little fishy. The Cusacks may think their land may be worth $100 million. That doesn't mean it is. This is a reasonable and rational case for emminent domain. Offer a market rate and do the right thing for the city.
    The city filed eminent domain then backed out before the final value was established because they knew the amount was going to be higher than they wanted to pay.

They did the same thing on the Uhaul property in Bricktown.

Once the court-appointed independent commissioners establish fair market value, then both sides are bound and the city often files, then retreats once it becomes clear they aren't going to get the price they want.

10. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Thanks. I wasn't aware. IMO, Uhaul is more of a nuisance. This Cusack matter is a success, quality, safety issue. It seems similar to how a freeway can split neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't aware. IMO, Uhaul is more of a nuisance. This Cusack matter is a success, quality, safety issue. It seems similar to how a freeway can split neighborhoods.
    Agree. The city's position seems to be cutting off their nose to spite their face in this instance. It's the city's problem, and they decide to just take their ball and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Agree. The city's position seems to be cutting off their nose to spite their face in this instance. It's the city's problem, and they decide to just take their ball and go home.
    Did the city only way to the land inside the park boundaries, and Cusack's wanted to sell all of the land and buy a new building that would suit a meat packing business and be up to code. I was under the impression that that was the problem. I could be wrong though.

This is the sculpture that will soon be installed in the northeast corner of the park.

As you may recall, it was originally going to be shaped like a globe but then Thunder Alley (immediately diagonal from this spot) proposed a large basketball sculpture which was nearly identical, hence the change.

14. Default Re: Scissortail Park

I like this installation much better than the original. I think it has a chance to become iconic. I bet it will be featured in a lot of Thunder national broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I like this installation much better than the original. I think it has a chance to become iconic. I bet it will be featured in a lot of Thunder national broadcasts.
    +1

Absolutely love it. Really, really cool and I think it will compliment the area perfectly.

I love this much more than the original idea, even separate from the possible similarity issues across the street. This looks great.

So much better than the original globe idea.

I like the way it ties into the name of the park and even the Skydance Bridge which is bird-like.

I like it too. From the first angle at a distance, it kinda looks like a banana!

I think it looks cool, but I wish it was something more interactive. I have mentioned before that I wanted a large plasma globe or an infinity sculpture.

Another thing, this feather will 100% be climbed on, it is basically a ladder.

Way the Hell better than Sputnik.

Maybe they could put on a short pedestal which might help keep the climbers off ?

It would be neat if they could put a sculpture of a Scissortail in the center of the roundabout on Robinson. Like 10 foot tall ?

Blog Entries

why did I think this was going into the roundabout?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    why did I think this was going into the roundabout?
    You know, Arc de Triumph just happens to be in a 10 lane roundabout. So by association ?

Thread Information