Widgets Magazine
Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797142143144145146147
Results 3,651 to 3,663 of 3663

Thread: Scissortail Park

1. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Flood risk? Extremely high water table?

Default Re: Scissortail Park

I think it gonna be a couple decades before they build on the river there. Kind of an urban oasis at this point and it would take a big investment to build a good, vertical complex there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3395.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	18651

Looks like they’re doing some type of work to the feather sculpture, there’s a chain link fence around it

I recently was looking at my proposal photos from this fall and realized I had not shared a pic on the Scissortail page. This is not a view that most of you haven't seen before, but looking at this photo It makes me think about how much value these types of projects bring to the metro. Projects like Scissortail are so massive to the cultural perception of the metro. By going to school out of state, I have many of my friends that had no idea how OKC truly does have beautiful aspects. I am thankful that the city has invested into MAPS not only for my generation but also my future children.

Name:	Photo Sep 09 2023, 5 48 54 PM.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	7.15 MB 
ID:	18652

^

That's beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

6. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by KHutch66 View Post
    I recently was looking at my proposal photos from this fall and realized I had not shared a pic on the Scissortail page. This is not a view that most of you haven't seen before, but looking at this photo It makes me think about how much value these types of projects bring to the metro. Projects like Scissortail are so massive to the cultural perception of the metro. By going to school out of state, I have many of my friends that had no idea how OKC truly does have beautiful aspects. I am thankful that the city has invested into MAPS not only for my generation but also my future children.

Absolutely stunning.

I hope she said yes !

I ran through Scissortail yesterday after work and it was busy ! Both part of the park.

The south side had all his athletic fields in use plus a bunch of people out for a run/ walk or just being outside.
    Nice to see.

I forgot what we did before this park !

Also, I think they need to make a better connection between the south end of the park and the river trail. So close but not connected.

Quote Originally Posted by KHutch66 View Post

We should always invest in the future. We should plant trees (or parks) even if we do not live long enough to fully enjoy them.

I drove by Friday and it looked like they were replacing the brick around the sculpture

Farmers Market about to start. I wish the city could buy some Strawberry Fields land and put a legitimate year round
    Farmers Market. Oh well.

It was a very busy park this morning with the first Farmers Market of the season. Lots of people flying kites today too, for some reason.

12. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It was a very busy park this morning with the first Farmers Market of the season. Lots of people flying kites today too, for some reason.
    Kite Festival was 10 - 2 Saturday

Thread Information