Widgets Magazine
Page 92 of 147 FirstFirst ... 428788899091929394959697142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3659

Thread: Scissortail Park

Blog Entries

Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by tyeomans View Post
    This is really the best they can do? I don't know much about Kings of Leon or how famous they really are, but this seems kind of blah. Is there a special connection with this band to Oklahoma?
    KoL is big time. Great following. Especially big in England, Germany and Australia.

I just figured it would of been a country act giving all the great country artist we have from this state. Anyone is probably going to bring in 15 k if it's free. What about the flaming lips?

You guys keep forgetting about Color Me Badd.

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    You guys keep forgetting about Color Me Badd.
    They would have to turn away people for that. What about Hinder?

All-american rejects?

Maybe The Hanson brothers?

It's going to be Kings of Leon; I'm 99% sure of that.

They are also huge OU fans who will have a home game that same day. It all just fits so perfect. Can't wait, they will absolutely crush it.

KOl is made up of 3 brothers, Caleb, Jared and Nathan Followill and their cousin Matthew Followill. Their mom was born in Oklahoma as was Nathan. Others born in Tennessee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's going to be Kings of Leon; I'm 99% sure of that.
    Since we're apparently about to name a Bricktown street after them, this kinda jives now...

I was really excited for the possibility of Garth. King’s of Leon isn’t really my cup of tea but I’ll be there regardless. I’m very excited about this park opening!

11. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    I was really excited for the possibility of Garth. King’s of Leon isn’t really my cup of tea but I’ll be there regardless. I’m very excited about this park opening!
    Maybe I am wrong, but I was assuming three nights of concerts for the opening weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by tyeomans View Post
    This is really the best they can do? I don't know much about Kings of Leon or how famous they really are, but this seems kind of blah. Is there a special connection with this band to Oklahoma?
    They currently have over 9 MM monthly listeners on Spotify and that's without putting anything out since 2016. I'm not a super fan or anything, but they're a legit arena size act in most markets.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Opening weekend and park is closed to taxpayers for a concert wouldn't go over too well so I'm sure it will be completely free.
    True, but they may have to make it a ticketed show just for crowd control. I can't even imagine how they could estimate crowd size for an event like this if it's free, and if they get that number wrong, it could lead to some problems.

14. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I just figured it would of been a country act giving all the great country artist we have from this state. Anyone is probably going to bring in 15 k if it's free. What about the flaming lips?
    Kings of Leon would be a much bigger attraction than the Flaming Lips.

To me, KOL is the near perfect act.

I bet this will be a huge success and bring tons of international attention to OKC.

Blog Entries

I went to a KOL show 4-5 years ago and there were easy 15k people there at $60+ a ticket. Free I cannot imagine. KOL and Garth are actually bad ideas as the park would be completely overwhelmed for a free show. KOL could easily bring out 40-50k people. Garth Brooks? Come on, he sold out 108,000 tickets in 2014 at the BOK Center in two hours at $70 a ticket. You've have to think he could pull 200k plus in downtown OKC for a free show.

Hanson pulls in over 30k each year for their Hop Jam festival in downtown Tulsa.

Interesting timing. Maybe this is their payment for performing a free concert?

https://oklahoman.com/article/563441...g-to-bricktown

Interesting timing. Maybe this is their payment for performing a free concert?

https://oklahoman.com/article/563441...g-to-bricktown
    That was discussed up thread; the Oklahoman just pulled it from Twitter and made it sound like Holt posted about it last night, when it was in the morning. Also, they still refuse to properly cite their sources when they copy and paste something. It was Twitter not 'social media'. It's like saying 'newspaper' rather than the Oklahoman.

And yes, I'm very sure the 2 things are related.

That was discussed up thread; the Oklahoman just pulled it from Twitter and made it sound like Holt posted about it last night, when it was in the morning. Also, they still refuse to properly cite their sources when they copy and paste something. It was Twitter not 'social media'. It's like saying 'newspaper' rather than the Oklahoman.

And yes, I'm very sure the 2 things are related.
    My bad, didn't realize it was already discussed.

My bad, didn't realize it was already discussed.
    No worries, this is more about the Oklahoman and their lack of ethics; what little they had left seems to erode by the day.

21. Default Re: Scissortail Park

No worries, this is more about the Oklahoman and their lack of ethics; what little they had left seems to erode by the day.
    They seem to be in the "circling the drain" phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    I went to a KOL show 4-5 years ago and there were easy 15k people there at $60+ a ticket. Free I cannot imagine. KOL and Garth are actually bad ideas as the park would be completely overwhelmed for a free show. KOL could easily bring out 40-50k people. Garth Brooks? Come on, he sold out 108,000 tickets in 2014 at the BOK Center in two hours at $70 a ticket. You've have to think he could pull 200k plus in downtown OKC for a free show.

Hanson pulls in over 30k each year for their Hop Jam festival in downtown Tulsa.
    Oh easily. As loud as concerts are I'd sit on the patio at flint and listen

We used to do this for OKC Fest. Was a perfect way to hear the shows.

Went on to Skydance (for first time ever) and it really hit me that this angle is going to make for quite a few memories & photos over the coming years:

^ Don't use pano feature in the wind, kids.

^

The scale is hard to comprehend unless you are there.

BTW, they still have a TON of work to do on that park, especially at the south end. They are going to have to bust arse to be ready by September.

Thread Information