Widgets Magazine
Page 122 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2272117118119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3087

Default Re: Scissortail Park

They would have to call it the Oklahoma City Riverwalk.

I really think they should build a tunnel for 15th like the Gathering Place in Tulsa has.

Blog Entries

That would be pretty cool, I'm not strictly opposed, but if you spend any time on the river trails, you see the various bits of vandalism/graffiti and that would be a concern for this tunnel as well...

Speaking of how the park connects to the river, this conceptual rendering was in a presentation about Wiley Post Park.

They will be doing some upgrades at Wiley Post but these big elaborate plans are not currently funded; nor is the pedestrian bridge or the portion on the north side of the river.

Blog Entries

would be amazing and welcome to have that pedestrian bridge, though I'm sure we'll get some watered down version of it like always

Here are more details:

Also, there are protected pedestrian walkways on the Robinson Ave. bridge:

Apologies if this has been covered before, but are there any long term plans to buy the rest of the land between 10th and 15th streets so it's one uniform rectangle rather than a thin strip connecting the two bigger parks?

I always thought itd be cool to have a 2nd Scissortail bridge over the river.

MAPS4 Re: Scissortail Park

Are we seeing cable suspension wires on this bridge. Also, possible funding source: $140 in MAPS 4 Parks improvements...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Speaking of how the park connects to the river, this conceptual rendering was in a presentation about Wiley Post Park.

They will be doing some upgrades at Wiley Post but these big elaborate plans are not currently funded; nor is the pedestrian bridge or the portion on the north side of the river.

Now THIS IS IMPROVEMENT. It's too bad it's still a potential pipe dream. But we can only hope they dare to dream big enough to let it happen.

Dream! Dare! Do it!

Wiley Post really needs a shot in the arm such as what happened with The Gathering Place, Wiley Post could have the gigantic play area and a nice building with a bunch of glass all round for a cafe and what not.It would be awesome to have a beginning and end between the Myriad Gardens and Wiley Post

However, I really want to see more buildings along the river, taller hotel/residential buildings would be ideal.

MAPS4 Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Wiley Post really needs a shot in the arm such as what happened with The Gathering Place, Wiley Post could have the gigantic play area and a nice building with a bunch of glass all round for a cafe and what not.It would be awesome to have a beginning and end between the Myriad Gardens and Wiley Post
    Wiley Post's proximity to Wheeler Park will benefit both parks. Wish they could create a tunnel to link both parks to provide better interactive access. The proposed pedestrian bridge will provide another link across the river to complement pedestrian links at Robinson, Walker & Western Avenues.

Will provide a vast improvement between the areas that border north & south areas crossing where Reno & Broadway Avenues intersection.

Blog Entries

I can't even fathom how expensive a tunnel under the river would be to build and maintain, just to connect two disparate parks

Not as expensive as a tunnel under the English Channel

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I can't even fathom how expensive a tunnel under the river would be to build and maintain, just to connect two disparate parks
    Not a tunnel under the river, a small tunnel under Walker Avenue that separate both parks. It would also be expensive; or maybe a sky walk link over Walker would cost less.

If the U. S. can get an infrastructure bill passed in Congress, OKC would receive additional funds that would complement the 2017 bonds to address street infrastructure upgrades.

Shawn, next time you're in that area (bike) maybe you can vision a better connection. IIFC the train tracks also cross Walker as well. The traffic on Walker is continuous...

Blog Entries

Sorry, I'm confused.... you said Wheeler and Wiley Post parks... but those are separated by a river?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-15 114251.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	16679

Sorry, I'm confused.... you said Wheeler and Wiley Post parks... but those are separated by a river?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-15 114251.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	16679
    Okay, forgive me, my badd, I've forgotten the distance... ...confused with Western Avenue area.

I'm glad to see they're keeping some mature trees.

Blog Entries

How can you tell? I was presuming the circled trees were getting demoed...

How can you tell? I was presuming the circled trees were getting demoed...
    Why circle them if they're getting demo'ed?

Blog Entries

Good point. In my head they were like the spray painted "MWs" we see on buildings to be demoed.

Thread Information