Widgets Magazine
Page 121 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2171116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3663

Thread: Scissortail Park

1. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Secret plan or not, looking at the areials of the area, a cap would be pretty cool.

I wonder how much Cusack wants for the land?

Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Secret plan or not, looking at the areials of the area, a cap would be pretty cool.

I wonder how much Cusack wants for the land?
    Way more than it's worth?

WOW! This looks gorgeous!

Stunning.

The next few nights would be perfect for a visit, as highs will be in the low 70's.

It's beautiful in the park plus it's just so nice to see so many people out enjoying everything.

There are tables and chairs in front of Union Station if you want to stay a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The next few nights would be perfect for a visit, as highs will be in the low 70's.

It's beautiful in the park plus it's just so nice to see so many people out enjoying everything.

There are tables and chairs in front of Union Station if you want to stay a while.
    I saw a photo recently of how the entire area around Scissortail looked just a few years back. To see what has been accomplished and how people are enjoying the entire area is pretty amazing. I love when someone has vision, casts the vision then see the vision come alive is always encouraging. I, for one, am glad to see such positive results.

It's a great park and a bigger hit than most people thought.

Unless the weather is particularly bad, there are always tons of people down there.

Are there any renderings of what the buildings will look like in the upcoming lower park?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Are there any renderings of what the buildings will look like in the upcoming lower park?
    There is only one:

11. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Way more than it's worth?
    If price was the original problem, Cusack putting it up for sale with an asking price may be an error on their part. If their asking price is $XX and they don't get it after, say, a year, it may be setting a much lower value pinpoint so the city could set a much lower, and more reasonable, eminent domain FMV than they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    If price was the original problem, Cusack putting it up for sale with an asking price may be an error on their part. If their asking price is $XX and they don't get it after, say, a year, it may be setting a much lower value pinpoint so the city could set a much lower, and more reasonable, eminent domain FMV than they were before.
    It has been for sale for over a year, and yet nothing happens. I am sure the city doesn't have the money to purchase the property in the MAPS 3 budget.

13. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    It has been for sale for over a year, and yet nothing happens. I am sure the city doesn't have the money to purchase the property in the MAPS 3 budget.
    I'm sure they don't either at this point but Cusack may also have been asking some outrageous number like $100 million. It's why l was hoping someone knew what they were asking. It gives an idea if they are serious or just being difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Any update on the planned residential on the old Goodwill lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Any update on the planned residential on the old Goodwill lot?
    No.

As part of that acquisition, the new owner (Fred Mazaheri) was required to submit plans and start work in a pretty tight timeframe.

I know the plan was for mid-rise residential.

But like most things, any schedule has been obliterated.

We'll get plenty of warning because the plans would have to go to OCURA and then several other steps long before any real work was to start. I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

It looks like the lower park is going to be bigger in acreage than the upper park, but isn't it vice/versa? Maybe it's because of how long it will be, extending all the way to the river.

Blog Entries

I've heard 35 and 35 (for the 70 total) a few times but I've also heard 40 and 30. Not sure which is right, if either.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I've heard 35 and 35 (for the 70 total) a few times but I've also heard 40 and 30. Not sure which is right, if either.

SCISSORTAIL PARK

Scissortail Park is a 70-acre urban oasis extending from the core of downtown Oklahoma City to the shore of the Oklahoma River. The 40-acre Upper Park is open now, with the 30-acre Lower Park scheduled to open in 2021. The Skydance Bridge connects the upper and lower sections.

Quick facts
    Project budget: $132 million
    Construction: Upper (north) section complete in 2019; Lower (south) section scheduled completion in 2021.
    Size: 40-acre Upper Park, 30-acre Lower Park.

https://www.okc.gov/government/maps-...lahoma%20River.

Will the road between the southern tip of the lower park and the river be removed? Seems like it should be....

Quote Originally Posted by okccowan View Post
    Will the road between the southern tip of the lower park and the river be removed? Seems like it should be....
    That would be a good idea, especially to turn that bit of the riverfront into a boardwalk with local retail and commercial. But I feel that the city would cite a concern for traffic because of the long swath of land being dedicated to the park with no through traffic being available to the south side. There could be a land bridge built or a pedestrian walkway to provide ease of access over the road. And then they could let that feed into the riverwalk (Soonerwalk I guess is a name that could be used). And as a plus, you could have it span the length of the river up to the white water facility (if that'll help it not stand out like a wallflower at a club during happy hour).

Blog Entries

Great Idea...

Blog Entries

Post 2996 (https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...03#post1148903) has a rendering of the the south park and it shows the street (15th) open. But also, with all other streets closing between the river and I-40, 15th needs to remain open as it's the only access from the east/Robinson to areas west of the lower park.

Thread Information