Widgets Magazine
Page 109 of 149 FirstFirst ... 959104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3701

Thread: Scissortail Park

Default Re: Scissortail Park

Please do...this is beyond annoying!!!

2. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Seriously? We now blame people’s misbehavior on the sign maker and typeface? Lol. Folks, some people just don’t think rules apply to them. We can make all the excuses we want and deflect responsibilities all we want. Maybe the artist thinks they are so important that they can affect public behavior by shrinking a type face, but that would be a false sense of importance. Some people just fail to obey rules because of their own sense of self importance.
    Why defend the city for doing their job improperly?

So, I am starting to think this is a comedy bit. City of OKC is now saying Skydance Bridge is open because the decking material that was delivered is "unacceptable" therefore bridge open until acceptable material is ?found ? Purchased?
    They did say they apologize for the frustration.

Duplicate
    Last edited by Edmond Hausfrau; 03-06-2020 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Kind had hopes for the concert stage that were would get some semi big acts in here for a concert or two.

I walked through the park briefly around Thanksgiving. I really wasn't blown away like many have been raving about?

Am i missing something? It's a nice park but it didn't really leave any lasting impressions on me. Maybe it will be better when it's greened up a bit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    Why defend the city for doing their job improperly?
    Nowhere was I defending the city. I was pointing out the misplacement of blame for stupid human behavior. To blame a typeface squeeze for trespassing was just silly. Only the designer would assign themselves that much power. This constantly blaming everyone but the perpetrators is a societal thing these days. No body seems to say that the person who does something stupid or wrong is responsible for their own behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I walked through the park briefly around Thanksgiving. I really wasn't blown away like many have been raving about?

Am i missing something? It's a nice park but it didn't really leave any lasting impressions on me. Maybe it will be better when it's greened up a bit.
    I've mentioned the same thing....not really blown away by how the park looks presently. But I guess we need to take into account two things: 1. OKC didn't have the 400 million like Tulsa had for their park so there was limited funds. 2. It's still in infancy stage and hopefully it'll fill out with vegetation in a few years and have a completely different feel to it. Fingerscrossed.

It's a good complement to MBG.

Much more open and just a nice place to get out and walk. Really can't be judged for a few more years when the landscape starts to mature.

And when ultimately joined with the lower park and the river, will be much more about recreation than anything else. And that is very much needed in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's a good complement to MBG.

Much more open and just a nice place to get out and walk. Really can't be judged for a few more years when the landscape starts to mature.

And when ultimately joined with the lower park and the river, will be much more about recreation than anything else. And that is very much needed in OKC.
    Good point about the lower park being included. I never think about how the lower park will be a part. I guess, 'out of sight, out of mind'.

12. Default Re: Scissortail Park

I love The Gathering Place - I went there yesterday, but one thing that Scissortail has over it is location. Not only is it central located but it is right next to the convention center and Omni. Plus one of my favorite beer gardens, Social Capitol is on the west side. I think SC will explode in popularity this summer and spur a lot of new development on the west side. Bright future fo Scissortail.

^

Spark opens this spring (north end of the park) and there will be some pretty good-sized concerts on the oval as well.

^

Spark opens this spring (north end of the park) and there will be some pretty good-sized concerts on the oval as well.
    I'm so amped for this. Any insight into shows? I understand you can't share everything, but even general info like the number of shows anticipated etc. would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    I'm so amped for this. Any insight into shows? I understand you can't share everything, but even general info like the number of shows anticipated etc. would be interesting.
    I have just heard rumors of a few big names coming.

No idea who and what frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Good point about the lower park being included. I never think about how the lower park will be a part. I guess, 'out of sight, out of mind'.
    Sadly.... this applies to most anything South of the river.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg78 View Post
    Sadly.... this applies to most anything South of the river.
    lower park is north of the river

@CityofOKC on Twitter now says they can "make the delivered decking material work" so they will close the bridge again. And they again apologize for the frustration.
    I am convinced that this is all for some reality show joke content. There's no way that the city is this back and forth on their decisions.

I have just heard rumors of a few big names coming.

No idea who and what frequency.
    I was starting to Wonder about this. Seems like there should be some spring or summer concerts lined up

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    @CityofOKC on Twitter now says they can "make the delivered decking material work" so they will close the bridge again. And they again apologize for the frustration.
    I am convinced that this is all for some reality show joke content. There's no way that the city is this back and forth on their decisions.
    This concerns me. Are they about to install inferior product to meet a schedule? Was it rejected for color or for other reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by HHE View Post
    This concerns me. Are they about to install inferior product to meet a schedule? Was it rejected for color or for other reasons?
    https://twitter.com/cityofokc/status...821464581?s=20
    It's pretty vague.

Thanks for that picture, Pete. Love & miss being able to see the early-morning springtime stratus shading over the Devon building.

Starting to green up a bit and lots of things now in bloom. Should really be pretty in another month or so.

How does the 'shelter-in-place' declaration affect parks in OKC? I assume the playground equipment is probably closed and I saw where they closed the dog park. But I assume we can still walk about the park?

Thread Information