Widgets Magazine
Page 104 of 149 FirstFirst ... 45499100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3701

Thread: Scissortail Park

Default Re: Scissortail Park

It's very clear that this was a big unanswered need for the city. I've gone by every weekend since it opened so far, and the park has been packed with people on every visit. It honestly reminds me of the park usage you see in other big city central parks.

Now we just need some residential developments on the west side of the park, get people living in the area and keep the progress going.

It's one of the few places where you can just go and take a long walk and that's what almost everyone was doing.

That will really be enhanced once the lower park is finished and you can easily walk from downtown all the way to the river.

You may have seen us wandering around then, Pete. We finally had a chance to go by the park and it is really amazing to see and wander around. I'll echo your astonishment at the volume of people; the kid's play area was absolutely packed. The top of the hill is quite the view of the whole park and there were many many families figuring out how to roll down the hill while not hitting any of the trees. @d-usa we definitely had the same thought about when it does snow and finding the straight sledding lanes through the trees.

Here's a full 360 photo sphere I took last night from atop the hill and here's the flattened version too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANO_20191013_183521.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	10.33 MB 
ID:	15661

Blog Entries

Took the opportunity to visit the park before we left for the OU-Texas game weekend. Impressed with the activity and vitality of our new central downtown park. Once the trees, plants & foliage comes into play, Scissortail will be a very nice downtown park. Wish we could devise a master plan to merge it with the existing Wiley Post & Wheeler Parks as we develop the lower park.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Took the opportunity to visit the park before we left for the OU-Texas game weekend. Impressed with the activity and vitality of our new central downtown park. Once the trees, plants & foliage comes into play, Scissortail will be a very nice downtown park. Wish we could devise a master plan to merge it with the existing Wiley Post & Wheeler Parks as we develop the lower park.
    Yep, and we need someone (CR, maybe?) to consolidate the land ownership west of the park and install a powerblock consisting of several 30 to 40 story towers.

Being down there just really made me realize how important the old dealership site really is. Developing that block right can be such a game changer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScissortailPark.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	15665

I took this picture a couple of weekends ago, and this was by far my favorite view of the park and skyline. I can't wait to see it at night once the Omni and CC are complete. This definitely gave me the "I'm not in OKC anymore" vibe.

^

Great shot!

It's hard to imagine how pretty that park will be when it matures ala the Myriad Gardens.

Man, I was thinking about it yesterday while I was wandering around Scissortail Park. A Great Clips would just KILL IT around here. Maybe next door to Social Capital? It really makes sense there too. You don't realize how long your hair has gotten until you get that wind blowing up from the River right at Scissortail Park. Imagine cresting that hill in the park, and seeing a brand new Great Clips. It sells itself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Took this yesterday afternoon from Social Capital.

I kid you not, there were hundreds of people in the park. I sat on that deck for two hours and there was a constant stream of people; I wouldn't have believed the volume had I not seen it myself.

Hundreds of cars parked on the vacant lots west of the park.

The more impressive thing to me was that MBG was _also_ completely packed at the same time there was a hefty amount of people at Scissortail.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Man, I was thinking about it yesterday while I was wandering around Scissortail Park. A Great Clips would just KILL IT around here. Maybe next door to Social Capital? It really makes sense there too. You don't realize how long your hair has gotten until you get that wind blowing up from the River right at Scissortail Park. Imagine cresting that hill in the park, and seeing a brand new Great Clips. It sells itself.
    Agreed. I couldn't help myself wishing I had a squirt of CBD in my system as well. I really hope we get a nice one story strip (wih plenty of parking!!!!) next to the park that can have these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Agreed. I couldn't help myself wishing I had a squirt of CBD in my system as well. I really hope we get a nice one story strip (wih plenty of parking!!!!) next to the park that can have these things.
    To class up the joint, without needing a joint.

Quote Originally Posted by snark0leptic View Post
    To class up the joint, without needing a joint.
    You know what follows a great haircut and getting one's CBD oil? A great drive through burger. Can we get a new Braum's down here, with plenty of parking and a double drive through. Can I get an amen?

Was at the Park on Saturday at noon - during the OU-Texas game. The playground area was packed with families and children - during the OU-Texas game!! FYI - the pedal boats are a waste of money in the Oklahoma wind, prepare for a great leg workout though!

Press release. Jabee concert on Sat night.

What: A day full of activity at Scissortail Park on Saturday, October 19, 2019

Schedule:

9am – 1pm Fall Market featuring local made in Oklahoma vendors
    Love’s Travel Stops Stage & Great Lawn north side plaza

9am – 2pm Food Trucks including Holey Rollers, HotRodDogs, OhMyGogi, Tasty Snow, Junction Coffee Tiny House
    Along Robinson Avenue

9am Boathouse Boot Camp presented by Gold’s Gym
    Scissortail Boathouse

10am ScissorTales: Bilingual Story Time
    Children’s Play Pavilion

11am – 8pm Pedal Boat Rentals
    Scissortail Boathouse

7pm – 10pm Park After Dark FREE Concert featuring Jabee
    Love’s Travel Stops Stage & Great Lawn north side plaza

7pm: Special appearance and book signing with Sam Anderson, author of
    “Boom Town: The Fantastical Saga of Oklahoma City, Its Chaotic Founding,
    Its Apocalyptic Weather, Its Purloined Basketball Team, and the Dream of
    Becoming a World-class Metropolis”

7:30pm: OKC Street Dance Scene street dancers with DJ Reaper

8pm: Concert featuring Jabee with Tony Foster Jr. and DJ Reaper

When: Saturday, October 19, 2019

Where: Scissortail Park
    300 SW 7th Street
    Oklahoma City, OK 73109

16. Default Re: Scissortail Park

I got a new 360 video and still camera in. Thought I'd test it out at the Scissortail Park this morning - a bit of a 360 walking tour......

Here's the resulting video. Simply click and drag (or just drag) around the video as it plays to see any angle you want.

Super cool!

Thanks very much for sharing.

18. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Scissortail Park Walk Through Number 2 (360 video)

Drag around the screen to see different views.

Man, Thanks for doing the walk thru, very much appreciated. The Park is Awesome

20. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Channel 4 had a story tonight, 9 year old boy fell off the spinning disc and broke his arm. Mother claiming it's unsafe. First incident at the park.
    Last edited by OKCbyTRANSFER; 10-21-2019 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    Channel 4 had a story tonight, kid fell off the spinning equipment and broke his arm. Mother claiming unsafe. First incident at the park.
    I landed on my wrist and broke it after being thrown off a seesaw as a kid in the mid 1980s and never once said the seesaw was unsafe. I played on it in a cast. These pansies nowadays.

22. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I landed on my wrist and broke it after being thrown off a seesaw as a kid in the mid 1980s and never once said the seesaw was unsafe. I played on it in a cast. These pansies nowadays.
    Or run to the media and go on TV.

Blog Entries

was there this weekend and the giant ball of rope you could climb in was gone and its base was cordoned off with barriers and caution tape. Also saw something else broken with an orange cone over it. also, that merry-go-round like thing, what I presume is being referred to as the spinning thing, is consistently WAY overloaded with kids each weekend. probably more to do with the kid getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    Channel 4 had a story tonight, 9 year old boy fell off the spinning disc and broke his arm. Mother claiming it's unsafe. First incident at the park.
    Lol. I think being a 9 year old boy in general is unsafe.

Thread Information