Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 21 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: City Council Elections....

SouthsideSooner Guest

Default City Council Elections....

The filing period for City Council ends Monday the 31st with primarys scheduled for March 1st and the general election will be held April 5th. Wards 2, 5, 6 and 8 are in play.

I've never been actively involved in campaining for a candidate before but will commit time and money to insure that Brian Walters time on the council comes to an end. South OKC deserves a Councilman that knows and understands how to get things done for the betterment of our ward along with being able to work with the other Council members on getting things done for the betterment of the city, which clearly Brain Walters does not...

Default Re: City Council Elections....

Brian Walters is an embarrassment for the south side. I've been hearing that Foshee is going to run for his old seat again. I agree though, that we need to put out the stops to get Walters out.

Does anyone have the 2007 election results for ward 5?

Didn't Walters win the ward 5 election fairly easy with the majority vote?
    Last edited by okclee; 01-27-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typo; 5 not 8.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Does anyone have the 2007 election results for ward 8?

Didn't Walters win the ward 8 election fairly easy with the majority vote?
    Walters doesn't represent Ward 8 (Councilman Pat Ryan does). Walters is councilman for Ward 5.

Regarding the many down right decent ideas that get expressed here from day to day, I've wondered when or if some OKCTalk folk might be making announcements to run in the upcoming cycle.

I think illl wait again to run next election cycle.

Yeah for Brian Walters!!!

Shadid is running for Ward 2. He is a an extremely smart and capable guy. I hope he wins.

9. Default Re: City Council Elections....

Perhaps this should be in the Political section.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    This week, scores of enraged political activists contemplate running for city council. Moments later, they go to okc.gov to find out who their councilor actually is.

Where is Steve Hunt? maybe he can use this as a stepping stone. Councilman>Mayor>Governor>President

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Where is Steve Hunt? maybe he can use this as a stepping stone. Taco Bell>Councilman>Mayor>Governor>President
    Fixed it for ya...

Thanks for the fix, but doesn't Taco Bell more appropriately fall under Cornett? Seeing that he had that healthier alternative spokesman thing going on with them? LOL

True. But Cornett doesn't work the drive-thru at the Taco Bell on Lincoln...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemarsh51 View Post
    Yeah for Brian Walters!!!
    Who would have guessed !!!

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Shadid is running for Ward 2. He is a an extremely smart and capable guy. I hope he wins.
    I'd like to see his platform before I hope he wins. I agree he's smart and capable, and he was also my student, back in medical school. At the time, I was very impressed by him, but he went on to do a surgery residency and then plastic surgery fellowship and sometimes that changes people. It's a stereotype, but surgeon's aren't "raised" to believe in compromise, or to worry about what those beneath them think. There's no time for voting in the operating room. They tend less to be leaders than dictators, in the mildest sense of the word, and that is very antithetical to the way a council operates. So, to reiterate, I'd like to see his platform.

Who do ya think is gonna pour money into the campaign?
    Ill give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count............

18. Default Re: City Council Elections....

Surely there are some former Falls Creek counselors that could easily win a seat on the counsel.

Maybe Oklahoma City needs a loosely organized watchdogs type organization where people gather to bitch once a week about Oklahoma City government as well as a blog to do it on. Or is there already an Oklahoma City Watchdogs?

Bunty, Welcome to the group!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Maybe Oklahoma City needs a loosely organized watchdogs type organization where people gather to bitch once a week about Oklahoma City government as well as a blog to do it on. Or is there already an Oklahoma City Watchdogs?
    There was, it's gone, I think they called it NOTTHISMAPS.

rc, its alive and well in this thread...hint...hint...that's why I welcomed him to the group

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    rc, its alive and well in this thread...hint...hint...that's why I welcomed him to the group
    Alive an well, maybe, active and of any value, I think not. When you see Mr. hunt, inform him he forgot my burrito w/extra sour cream the last time I went through the drive thru.

I give up, not translating well at all...

RC,
    Good to see you out from under your rock with your usual insightful and worthless comments.

Thread Information