Widgets Magazine

Thread: Round Up Pizza in Del City

1. Default Round Up Pizza in Del City

We have started going there once a week. It's pretty much like the old Shakey's pizza used to be. They have a salad bar,spaghetti,mojo potatoes, fried chicken, and of course pizza. It's very reasonable, about the same as Cici's pizza but a whole lot better. The place isn't festive, but for a good, inexpensive meal, I like it a lot.

Default Re: Round Up Pizza in Del City

Do they have one of them thar piannie players? I do miss the pianni players sometimes.

3. Default Re: Round Up Pizza in Del City

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    We have started going there once a week. It's pretty much like the old Shakey's pizza used to be. They have a salad bar,spaghetti,mojo potatoes, fried chicken, and of course pizza. It's very reasonable, about the same as Cici's pizza but a whole lot better. The place isn't festive, but for a good, inexpensive meal, I like it a lot.
    Do you ever cook?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Do they have one of them thar piannie players? I do miss the pianni players sometimes.
    I always liked Pizza and Pipes in San Francisco (Daly City, actually) that had a big Wurlitzer Organ in it...fantastic place to have pizza with one of those behemoths going the whole time...

5. Default Re: Round Up Pizza in Del City

I used to eat there a lot long time ago. Limited pizza selection and very greasy. Now, maybe some improvement?

I used to eat here every weekend as a kid with my Father,It was a real dump back then!

7. Default Re: Round Up Pizza in Del City

I haven't been there in maybe 7 years. The last time I did it was very depressing. Yuck greasy buffet food and cheapo pizza.

I couldn't even eat the pizza, has a sharp "tangy" taste to it that I couldn't pinpoint. Fried chicken was good. Lots of other buffets in the area, Old Chicago is the best pizza buffet IMO, but is more expensive. For about a dollar more then Round Up there's Mazzios and pizza hut.

Me, my brother, and my dad go out there about once a week (normally on Sundays). It's a tradition, we have been doing it since I was 5 or 6. Pizza isn't the greatest -- we can be honest. But we still love going out there for the chicken, mojo potatoes, and a few slices of pizza.

I remember Shakey's very fondly from when I was a kid, and the only thing that Round-Up has in common with Shakey's is the building. IMHO, it's one of the nastiest buffets around. The two, maybe three times I've been there, the chicken tasted like it was cooked in (really) old grease, the mashed spuds were chewy, and the pizza was, well, bleeeechhhh, and the place just had this inexplicable aura of not being very clean. It kinda makes me sad to see the few, fleeting elements of the building that still convey the memory of Shakey's, only to realize the memory is all that's left.

No offense to anyone who likes the place, but I am stunned it has stayed in business as long as it has.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I remember Shakey's very fondly from when I was a kid, and the only thing that Round-Up has in common with Shakey's is the building. IMHO, it's one of the nastiest buffets around. The two, maybe three times I've been there, the chicken tasted like it was cooked in (really) old grease, the mashed spuds were chewy, and the pizza was, well, bleeeechhhh, and the place just had this inexplicable aura of not being very clean. It kinda makes me sad to see the few, fleeting elements of the building that still convey the memory of Shakey's, only to realize the memory is all that's left.

No offense to anyone who likes the place, but I am stunned it has stayed in business as long as it has.
    It's good if your taste buds desire quanity over quality.

Thread Information