Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City's Wikipedia Skyline Photo!

Default Oklahoma City's Wikipedia Skyline Photo!

Whoever uploaded that hideous skyline pic of Oklahoma City on Wikipedia, please take it down...I know there are better recent pictures of the Oklahoma City skyline, come one people we need to portray a better image than that, I know someone on here has a better skyline pic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City

Default Re: Oklahoma City's Wikipedia Skyline Photo!

Please please please. That's hideous.

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City's Wikipedia Skyline Photo!

I think that Metro did it.

J/K

Anyone can upload a photo, as long as its their photo, or own the rights to the photo, I mean I am not a photographer or anything, but I know a good picture when I see one...just sayin..

Why bother? I think someone changes it every week, or at least it's always different when I try and use that page to check some numbers..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Why bother? I think someone changes it every week, or at least it's always different when I try and use that page to check some numbers..
    Why bother? Because it is probably the number one place people go to learn more about OKC. I think it would be worthwhile for someone to make a habit of checking the site and posting a great picture when something like this goes up... Anyone know how to edit wikipedia? Also, post some pictures in this thread that we should put up...

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Why bother? Because it is probably the number one place people go to learn more about OKC. I think it would be worthwhile for someone to make a habit of checking the site and posting a great picture when something like this goes up... Anyone know how to edit wikipedia? Also, post some pictures in this thread that we should put up...
    Exactly. JMHO, but that whole OKC entry is nothing to be impressed with, compared to other mid sized cities (see Omaha or Indy for a good one).

Well, I don't have much else to do this afternoon so I'm figuring out how to edit on wikipedia. I asked swilki (see Devon Tower thread) if I could use the picture that he posted a few days ago...

Well, I don't have much else to do this afternoon so I'm figuring out how to edit on wikipedia. I asked swilki (see Devon Tower thread) if I could use the picture that he posted a few days ago...
    I think you have to register with wikipedia to do any editing, but if you click pic it will take you to editing and upload page for that particular pic...

Not true, I edit wiki all the time, with no registering.

I love to taunt the Tulsan who edits the BOK tower wiki. They keep taking off the part I add, that mentions when the Devon tower is complete, it will be the tallest. They HATE ME!!

Quote Originally Posted by circuitboard View Post
    Not true, I edit wiki all the time, with no registering.

I love to taunt the Tulsan who edits the BOK tower wiki. They keep taking off the part I add, that mentions when the Devon tower is complete, it will be the tallest. They HATE ME!!
    Yeah. I would too if you were doing that.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City's Wikipedia Skyline Photo!

Just noticed this new thread. I thought that photo was a screen capture from my latest video, but it's a similar picture posted on here a few months ago. I like the one from the video personally.

^^^ Wow! They're almost identical. You should upload that one.

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City's Wikipedia Skyline Photo!

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    ^^^ Wow! They're almost identical. You should upload that one.
    Ideally, it would be in Spring or Summer but it will have to wait.

That picture (and the one life it) looks good when it's full size, but the smaller version has too much space... A closer picture (like the one from the Devon Tower) thread make downtown look a lot more dense...

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City's Wikipedia Skyline Photo!

That picture (and the one life it) looks good when it's full size, but the smaller version has too much space... A closer picture (like the one from the Devon Tower) thread make downtown look a lot more dense...
    I left space near the top for clouds, but they turned hazy on video.

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City's Wikipedia Skyline Photo!

http://okchomesellers.com/oklahoma-c...cal-postcards/

This postcard is from 1972 showing the Oklahoma City skyline from the east, looking west, on I-40. The skyline itself is not too unchanged at this point (minus the Murrah Building). Bricktown has been developed and the highways you see here have been replaced.
    It would be great to have a current one to compare.

I love the broken down car in the post card. Nothing says classy like a broken down car on the freeway.

Was the SandRidge Tower being constructed in the postcard photo?

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    http://okchomesellers.com/oklahoma-c...cal-postcards/

It would be great to have a current one to compare.

I see the Biltmore, but, I don't see the Murrah Building. Was it even built in 1972?

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    Was the SandRidge Tower being constructed in the postcard photo?
    ^^Looks like it,and The OK tower and Leadership have yet to be constructed as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    I love the broken down car in the post card. Nothing says classy like a broken down car on the freeway.
    Classy people don't have their cars break down? Nice to know...

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    I see the Biltmore, but, I don't see the Murrah Building. Was it even built in 1972?
    The Murrah building wasn't built until 1977 but I don't think you would have been able see it from that viewpoint anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    May not be broken down (could be the photographers car and that is where he parked, then walked to find the best vantage point to take the picture).

25. Default Re: Oklahoma City's Wikipedia Skyline Photo!

I can't even think of where that person is standing! It's too far and on the wrong side of several buildings for the 235 junction, but it doesn't make sense with the old 40 ft smith junction. Is that the old Reno Ave bridge on the right???

Thread Information