Widgets Magazine

Thread: new multi development at rockwell and memorial shores and k-rock

Default new multi development at rockwell and memorial shores and k-rock

Default Re: new mulit development at rockwell and memorial shores and k-rock

Broken link

no its not

broken link

Yes it is. The OKC site uses cookies to make links...the url you posted is only good on your computer...the link is not firm. Right click the link on the okc website and select copy address.

Okaaaaaay.... so another apartment complex? My coworker will be filled with joy since she lives in the area. I hope they're luxury...

I wrote something about this a few weeks back...

Apartments ring lake in plans headed to OKC Planning Commission

By Brianna Bailey
    Oklahoma City reporter - Contact 405-278-2847
    Posted: 02:37 PM Monday, December 6, 2010

A rendering of plans for a new apartment development on 22.34 acres on N. Rockwell Avenue. (Courtesy Photo)

A rendering of plans for a new apartment development on 22.34 acres on N. Rockwell Avenue. (Courtesy Photo)
    Plans for a new apartment development on 22.34 acres on North Rockwell Avenue just north of West Memorial Road area headed for the Oklahoma City Planning Commission on Thursday.
    Applicant K-Rock Development, LLC, is asking the Planning Commission for zoning changes to allow for the development of a 25-building apartment complex called the Shores at K-Rock around a small lake.
    The site is part of two existing planned unit developments that were never built, Lance Gross said, who handles development services in the Oklahoma City Planning Department.
    The development is designed to be centered around an existing lake on the site.
    “It looks like they are really trying to use the natural topography of the area and are maintaining a natural lake in the area,” Gross said.
    K-Rock did not list the number of apartment units it wants to build at the Shores in its application with the city. Plans for the development include 11 larger building with garages on the first level and two levels of apartments above, as well as 14 smaller buildings. The total building coverage for the proposed development is 154,352 square feet.
    The proposed apartment complex is not far from where the Oklahoma City- based human resources company Paycom is building a new corporate headquarters. Paycom broke ground on the 90,000 square-foot office building in June on 14 acres it owns on Memorial Road between Rockwell Avenue and Council Road. Paycom expects to create 400 new jobs over the next three years as part of its expansion plans, the company announced in June.
    Planning Commission staff identified William Kilpatrick of the company Kilpatrick & Associates as the developer of the Shores at K-Rock project. Kilpatrick declined to comment Monday on the proposed development.
    K-Rock Development, LLC, purchased 101 acres around the area of North Rockwell Avenue and West Memorial Road in July 2006 from Rockwell Ave. Land Co., LLC, for $5.73 million, according to property records.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey80 View Post
    I wrote something about this a few weeks back...

Apartments ring lake in plans headed to OKC Planning Commission

By Brianna Bailey
    Hey Brianna, good to see you are on the board. Every once in a while I post one of your articles on here since I have access to the JR and forum members do not. Is that still ok?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Hey Brianna, good to see you are on the board. Every once in a while I post one of your articles on here since I have access to the JR and forum members do not. Is that still ok?
    Hey back at you. Go for it. I'd rather have more people reading the stuff than not

sorry for the bad link ...... thanks for the info .... and thanks flinty for the good link.

Sounds like it'll be the new Lyrehood lane in 20 years, and the name of them, K-rock? What is this, a real life version of fraggle rock?

With a name like K-Rock I'm not expecting to be blown away. Which is a disappointment considering how many decent jobs are about to be in that area with Paycom and Farmers. It could easily support a really nice apartment complex.

Great.. More apartments within the deer creek school district. Families will flock from all over to get their kids in to the district all while not paying property taxes. Deer Creek better get busy on a second high school. They have many elementary and middle schools.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Great.. More apartments within the deer creek school district. Families will flock from all over to get their kids in to the district all while not paying property taxes. Deer Creek better get busy on a second high school. They have many elementary and middle schools.

While I understand your concern for more apartments being built I do have to correct you in that the apartment dwellers do pay property taxes, its just passed down by the owner into the rent.

What's the latest with this development?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    What's the latest with this development?
    They're going up pretty quickly.

Saw the sign in front of the ones on the west side of Rockwell. They actually named them "The Shores at K-Rock". I think it sounds like a radio program or something. Maybe they can get Greg Zoobeck from the KATT to do the commercials.

Thread Information