Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

1. Default The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

I usually park at the fasttrack location when i fly out of Will Rogers. This week when i got on the shuttle to take me to the airport there was a sign that said that fasttrack was becoming The Parking Spot. The driver said they had been bought out but wasn't sure of the details or when they were going to change over.

Anybody know any further details? The Parking spot will be a definite upgrade at the airport. they usually give a free newspaper when you arrive and a bottle of water when you leave.

Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

Would definitely be an upgrade, not only locally....but nationally too. The Parking Spot has multiple ads in just about every single airline magazine, and they really don't have many locations. So having "OKC" listed with LAX, AUS, DEN, ATL, NYC, etc. (they use airport codes in their advertising) only helps to break loose the stereotypes of being a small, country city.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    I usually park at the fasttrack location when i fly out of Will Rogers. This week when i got on the shuttle to take me to the airport there was a sign that said that fasttrack was becoming The Parking Spot. The driver said they had been bought out but wasn't sure of the details or when they were going to change over.

Anybody know any further details? The Parking spot will be a definite upgrade at the airport. they usually give a free newspaper when you arrive and a bottle of water when you leave.

That depends somewhat on the cost. If the price goes up you may be paying for that newspaper and water. I know other locations take reservations for parking but that may not be a big deal here I've never found that parking location to be full and that definitely happens elsewhere. I certainly hope they improve the parking lot though. You can fall in the holes there and never be found.

4. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

Well this is far from the first company to have bought up this location. It's changed a few times over the years, so now they're just being gobbled up by a "corporate" structure. That just means if they aren't successful, that they'll close it down rather than sell it.

The drivers there really piss me off when I'm on Meridian. They act like they're driving a Geo Metro in London or something....squeeze in where they don't belong.

5. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

I work at Avis and call them SlowTrack. I used to shuttle dirty/clean cars for Avis (now just clean them on the lot) and that area has to have the worst drivers in the city. Used to shuttle for Enterprise before Avis. Between GiddyUp, SlowTrack, and the former National buses, plus regular shuttle drivers and railroad tracks, it's a crazy stretch of road.

the parking spot has already been at the airport for awhile, they started changing there buses about 6 months ago, its seems like that fast trac, parking spot and sunpark, that parking area really changes hands a lot.. Giddyup shuttle/Ampco is still best bet since it is on airport property, the fast trac/parking spot is not.

I usually find a parking spot in the city garage at the airport

lol metro, yes there usually isa spot in the airport garage now, since they doubled it size.. I hated it when it use to fill up by 8 am every morning

Confirmed via email...they will switch the Fast-Track to The Parking Spot and make renovations later this year too. No firm date, but will be sometime in 2011.

confirmed a while back , like i said if anyone was paying attention who works at the airport parking area that the fast track buses have changed starting about 6 months ago and others going through process, plus a major shift in employees took place 4 months ago...if anyone has been driving down meridian around s.w 29th street to 44th( from 6 months ago till recently) they would have noticed several fast track buses at a detail place getting new paint jobs etc

Got another email back, I had replied asking about any renovations (specifically the condition of the parking lots). They say they will upgrade everything, including the shuttle buses, up to Parking Spot standards before they place their name on it. So this won't be a name change, they will actually improve the site before the name change.

12. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

What is "Fast Track?" I know it's just me because I have used OKC a gazillion times now and never heard of it. The only parking I know of are the covered and non-covered shuttle lots, the two garages and the hourly parking right next to the terminal.

Fast-Track is a private company that does off-airport parking. You park in their lot that is off-airport, take their shuttle to the terminal. When arriving, you take their shuttle from the terminal to the parking lot. Like the airport shuttle lot, except for it is off-airport.

14. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

^Ahh ok, thanks for explaining that, had no clue.

15. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

I think the only thing Fasttrack has going for it is it is cheaper then the airport parking and you can earn free parking.

fast track went bankrupt awhile ago the spot took over, they are slowing changing everything over the spot logo, fast track wasnt good at all business wise so we seen bankruptcy coming to them for a year or so, i know several employees that use to work for them and what most of them said wasnt nice things.

17. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

i talked to one of the drivers and they confirmed that the parking lot will starting being repaved in march.

18. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

I went by this place today and it still is Fasttrack. they did have some minor construction equipment out front. Maybe the parking spot realized it was beyond repair.

They have a ton of locations across the nation to overhaul. They are slowly phasing other locations over and OKC will still happen. I have seen ads in airline onboard magazines with the new locations including OKC.

20. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

I would be curious to see ho much is going to take to bring that place up to parking spot spec. They already upgraded the buses. The parking lot couldn't be any worse. Part of the front building partially collapsed in the icestorm a couple year back. etc etc. I think they are basically starting from scratch.

21. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

No dice on that construction equipment doing anything. I went back this week and the equipment was gone and everything looked the same. they were running a new black bus this week.

The equipment was to measure the canopy for the engineering company doing the construction. Permits have been filed with the city to hopefully start construction in June.

23. Default Re: The Parking Spot is coming to Will Rogers Airport!!

I went throught this place this week and it looks like the workers have finally showed up. They were tearing down the old structure. Very curious to see how the new place will work.

Yes, construction on the canopy is almost done. Have a little more to do when we re-brand. Next week---fixing the pavement. Been told everything should be done by 9-22-11. I am interested in seeing how it will work to as we will have a cashier booth along with a credit card lane and the flow in and out will be changed.

Great to hear!

Thread Information