Widgets Magazine
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1692

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Places like Marshalls and Ross really hurt Macy's too. Why pay 90 for a Ralph Lauren when you can get one for 30 at a Marshalls. Yeah the quality is different, but the average shopper isnt going to notice it when they buy.

The Dillard in PS is super nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I think it'll come back. Lots of those companies filled a demand made by the market and lots of people opted to shop online especially during COVID. I bet we see a brick and mortar rebound within 2-3 years. Before COVID PS had a long waiting list. I doubt the mall goes from that to failing all because they are letting a mattress store in to keep money flowing.
    Chain stores were closing before the pandemic. I'm just hoping the store closings will stop. Home Goods opening a new store last week in Stillwater is a good sign, though. But Belk had to declare bankruptcy last month. It managed to do so without closing stores. It only has several stores in Oklahoma. Hopefully, Belk has seen the worst. The Belk family wisely sold out for billions over 5 years ago. If Belk becomes a good deal stronger, maybe it will one day open a store in OKC at one of the malls. It's probably better than JCPenney.
    https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...%20in-process.

4. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Macy's is just a sad shell of what it used to be.

They've been going steadily downhill for quite a while.
    Macy's online is quite good. And I've been surprised at how much is available to buy online pickup curbside at the Penn Square store. I have no idea if that helps or hurts the Penn Square store's numbers. I hope it helps. We rarely go inside there to shop because, frankly, the Dillard's is such a better shopping experience. It just seems Macy's doesn't know what it wants to be-- a nice department store or a discounter all about the sales. In the end they have no identity right now. But they have a great selection online.

Looks like an Aveda store is coming to Penn Square. According to the website, it will be on the second floor.

I took a stroll through the mall yesterday and was surprised to see that Taco Bell has left their space. Always seemed very busy.

It its place, something called Cilantro is under construction.

I took a stroll through the mall yesterday and was surprised to see that Taco Bell has left their space. Always seemed very busy.

It its place, something called Cilantro is under construction.
    I saw that several weeks ago. I think before that it was an Arbys? Other than Chick Fil A, name brand fast food hasn't done well long term in PS. Does anyone remember if there was ever a McDonald's in PSM? I know Crossroads had one.

8. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I saw that several weeks ago. I think before that it was an Arbys? Other than Chick Fil A, name brand fast food hasn't done well long term in PS. Does anyone remember if there was ever a McDonald's in PSM? I know Crossroads had one.
    I don't remember a McDonald's being there, but there used to be a Wendy's in the corner by the hallway to the restrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    I don't remember a McDonald's being there, but there used to be a Wendy's in the corner by the hallway to the restrooms.
    I think that is what I am thinking of. I remember getting frosties there

Does anyone know the year chick fil a got rid of their private dinning area?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Hallmark is closing their store at Penn.
    Earth Bound Trading Company has begun remodeling of that space and will be opening around the end of June.

^^^ are they moving from Quail Springs or a second location?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^ are they moving from Quail Springs or a second location?
    2nd location.

2nd location.
    Yes...the Quail Springs store will remain open. And they have a store in Norman...Sooner Fashion. They also just opened a new store in Woodland Hills Mall in Tulsa. Earth Bound actually does great business. And their business has been improving in recent years.

15. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

It's not official information, but I was in Dillard's PS last week, I think a Tuesday morning. And it was relatively busy. I asked a couple salespeople how business has been so far in 2021. Both said great. Both said the store is beating sales records set before the pandemic. They were really excited.

Swarovski has closed down

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    It's not official information, but I was in Dillard's PS last week, I think a Tuesday morning. And it was relatively busy. I asked a couple salespeople how business has been so far in 2021. Both said great. Both said the store is beating sales records set before the pandemic. They were really excited.
    “If you can get your hands on a clown suitcase, I’d very much like to see what’s inside of there”

Rue21 is taking space on the 2nd level between the western Dillards and the food court (south side of the mall).

I hadn't been to Penn Square in awhile. Ended up needing to go to the Apple Store this week, so on my way there I came down 44 as usual and got off on Penn. I was not prepared for the amount of homeless under the bridge there. There has always been panhandlers on the corners there, but I've never seen it completely packed with tents, tarps, and piles of trash like that. Looked like a mini skid row. Sad to see.

^

The cops routinely come around and clear them out, but they always come back again.

21. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

All was cleaned up/cleared out for the bridge construction earlier this spring/summer, but has quickly spiraled out of control again.

Went to the mall last week specifically to eat at the Gyro's place. But...it is closed. All equipment and signage gone :-(

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    Went to the mall last week specifically to eat at the Gyro's place. But...it is closed. All equipment and signage gone :-(
    Wow. That place had been there 20 plus years

ThinkGeek is closing at Penn Square

That’s kind of a bummer. I went to their website and I was redirected to GameStop. Are they part of GameStop? I walked through there last week but was in a rush and didn’t check it out in depth. I had planned to go back.

Thread Information