Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678954 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Fossil's Founder, Tom Kartsotis and his older brother Kosta who is Fossil's current CEO, grew up in Bethany. Kosta attended OSU, I believe. Tom and his parents moved to Texas when Tom was about 15 or 16. Their father worked at the Volkswagon dealership on N.W. 39th Expressway. Tom attended Western Oaks Elementary and Junior High. Fossil is now worth about a billion and a half dollars. Tom owns between 300-400 million in stock and Kosta owns nearly 700 million. Not bad for a couple of former local boys that did not go to Cassidy. LOL

Bigray in Ok

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Ever read Millionaire Next door, millionaire mind or any of Dr.Thomas J. Stanleys or Dave Ramseys books? This very reason is why on average plumbers and auctioneers have higher net worth on average over doctors. Plumbers and auctioneers make good money, but no one expects them to buy expensive clothes, homes, cars, etc, but they do for doctors and lawyers.
    Median income for auctioneer in 2009: $55,000

Median income for plumber in 2009: $40,089

Median income for defense attorney: $130,000

Median income for hospitalist in 2009: $178,192

Median income for ER physician: $250,000

Median income for Neuro-surgeon: $470,410

Median income for cardiothroacic surgeon: $401,325

Median income for plastic surgeon: $320,932

Do you make anything close to the 300-400k Patrick?

If I remember correctly I think the Millionaire Next Door talks more about the plumber that started a small plumbing company and has a small crew of employees rather than the regular ol plumber that the guy employs

...This very reason is why on average plumbers and auctioneers have higher net worth on average over doctors.
    Dave Ramsey also says you can feed your whole family for $5 at Little Caesar's and they won't get scurvy, which I also do not believe.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    If I remember correctly I think the Millionaire Next Door talks more about the plumber that started a small plumbing company and has a small crew of employees rather than the regular ol plumber that the guy employs
    Yeah, that's a little different than the sole proprietor plumber.

Do you make anything close to the 300-400k Patrick?

Not that it really matters what my income is, but I'm currently in my last year of residency...residents make around $50K a year. And I make around 75K at my moonlighting job. So, no, as a resident I don't currently make that amount. But, I'm in my final year of residency, so I'll soon be in that income bracket next year. Average salary for docs is around $200K-300K a year. Sounds like a lot. But, not really, considering I've been in training for 14 years post-high school, and have over $250K in student loans.

8. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Not that it really matters what my income is, but I'm currently in my last year of residency...residents make around $50K a year. And I make around 75K at my moonlighting job. So, no, as a resident I don't currently make that amount. But, I'm in my final year of residency, so I'll soon be in that income bracket next year. Average salary for docs is around $200K-300K a year. Sounds like a lot. But, not really, considering I've been in training for 14 years post-high school, and have over $250K in student loans.
    Not to mention once you go into private practice, the insurance premiums (yikes!). I also agree you shouldn't feel like you have to answer income questions from fellow posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yeah, that's a little different than the sole proprietor plumber.
    Anyone that owns their own business and has a steady amount of work will be making more than someone working for a company. Though you (usually) need to start by working for a company and then start your own business, and hope you have clients from your previous business, good contacts and future prospects on the horizon. I know people who have their own business, especially those in the building trades like plumbing and carpentry, that either do really well (over 100K a year) or are barely making it with how volatile the industry can be..

$1,000,000 building permit to renovate 33,346 square feet of 2-story space at Penn Square.

Has to be one of the department stores or perhaps the theater?

11. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

The gym formerly known as Aspen is closing up shop. I believe Friday the 11th was their last day in business.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    The gym formerly known as Aspen is closing up shop. I believe Friday the 11th was their last day in business.
    Really? I guess that shows how much I go to the gym. That will leave a pretty big void of gyms in the nw area.
    I'm interested to know the retailer replacing it

Really? I guess that shows how much I go to the gym. That will leave a pretty big void of gyms in the nw area.
    I'm interested to know the retailer replacing it
    Gold's Gym is at NW Expy and Lake Hef Pkwy.

Does anyone know what will move in to where Aspen was ???

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    There's also a Planet Fitness location in the shopping center on the South side of NW Expressway at 63rd and the All American location on NW Expressway.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    Forgot about that opening up. I'm just worried of what I'll have to pay. I joined Aspen several years back and had a really cheap monthly payment, that probably won't happen at golds.

Glad the gym is going or gone. Going into Pottery Barn Kids, below the gym, was kind of like experiencing a reverse earthquake.

18. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Forgot about that opening up. I'm just worried of what I'll have to pay. I joined Aspen several years back and had a really cheap monthly payment, that probably won't happen at golds.
    They advertise $9.99 bi-weekly. The ads also say that this offer ends in 10 days but they've said that for months. We had a long term agreement with Aspen that transferred to Golds so I haven't paid much attention to what Golds actually charges new memberships.

Do you mean bi-monthly? Why would anyone on earth pay bi-weekly?

20. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Do you mean bi-monthly? Why would anyone on earth pay bi-weekly?
    Possibly because many people get paid bi-weekly?

21. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Bi-weekly. Or the equivalent of approx. $20 per month.

Wouldn't that be bi-monthly......bi(twice) monthly

Wouldn't that be bi-monthly......bi(twice) monthly
    You're thinking semi-monthly.

According to the definition at the above link it could be both.

Thread Information